Suggestion Collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suggestion Collection

Post by alasdair69 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:28 am

Hokay, I promised this a couple of chats ago but I had to essentially redo the whole thing so someone other than me could make head or tail of it, a task complicated by a bout of Bubonic Whooping Flu-monia; sorry for the wait, Fred and Raed. First though, a little background/explanation is in order. As the three or four people who’ve made it to the chats so far already know, I’m incredibly OCD, which makes me really good at organizing things and making them more efficient. When I first started playing SimBrothel, I became enamored of what the game ~could~ be and then when I saw everyone making suggestions for v2 I thought to myself, “Self, you really ought to try your hand at it and see what you can come up with.” I already had some pretty good ideas but before I went too far I wanted to see what everyone else had to say, so I began the mammoth undertaking of going through every single post in every single forum pertaining in any way to SimBrothel that I could find. That included this one, the phpbb3 one and four different forums on FunnyGames, one for each version of SimBrothel and two for SlaveMaker since they’re related games, for a total of approximately 3,500 posts.

In the final analysis, I found 431 different applicable comments, of which roughly ten percent were complaints and the rest suggestions, which I then put into a combined list organized by which aspect of the game they were in regard to. Once armed with the knowledge of what people (at least the ones who voiced opinions) wanted, I began incorporating as many suggestions as I could into the framework of ideas I already had, tweaking some and discarding a few, to make a model of SimBrothel at it’s ultimate potential.

Well, when I mentioned this in the inaugural chat, a couple of people expressed interest in seeing my list so, after much tidying on my part and no doubt anxious anticipation on theirs, here it is. Bear in mind that I didn’t make note of who suggested what, so please no one get offended if you see yourself characterized here as ‘someone’ or ‘1 person’, okay? Also, I’ve tried to keep my editorial comments and smartassery to a minimum but you will occasionally see my thoughts on various suggestions presented in braces (i.e., {…}). Since the whole thing is eight pages in my word processor, I’ll break it up into discreet sections to make it easier to post, to read and to cuss and discuss for anyone inclined to do so. I’ll begin with the complaints and then move on from there.

COMPLAINTS:
There were 34 posts that just complained about something without offering any suggestions, but I thought even those were worth taking note of.
12 {about a third of all complaints and approximately 2.8% of all comments period, making it the second largest single grouping} had to do with only getting pictures of the house leaders at the end of each day. Several suggestions have been made as to how to do it differently, but I’ll get to those in the appropriate section.
5 said that even girls with high Obedience and Sex scores refuse to work too often.
5 noted that the girls aren’t different enough. There are themes and leadership abilities, but some are too similar and/or assigned to girls that don’t make sense and some girls don’t have enough or any of either.
4 pointed out that house leader abilities are too vague and don’t have enough effect.
2 observed that the Jokers give repetitive awards (i.e., the Slave Market pass when you’ve already got it) and some Joker girls aren’t really worth it.
2 didn’t like not being able to choose the advertising they’re paying for.
2 felt that ranking up is pretty random.
1 pointed out that the Obedient theme doesn’t raise Obedience nearly as much as the other Stat-based themes raise their Stats.
1 criticized the fact that there’s no real point to the game and no payoff past a certain point, thus no real replay value.

MODES:
18 {That’s 4% of all 431 comments, for those keeping score, the largest grouping of people wanting the same thing.} wanted a sandbox mode or some form of unlimited play. Of those, one suggested completing easy and normal mode first to unlock hard and sandbox mode.
1 suggested completing all three difficulties to unlock lesbian mode and anthro (furry) mode.

STORYLINE:
5 saw the need for a central storyline {and said something about it}. Of those, 1 suggested making it revolve around the three goddesses, with all events relating to their story. Another had the idea for a city of brothels, with your goal being to buy up all the buildings and girls in the city. A third wanted a goal apart from simply ending the game, a rival house or an amount needed for day 300, something to make the player ~need~ more girls.
4 said that what the game needs is competition.
2 suggested having Sasami potentially transform into Tsunami {if you’ve watched Tenchi Muyo, it makes sense} as a plot element.
2 advised having all the girls from the same source (i.e., Final Fantasy, Naruto, etc.) share in a common subplot between them, either as to how they got where they are or relating to events during the game.
1 felt that storylines for each girl should be limited to a quick summary page and not be overly intrusive to the game.
1 had the idea to have ‘milestone events’ related to the overall storyline and separate from the monthly missions happen at regular intervals.
1 wanted the Yakuza to have a larger role in the story and/or gameplay.

SETTING:
A few people {okay, 6} had some suggestions about the area the game is set in and the neighborhoods where the various buildings can be found.
3 suggested that there could be different random events, goals/missions and types of customers for different buildings based on what type of neighborhood they’re in.
2 went even farther by saying that the neighborhoods themselves needed more buildup, one of whom divided the city into the Slums, the Lower Class District, the Middle Class district and the Upper Class district and Central Palace. {summarized here for space considerations, further detail available upon request}
1 felt that the choice of girls and buildings should be based on in-game progress, for example only a few girls and the Small Shack available until day 20.

ENDINGS:
Oddly enough, not a lot of people have said anything about endings, but two people noticed that you could go negative in gold (i.e., into debt) and suggested that a bad ending could be achieved if you were too many days in debt at day 300.

alasdair69

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Part Two

Post by alasdair69 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:30 am

OWNER/OPERATOR:
Fortunately, someone did some of the work for me on this one. First, I’ll reprint a piece of conversation verbatim between two people {one of whom I’m pretty sure is/was on the Dev Team} and then get to the other miscellaneous suggestions:

Person A:
“So the owner is the goddess you pick at the beginning for the difficulty level, but this isn't at all apparent. How to differentiate the owner as not just another girl...Ideas? To provide some from the forums there are items, perks such as developing ‘relationships’ with people of interest (construction worker, slave trainer, others?), and of course the walk function. Another was to go shopping for rare items or girls. But should there be more? Perhaps a leveling system? Or treat the owner as a global leader, able to choose from a variety of leadership styles each round? To bring some of the idea's together, flesh them out, and provide some of my own:
Actions:
Take a Walk
Go to Slave Market
Visit Slave Trainer
Oversee
Push - girls get bonus to con i.e. able to see more customers
Host - offers higher prestige and increases reputation growth
Advertise/Seduce - more customers available
Instruct - random stat bonuses possible plus obedience growth
Items: ...already good lists out there, offer various bonuses to stat growth
Training: owner can learn to be an instructor, offering extra stat bonuses to those not in a building. Some training may be purchased while others must be learned from people met on walks. Might be a good way to include schools from the first game without making the game overly tedious.
Jokers: like the old weekly joker system, but allow jokers to be learned, purchased, or acquired through walks. Basically, the player will generally have a choice of jokers to use for the week, perhaps in the later game being able to use multiple jokers in a week.”

Person B:
“Well my idea of the main character is that she has ‘occupations’ instead of just walks. ‘Work’ would maker her available as Girl, basically like now. But she could also spend her time differently like ‘hiring’, ‘learning’, ‘adventuring’, ‘shopping’ (for unique items affecting her, not general stuff for her employees)...”

Person A again:
“Hiring as an action...interesting, instead of paying for slave market you must give up your main girl's turn to do so. Moreover, visiting purchased girls at the slave trainer would be another action for the owner to take (there's a slave trainer now!?).”

Okay, on to the other suggestions.
3 people liked the idea of the main character being someone new, with the initial choice of goddess just being their first girl. {Down, ShinRad, down! No, you ~can’t~ shoot them with the Molotov Cow Gun (tm). Here, have a Scooby snack and lay back down. Good girl.}
3 suggested being able to train another girl as your assistant, a la Slave Maker.
1 said that maybe the leader should have to perform a ceremony of sorts, meeting with certain people and impressing them, in order to move her operation into new areas of the city.
1 felt that the owner should have a special and unique leadership ability, better than the others.
1 thought that if there is an experience point-based leveling system, it should be for the protagonist only, with it and character customization taking place in the Walk section. For example, ‘takes motivational seminar: busy for seven days but gains Motivator trait’.
1 wanted to implement Personal Attention for training or disciplinary purposes: “Anyway, haven’t you ever gotten a little upset with your new girl not working and wanted to break her of that bad habit? Don't you wish you could take a girl aside and teach her how to hold a proper conversation? How about teaching her some sexual techniques personally? That's what this is for. Once per day, you personally train one girl before sending her to work that evening. There is a ‘training’ for each stat (conversation for Charisma, ‘hands on’ training for Sex, jogging for Constitution, domination and bondage for Obedience, 'Event' for Reputation [take her to the town square, show her off a little, personally advertise where the lovely lady will be tonight]). Each of these could give 1 to 4 points a shot, or just be set at an even, reliable 2. This would all be free.”
1 asked, “Too much money to spend? May I suggest adding Decorating Room function on the ‘building’ section? Players can purchase furniture to accommodate their penthouse, however these furniture and structures will serve no purpose or benefit, just for self amusement and viewing only: small water fountain, embroidered red carpet, Venus statue, light chandelier, portrait paintings, garden, fireplace, king size bed, water bed etc. The decorating idea can also be served as one of the joker challenge as well (purchasing certain types of structure or furniture).”
1 had the novel idea of having ~five~ starting girls to choose from instead of three, each with a different ability that affected gameplay for all the girls working under them. Examples given included Tsunade (a healer) being able to heal all girls by a certain amount every week, Belldandy (a good-hearted goddess) reducing the probability of negative random events, Tifa (the ‘Empress of Ecchi’) increasing the number of customers without advertising, and Zelda (a rich princess) doubling starting gold.
And all 1 requested was to put the image of the owner, whoever she may be, in front in the main menu.

alasdair69

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Part Three

Post by alasdair69 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:35 am

GENERAL GIRL-RELATED SUGGESTIONS:
4 pointed out that the game is about a brothel but more services can be offered, such as theme waitress, strip tease, bartender, entertainer, sexy massage and of course full service. Apart from giving more depth to the game, more could be charged for the higher services and girls with low Obedience could start in lower services but refuse less.
2 wanted to include more girls that work together, like Nami and Nico Robin or Nausicaa and Kusana.
2 thought there should be differences in the girls based on how you attain them. One suggested that slaves should have Obedience while free girls should have Motivation and the real professionals should need to be headhunted from other bordellos. The other said that regular girls should have low stats and cost, slaves should have average to high stats and good themes but cost a lot, and girls with high stats and really good themes should come from Jokers, Walk or sell themselves to you at a very high price.
1 suggested that Slave Market girls should cost a lot to buy but you shouldn’t have to pay them every day to work for you since they’re slaves and you own them.
1 said that after picking a girl from the Slave Market you should get her 15-20 days later, after she’s been trained, with improved stats, etc.
1 felt there should be a ‘Secret Slave Market’ for high end, celebrity, hard to acquire or non-human girls or ones with rare or unique abilities.
1 requested that you should be able to get more from a girl than you initially paid for her if you sell her after training her and ranking her up.
1 recommended adding titles for girls who achieve certain criteria (i.e., ‘Tifa the Cumdumpster’ or ‘Zelda the Whore Queen’).
1 would charge different prices for different sexual positions.
1 advocated a ‘fetish system’: “If you buy a school-girl outfit, you'd get bonus customers to that fetish. Though, if it's not a fetish customers are into, then they'll get less customers due to specialization. Also, if it's something extreme, they'd be less likely to work.”
And 1 had an idea that, to be honest, I’m not entirely sure how to categorize: “But to keep up a ‘they're not just objects’ vibe you could do a mid-day thing where a girl would confront the player and you would answer a question. Depending on your answer would depend on whether she got a stat bonus or minus. It'd have little bearing in loosing stats or gaining them but would add a little more realism into the prospect of umm... selling women.”

THEMES/LEADERSHIP ABILITIES/TRAITS/STATS:
5 suggested giving every girl one unique skill that has a major effect. {With over 100 girls? Yikes!}
4 new themes were suggested:
* Maiden: small Obedience, Charisma and Building Reputation bonuses but small Constitution minus.
* Dominatrix: medium Obedience bonus but small Charisma and Constitution minuses, higher success rate at forcing girls to work.
* Love Machine: girls may serve more customers/day but small Constitution minus. {Not sure how this is supposed to work since Constitution actually determines how many customers a girl can serve; if it goes down, wouldn’t they be able to serve ~fewer~ customers?}
* Strip Tease: small Constitution and Reputation bonuses but small Sex minus.
3 new leadership abilities were suggested:
* Secretary: half advertising and building costs.
* Roleplay: Charisma bonus but double girl cost.
* Nanny: big Obedience bonus and lowered cost of girls. {Isn’t that what the Obedient theme does now?}
2 requested that Ability Points be brought back. One of those suggested giving a certain amount to each new girl for customization before assigning her to a new building, with certain skills only available at certain ranks or levels of an appropriate stat. The other suggested that each girl could gain a small number of APs every time a mission is completed in addition to the random abilities they pick up from working, so that even girls upon whom probability doesn’t smile can gain skills.
2 would bring back Joy/Happiness. One points out that even a slave, if unhappy, will not perform or if they did wouldn’t perform well and the other suggests having to keep girls happy (i.e., increasing their maintenance cost) or they are less productive and may quit.
1 wanted to implement a new stat called Morale that would act as sort of a combination of Joy/Happiness and Health. It would affect how often a girl worked and possibly how much she charged you, would drop if she was hurt, drugged, forced to work or worked in houses she felt were beneath her and she would run away if it reached zero.
1 thought Libido should be added back in because even someone with a lot of experience may not have the sex drive to have a lot of partners, citing Lolitas as possible examples in support of this.

TRAINING:
3 wanted to encourage the development of the girls, with one suggesting toning back the expected number of girls (by reducing the room count in larger buildings and having fewer missions requiring a certain number of girls) to make focusing on this easier. The other two suggested bringing back training to raise stats and having girls actually able to learn themes through training.
7 possible options for such training were suggested:
* XXX School: Sex bonus, Constitution minus and the Nymphomaniac Theme.
* Modeling school: Charisma bonus, Constitution minus and the Smile Theme.
* Etiquette School: Obedience and Charisma bonus, Sex and Constitution minus and the Noble Theme.
* Dojo: Constitution bonus, Obedience minus and the Ninja Theme.
* Gym: Constitution bonus, Charisma minus and the Tough Theme.
* Slave Maker: Obedience bonus, Constitution minus and the Obedient Theme.
* Plastic Surgeon: Charisma bonus, Constitution minus and the Big Boobs Theme.
1 felt that it would be fun to be able to specialize each girl in a specific field if possible, as it would add some extra depth and customization to the game

alasdair69

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Part Four

Post by alasdair69 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:41 am

ACCESSORIES:
10 people {That’s 2.3% of the total suggestions made, the fourth largest grouping, and not even counting all the people who proceeded to run with it.} wanted to bring back equipment for girls and add more variety.
2 had very similar suggestions on how to handle accessories, and since both are kind of complex and far-reaching I’ll just reprint them here:

“You can give a girl one item that will buff her in some way. Then, when the Accessory is no longer needed, collect it and give it to another girl or just hold on to it in a chest of items in the info menu. Some items can also be always useful, like one that gives her an additional type. ‘Show’ types are not possible this way, but that would be about all. Other always useful items could be something that helps the girl hold Obedience over the others, or even some magic item that allows a girl to service an extra customer each night (stamina potions maybe). Accessories are bought at a store, which has a large selection of items. You then give each girl you wish an item for them to use. Since each item can help anyone, and all last forever (plus only one per girl), it's not too complex for the player (feel for the programmer however).”

“We first need a few items that grant basic bonuses, such as added income or added stats for the girl. These items are ‘equipables’ and I suggest every girl only be able to have one such item (to keep it simple). You could even have special kinds of outfits that give the girl an extra style. The next group of possible equipables slowly increase a stat over time. Each day, as long as the girl has the item equipped, the item has it's effect. Needless to say, these items should be more expensive then the ones that give a static buff. These items are ‘magic’ in nature. Finally, the last group of items for girls are expendables; they give a girl a one-time bonus. Each one buffs a stat or perhaps adds a style to the girl. Depending on the effect, these should vary in cost. Now, none of the ‘these items are only for this girl’ stuff from Sim Brothel 1. Have a window that is a ‘storage room’ of sorts that has all the items you have purchased/found (great for ‘Take a Walk’ events) and you hand them out to girls as you see fit, taking them back when needed and giving them to a girl that needs it more. You can also buy the one-use items and hold onto them until you need to use them.”

1 {Again, who I’m pretty sure is/was on the Dev Team.} suggested making items purchasable both on a per girl basis and per building basis, so you could either buy Nami a luxurious kimono or buy a wardrobe for the Big House to be enjoyed by all girls present.
1 requested special items for each girl that unlocked something special for them. {Again, with over 100 girls this could get nuts.}
1 went so far as to recommend a random item generator like that in Blizzard’s Diablo game, with a few rare and unique items thrown in for good measure.

All told, nearly 50 individual items were suggested by various people and trying to sort them into categories that make sense is a pain in the butt since several items were suggested by more than one person, usually with entirely different suggested effects. I’ve done my best to put them into a few broad groups, however.

Items that increase one or more stats (and sometimes decrease others) so long as they’re equipped fall into three basic categories: clothing, non-clothing wearables, and miscellaneous.
* Kimono: one person suggested a bonus to Charisma and Reputation while another suggested a bonus to Charisma and Happiness but a penalty to Libido.
* Nice Dress: bonus to Charisma.
* Fine Dress: larger bonus to Charisma.
* Wonder Bra: bonus to Charisma.
* Fishnet Stockings: bonus to Charisma.
* Lingerie: bonus to Charisma and Libido.
* Fetish Wear: bonus to money earned.
* School Uniform: bonus to Charisma and Libido but penalty to Happiness.
* Nurse Uniform: bonus to Charisma, Libido and Constitution but penalty to Happiness.
* See Through Dress: big bonus to Charisma and Libido but big penalty to Happiness.
* ‘Birthday Suit’: even bigger bonus to Charisma and Libido but even bigger penalty to Happiness.
* ‘Slave Suit’ (Ultimate Suit): medium bonus to Charisma, Sex, Obedience, Libido and Happiness. {Yeah … okay … moving on ….}

* Collar/Collar and Leash/Harness, Color and Leash: varying degrees of bonus to Obedience. {Also, see below.}
* ‘Under Clothes Bondage’: bonus to Obedience and Libido but penalty to Happiness.
* Cuffs/Blindfold/Gag: various degrees of bonus to Obedience and penalty to Happiness. (Blindfold also gives bonus to Libido.)
* Nipple Rings/Clit Ring: various degrees of bonus to Libido but various degrees of penalty to Happiness.
* Hairpin: bonus to Charisma and Happiness.
* Chastity Belt: one person suggested a big bonus to Obedience but big penalty to Happiness while another suggested it would give the Obedient theme. {Makes you wonder if they realize just what a chastity belt actually ~is~, doesn’t it? And two different people suggested it.}
* ‘Special’ Ring: bonus to Charisma, Obedience and Happiness. {Okay, I have no idea what this is supposed to be in reference to. Engagement ring, maybe?}

* Mirror: bonus to Charisma.
* Haircut and Facial: bonus to Charisma.
* Dildo: Bonus to Sex and Happiness.
* Anal Plug: Bonus to Sex but penalty to Happiness.
* Silk Bed Sheets: bonus to Happiness and Libido but penalty to Obedience and Constitution.
* Whip: one person suggested a bonus to Obedience to all other girls in the building if this girl is the leader {An item that affects the stats of everyone ~except~ the person who has it?} while another suggested making it much more likely to successfully force other girls to work.

Some suggested items increase one stat permanently by a small amount every day the item is equipped. All but one of these are wearable items.
* Leather Collar: Obedience growth. {Also, see above.}
* Tiara of Beauty: Charisma growth.
* Necklace of Vitality: Constitution growth.
* Ring of Lust: Sex growth.
* Bracelet of Submission: Obedience growth.
* Makeup Kit: Charisma growth.

Other suggested items also increase one stat (in one case, two) permanently but are single use items, being expended upon being used.
* Aphrodisiac: both people who suggested this said it should give a bonus to Sex, but one also said it should give a bonus to Constitution as well.
* Stamina Potion: bonus to Constitution.
* Potion of Acquiescence: bonus to Obedience.
* Perfume: bonus to Libido.

Finally, several items were suggested that added a theme to the girl. Some are clothing or other wearables that only work as long as they’re equipped while others are expendables, having a permanent effect.
* Luxurious Kimono/Regal Finery: gives the Noble theme.
* Neko Neko (Catgirl) Outfit: gives the Catgirl theme.
* Lacy Gothic Dress: gives the Lolita theme.
* Vibrator Panties: gives the Nymphomaniac theme.
* Buxomize Pill: gives the Big Boobs theme.
* Devil’s Candy: gives the Nymphomaniac theme.
* Youth Potion: gives the Lolita theme.

alasdair69

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Part Five

Post by alasdair69 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:44 am

GENERAL BUILDING-RELATED SUGGESTIONS:
4 wanted to be able to buy more than one of the various buildings (typically the higher end ones) or just more buildings in general, as to be able to accommodate more girls without resorting to adding new rooms.
3 thought it would be great to be able to upgrade the lower end buildings to a higher level, either using the same progression already in place (i.e. the Old Shack into a Small House, etc.) or entirely new types of buildings (i.e., the Old Shack into a Cabin, etc.).
1 took this a step further by recommending there only be one building in the first place that has to be upgraded to different levels using the same values for purchasing new buildings now.
2 requested the ability to sell off the lower level, unwanted buildings.
2 suggested that the bigger buildings with more rooms should be able to have multiple themes.
2 said you should be able to name your various buildings.
1 felt that Building Reputation should be more obvious and/or important: “If all the girls refuse to work in that building, the building reputation will suffer. The more building reputation you have, the more customers will likely patronize and less advertisement cost to be applied. Building reputation can also be served as one of the joker challenges (exceeding X % of building reputation within limit time given).”
1 asked to know more about the buildings’ ‘Decoration’ stat, so far a mystery buried in the code.
1 observed that ownership of game rooms, opium rooms, etc. {see below} should warrant extra income.
1 pointed out that it would be nice if you have multiple buildings to have a ‘Repair All’ button so you don’t have to spend time on them each individually.
1 noted that building repair/rebuilding should be both costly and optional, citing that if they owned the Palace and the Shack fell down they didn’t care but if the Palace burned down they should have to pay heavily to rebuild it.

BUILDING UPGRADES:
11 {Or 2.6% of the total, coming in third in the top categories of comments.} wanted to bring back building upgrades.
1 advised that bigger buildings should be able to support more upgrades, i.e., the Old Shack can’t have an upgrade while the Central Palace can have them all.
1 felt that different upgrades (and advertisements) should apply to the different buildings, feeling that a gaming room for the Old Shack seemed a little strange, for instance.
1 noted that the number and type of modifications to a building could influence the girls working there in the context of their themes and could actually act as a ‘stat school’ by balancing the effects of the building with the girls’ development.
1 observed that the same upgrades should cost more for higher end buildings than for lower end, i.e., a garden should cost more for the Central Palace than it does for a Small House.
1 pointed out that building upgrades, especially the more elaborate ones, should take time to be completed instead of taking effect the instant you pay for them.
1 suggested that building upgrades could themselves be upgradeable to different levels, offering successively better benefits.

Quite a few building upgrades were suggested, with several being suggested by multiple people, but unlike Accessories the expected benefits were pretty consistent. They generally fall into three loose categories: new rooms, furniture and miscellaneous.

4 S&M Dungeon: bonus to Obedience, possible penalty to Happiness.
4 Bar: extra income, possible bonus to Obedience.
4 Gambling Parlor: extra income, possible loss of income if someone beats the house.
3 Garden: possible bonus to Charisma.
3 Exotic Dance Floor/Stage (complete with brass pole): possible bonus to Constitution.
2 Massage Parlor: extra income and bonus to Building Reputation.
2 Erotic Library: bonus to Sex.
1 Kitchen: bonus to Constitution, possible Apron Girls and Body Sushi.
1 Fitness Room: bonus to Constitution.
1 Makeup and Dressing Room: bonus to Charisma.
1 Presidential Suite: one customer/day for greatly enhanced income.
1 Opium Room: included as part of a list, no potential benefits suggested.
1 Hot Springs: included as part of a list, no potential benefits suggested.
1 Salon: included as part of a list, no potential benefits suggested.
1 Toy Room: included as part of a list, no potential benefits suggested.

3 Wardrobe: possible bonus to Reputation, possible bulk use of clothing items (“…so you could either buy Nami a luxurious kimono or buy a wardrobe for the Big House to be enjoyed by all girls present.”)
2 Themed Furniture, Costumes and Props: counts as having one girl of every theme not related to a specific anime/game present at all times, making higher ranking themes easier to get.
1 Decorative Fountain/Waterfall: included as part of a list, no potential benefits suggested.
1 Jacuzzi/Pool: included as part of a list, no potential benefits suggested.

2 Beautification: bonus to Building Reputation.
2 Sumptuous Accommodations: “girls that work here are considered more beautiful and the sex more fulfilling”.
1 Information Center: “advertising for girls working here, maybe attracting more customers or increasing income or even adding reputation”.
1 Aphrodisiac Incense Burners: included as part of a list, no potential benefits suggested.
1 “Each house could have an item slot where you place something, the item gives buffs or debuffs but only as long as the item is placed there. It may be consumable, for only one girl or one house”.
1 “Include magical items that can be used (i.e., summon Shiva to handle additional customers that day, summon a genie to handle all customers in a given house that day, etc.)”.

ADVERTISING:
1 requested that instead of ‘less’ and ‘more’, the actual amount be shown, i.e. 0, 10 and 20 gold.
1 suggested a little more depth to the advertising, such as ‘None – Doorman – Sign – Handouts – Taxi Bribes (“basically, you pay off some form of public transportation or information source to always recommend your place; lots of strip clubs do it in this day and age”).

CUSTOMERS:
2 felt that the bigger buildings should be able to get more customers.
1 recommended there be a finite amount of customers no matter the upgrades and advertising, and if you have more girls than customers you simply don’t earn any money.
1 disagreed and felt that customers should be theoretically unlimited, the actual number attracted based solely on Building Reputation, theme and advertising.
1 suggested that instead of giving each girl her maximum number of customers before moving on to the next, each girl should be given one customer, then a second, etc, up to each girl’s maximum.

alasdair69

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Part Six

Post by alasdair69 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:47 am

MANAGEMENT:
5 requested the ability to sort girls by their stats so they could see at a glance who needed or no longer needed to be assigned to certain themed buildings. Three of these requested additional sorting by theme, while the other two requested additional sorting by rank.
3 wanted the ‘Cannot Sell Yourself’ message put back in. {I suppose it did have a kind of quirky charm.}
2 suggested ‘Add All’ and ‘Remove All’ buttons, so they could more easily transfer the entire staff of a building into a newly purchased building.
2 felt the need for a ‘Halt Production’ button, which would remove all girls from all buildings.
1 thought it would be ‘really awesome’ to just have to double click a girl to move her to the unassigned list.
1 didn’t like having to move girls to the unassigned list or going to their individual pages just to move them to a new house, suggesting instead that if you click on a girl and then on a building she should go there.
1 observed that it would be better to be able to select multiple girls at a time before you add/remove them, perhaps by shift-clicking them.
1 had the interesting idea of adding an explanatory icon next to the girls’ names, a ‘$’ if they’re working, a 'zzz' if they’re resting, a book if they’re in school, etc, to make it a lot easier to manage everyone at a glance.
1 recommended changing the ‘Leader’ title to ‘Madame’.

DAILY COMMANDS:
1 wanted to extend the current leader option of drugging the girls by having other temporary/single use items. Examples given were treating the girls to sake (bonus to Sex and Obedience but penalty to Constitution), opium (big bonus to Obedience but penalty to Charisma), aphrodisiac (big bonus to Sex and bonus to Obedience) or even a tasty meal (bonus to Constitution and Obedience).
1 suggested that the aphrodisiac and ‘mind control’ drugs could not be available in the beginning, but later on you could buy and use them, possibly even getting them in various strengths.
1 pointed out that the drugs and aphrodisiacs should have a cost per girl, not per building.
1 would add special events to the daily menu at the higher end buildings: Tea Ceremony (bonus to Charisma and Obedience but penalty to Sex) and Lingerie Party (bonus to Sex and Reputation). Both would earn money for the girls taking part and have a higher chance of attracting noble or celebrity customers.
1 liked the day-by-day routine but wished it were more varied like in Slave Maker: “I've got a girl who can see four customers? What if I just let her see two instead, and then let her rest, or send her to school for the rest of the day? That makes sense in situations where you can't bring in enough customers for all the girls you have working. So why not just bench one? It has to do with the acquisition of Ability Points and all the other things they accrue when they're working. If a girl sees just one customer in a day, it counts. If she's off learning how to rhyme, it doesn't.”

END OF DAY:
10 {2.3%, or number five on the hit parade.} wanted to see the number of customers worked, stat increases, etc, of each girl in a building at the end of the day.
3 understood why it was changed to not show pics of every girl any more but suggested showing a pic of a random girl in the building instead of just the leaders.
2 recommended showing a pic of the building and an overall report, then allowing people to scroll through reports on the individual girls working there.
2 would like to see a defiant pic of a girl when she refuses to work.
1 wished for the ability to turn individual girls’ pics on or off.
1 requested making image viewing optional altogether, “for those of us who have seen them enough times to just consider them as obstacles to playing the game.”
1 noted that some important messages, such as a girl refusing to work, a fire, etc, should be presented in colored text to make them stand out.
1 said, “This might be more trouble than it's really worth, but for girls that reach a certain reputation (and of course only the ones that you could find the right pics for) you could have a ‘[girl's name] was popular today, gained an extra [3 gold]’ and then show like an orgy or gangbang pic”.
1 observed that customer appreciation should affect a girl’s Reputation.
1 felt that if a building was empty, it should be skipped in the end of day report.
1 suggested that there should be some kind of bonus when two or more girls in a building cooperate, like Nami and Nico Robin or Nausicaa and Kusana.

RANKING UP:
3 suggested implementing stat maximums at different ranks.
2 requested bringing back experience points.
1 felt that, instead of a general pool of experience points you can use for anything you like (“The experience you got giving someone a blowjob shouldn’t be valid to raise Constitution.”), they should be dedicated to each stat or skill, automatically accruing as you use it. When you have enough, the stat or skill would improve automatically up to a certain point, after which you would need special training to ‘open up’ the next part of the range.
1 wanted to add some more individual stats and make rank ‘passive’ based on that.
1 didn’t think “some abstract value of accrued experience” should be used to rank up a girl, or even why girls should have ranks at all. “A girl's worth should be based almost entirely upon her physical and mental attributes and her skills, perhaps modified by her location, the equipment she has, and other such things. This would mean that her price would increase gradually and evenly over time, rather than get these quantum leaps we see in SimBrothel -- just like it would in Real Life”.
1 recommended implementing stat increases every time a girl ranks up.
1 asked that each girl be given a point at each rank up to allocate to one of her themes, making it more effective.
1 had the idea that you should have to buy certain items for a girl in order to level her up.
1 noted that the main characters should have their own special titles that can only be increased after each mission. If you decided to buy any of the other main characters though, they would have the same ranks the other girls do.

alasdair69

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Part Seven

Post by alasdair69 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:50 am

MISSIONS AND RANDOM EVENTS:
2 hated the missions. One simply stated that they could set much better business goals than any of the missions do, while the other was specifically frustrated by the ones which required them to save up money. They pointed out that in the world of business, money that isn’t making money is useless and asked why they should have to keep it in the bank when they could be re-investing it into the business and have even more by the end of the thirty days.
1 pointed out that the program should check before assigning missions to make sure you don’t already have what you need to fulfill it.
2 proposed something midway between a mission and a random event: the Customer Looking for Something Special.

“Say a king comes to you he could say ‘I’d like a young girl, but she must be finely dressed. I will award you handsomely if she pleases me.’ So then you agree, choose the girl then choose the option whether to give her a new dress or maybe rope or something if they're into bondage. I don't know. This girl could be unavailable for a day or several depending on the request and if she meets expectations maybe you'll get a joker, an item to boost over-all girl values, a new room, house piece, free advertising, gold or even a new girl. She could also get slight stat increases. While failing could lower stats slightly, maybe even get you into trouble with whom ever the request was for. Maybe getting sued (loss of a percentage of your money 10% or so) house damage, girl kidnapped what have you. some of those sound rather excessive and frustrating if done. But the benefits for completing a request would have to be equally beneficial.”

“I'd also like to propose a common random event. Every once in a while (maybe once every 7-12 days) a customer approaches you with a special request (think of it as a mission). They want you to set something up for them under various parameters; something special they cannot easily find or might even be ashamed to ask for in a brothel setting (or the customer could be a wealthy noble person used to getting what they want). Examples of special parameters are: Specific Theme, Specific Trait, Specific Item, Specific Setting, Number of Girls, Minimum/Maximum Stat Limit. You then may look at your girls list in the management screen and try to set up the special encounter and the more requirements you meet, the more you get for completing the mission (rewards include money, items, reputation buffs, an extra joker or even a new girl).”

5 requested that random events be brought back, with one adding that they should be kept generic and not keyed to any particular girl.
Specific examples from v1 that were cited include:
* Customer compliments girl.
* Girl wishes to sell herself to you.
* Someone offers to buy a girl.
* Yakuza harassment, building disabled temporarily.
* Girl gets sick and can’t work for a while.
* Mail delivered.
* Girl runs away. {I don’t really think this should be random, but based on Obedience and perhaps Happiness.}
* Celebrity/noble customer.
* Epidemic.
* Girl works for Model Agency.
* Girl hurt by customer.

In addition to the events from v1, several suggestions were made for possible new random events.
* Girl falls in love, perhaps with a customer, and wants to quit.
* Noble steals girl.
* Yakuza kidnap girl.
* IRS comes knocking.
* Lesbian orgy.
* Sleazy bar owner offers to teach all girls in one building to be more charismatic for a price.
* Young daughter of the king escapes the palace and seeks refuge. {Well, I’d certainly never think to look for a princess in a whorehouse, would you, Zelda?}
* Traveling mage sells you a potion to make girls obey.
* Royalty, merchants, soldiers, etc try to impress clients, investors, whatever by taking them to your establishment.
* Tentacle monster attacks building.
* Huge demon appears and demands sacrifice.

COMPETITION:
5 recommended adding an element of competition by including rival brothels that you must eliminate or suppress to the point of not being a threat by improving your facilities and the appearance and skill of your girls and adjusting your prices. Two went a step further and suggested that each new building you purchase is in fact another brothel that you bought out, with other girls later in the game being somewhat leveled up because they were working there. One area where opinions differed though was in the staff of these rival brothels. One person felt that you and your rivals should all draw from the same pool of girls, with the possibility of a rival snatching up a girl from the regular list or slave market that you’d been saving up for. Another wanted an entirely different pool of girls for these rivals, including an AI controlled brothel owner (similar to your main character) who could only be acquired by running your competitors completely out of business.
3 noted that whether you have rivals or not, there are enough random events that hurt your girls or damage your buildings to warrant hiring protection.

TAKE A WALK:
Everyone who suggested anything about this did so from the Slave Maker perspective of it being the individual girls taking walks, rather than it being the main character instead.
3 recommended that there should be certain girls who can only be attained by taking a walk and only by other girls from the same source, i.e. Zelda goes for a walk and meets Malon.
2 suggested that access to certain areas should be restricted depending on what buildings you own (“I can't see Palace guards letting a madam from the slums in to see the local Lord, but maybe if you had your own Palace”). One also added that girls with certain themes should only be attainable in certain areas, with examples cited including the Slums (Nymphomaniac), Forest (Cat Girl), Gym/Dojo (Tough) and Palace (Noble).
1 offered that the girl could play with children in the street, gaining Happiness, Constitution and Reputation.
1 pointed out that girls could get hurt too and be out of work for a period of time.
1 put far more thought and effort into it than anyone else and suggested keeping it simple, with a maximum of four locations and between three and seven possible encounters in each. Examples provided were:
* Slave Market: Rare girl appears for sale, Girl is raped, Girl is mistakenly put up for sale, Girl is approached by a patron, Girl talks to other slaves.
* Park: Tentacle attack, Girl watches the sunset or feeds the ducks etc, Girl is raped (again), Girl finds random object.
* Bar or Strip Bar: Girl gives lapdance, Girl gets on the stage and dances, Girl is approached by customer.
* Shopping District: Meet a street corner prostitute, Girl buys an item, Girl is approached by customer, Girl finds an item, Girl buys an item useful toward job (lingerie, collar, sex toys etc).

Last edited by alasdair69 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total

alasdair69

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Part Eight

Post by alasdair69 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:52 am

GAME MECHANICS:
3 pointed out that it would be beneficial to have some sort of info, tutorial or help on how to play.
3 wanted the game to have background music, preferably different tracks, with an option to switch it on or off.
2 recommended graying out buttons with no further function, such as the ‘Buy Girls’ button once you’ve bought them all.
2 asked for some kind of achievement screen.
1 requested short movies at the end of the game, different for each ending.
1 suggested showing what the various themes do, either by mousing over them or in a separate window.
1 noted that special traits such as Chii’s lowering Obedience should be listed somewhere once you own the girl.
1 felt that the warning that displays when you save should also be displayed when you load.
1 advised that the game suggest you save at the end of each day before moving on to the next.
1 advocated locking some of a girl’s pictures until she reached a certain rank.
1 wished that each girl’s character screen included everything pertaining to her or that you could do with her, including maintenance, costs, school, where she works, etc.
1 would like to see something “in the big white screen before the hentai”, perhaps a picture of your main building that changes as you add upgrades.
1 had the idea of a weekly report so they could see which girls refused to work more often, which buildings caught on fire, etc.
1 thought there should be an automatic ‘back to work’ function so that any girls who get sick or hurt and have to take time off will return to their original building at the expiration of that time.

MISCELLANEOUS:
6 wanted the ability to add your own girls to the game. One suggested making a girl creator/editor program that would unlock after hard mode is beaten as a way to reward people so they can customize their game with their favorite anime characters or add new pictures and more detailed information to those already in the game.
6 would like to bring back the weekly Jokers, perhaps renamed Wildcards.
2 asked for info and characterization of some or all of the customers.
1 recommended having to bribe city officials or pay property tax.
1 offered that only girls you’ve bought show up in the gallery, requiring multiple playthroughs to get them all.
1 observed that since you’ll probably end up with more money than you need it should be saved and used to unlock pics in the gallery.
1 requested holidays/festivals be incorporated into the game.
1 thought there should be a bonus of some sort for keeping a girl as building leader for a longer amount of time, since if you’re switching leaders all the time your building efficiency should drop.
1 preferred a set goal to a strict time limit, pointing out that there are usually ways of delaying a set goal for those who wish to play longer and a ‘high score’ could be kept for those who wanted to see how fast they could achieve it.
1 pointed out that you can’t turn in your last Joker since the mission completes at day 300, so there should be a reward of some kind (perhaps carrying over two Joker girls to your next game) for perfect Joker completion.
1 felt that the timescale should be in months instead of days and much more focus should be placed on developing the girls. “For example, instead of just pouring XP into the refinement stat, I think that should only be able to be increased through some sort of education. Perhaps you could even enroll them at the university, and lose them for a few months, but when they return there will be a significantly greater benefit.”
1 disagreed with the monthly idea as a whole but still felt it would be nice to be able to shift to a longer-range timescale for brief periods. “Maybe I'm sitting fat, dumb, and happy. One day into my mission I've already accomplished it, I have plenty of money, and now it's just click ... click ... click for 29 more days. Why? This is where Sim Brothel actually gets boring, so give me the ability to make some longer-range plans for each of my girls and then fast-forward a week.”
1 suggested that Haruhi have a small random chance to kidnap another girl to work for you, sort of like Yuffie’s random chance to steal money for you. {As difficult or even impossible as this might be to implement, if you’ve ever watched the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya it’s utterly brilliant and absolutely hilarious.}

SUMMARY:
So there you have it, all 431 suggestions that I have listed here. I’m pretty sure I’ve missed a few here and there as there are some things I can remember seeing suggested that aren’t on this list, but all in all it’s fairly comprehensive. One thing that I think deserves special notice though is how so many people wanted the same things. In fact, approximately 23% of all complaints and suggestions made, or about one out of every four, kept reiterating the same twelve things over and over:

4% requested sandbox mode or some form of unlimited play.
2.8% complained that you only get pics of leaders at end of day.
2.6% requested that building upgrades be brought back.
2.3% requested that equipment for girls be brought back and more variety added.
2.3% requested that stat increases, etc of each girl in house be shown at end of day.
1.4% requested that weekly Jokers be brought back.
1.4% requested the ability to add your own girls.
1.2% complained that even girls with high Obedience and Sex refuse to work too often.
1.2% suggested giving every girl one unique skill that has a major affect.
1.2% requested the ability to sort girls by rank, themes and stats on the manage screen.
1.2% requested that random events be brought back and expanded upon.
1.2% suggested the addition of rival brothels you would then have to compete with.

Everything else came in as an ‘also ran’ with less than 1% of the total. Which is not to say that there weren’t some really good suggestions there, of course, just that the people who raised their voices seemed to have a lot of the same things in mind.

Anyway, feel free to debate it, debunk it or dismiss it. As for me, I’m going to go overmedicate myself and slip into a nice, warm coma.

alasdair69

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestion Collection

Post by Raed on Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:12 am

God damn, you really posted it. I'll look over this list by tomorrow.
Raed

View user profile http://simbro.phpbb3now.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud on Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:03 am

O.o

Wow. I thought me and my friends were OCD. You take the cake, my friend. You put a lot of work into this. Good job!
Cloud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alasdair69 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:42 pm

Cloud wrote:O.o

Wow. I thought me and my friends were OCD. You take the cake, my friend. You put a lot of work into this. Good job!

Mmmmmmmm, cake!

Seriously though, if you liked that all I can say is ... you ain't seen nothin' yet.

alasdair69

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blastburn on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:40 pm

XD somehow i believe you on that...
Blastburn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrB on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:49 pm

That's quite a list. Great job!

There are some great suggestions in there. I would love to know what the dev team wants to include in the game (and what it is considering including), to have a broad idea of where the game design is going to.

MrB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top