What Does SimBrothel Need?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What Does SimBrothel Need?

Post by MrB on Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:58 pm

Hi there!

I just wanted to respond to talthorn's excellent post above. I wholeheartedly agree with talthorn on this one.
There are too many H-"games" out there that are little more than clickfests and slideshows. Sim Brothel is one of the very few that's actually a real game with real depth and I'd very much like to see that depth retained in version 2.

Apart from pure gameplay reasons, I think the depth of the original also added very much to the feel of the game. At every turn, the original made you feel you were hiring/buying (somewhat) real characters. First of all the characters had more stats, which could reflect their personalities (and source material) better. Then they had abilities which could be customized/bought with AP. Then you could send them off to school to train too. And lastly, after every day, every girl had her own report, showing her activities and progress for that day.
In short, apart from the gameplay, the girls in the original had some depth to them too and because of this each of them really felt unique.

The current build of version 2 lacks a lot of that feel. Having less stats makes the girls more generic. Not having specific reports for every girl, but instead grouping them together in houses makes them more generic. Then, having less options for every girl, like customization through AP, makes them more generic too.

I guess it's a bit of a quality over quantity thing. I'd rather direct a few girls that have more depth and feel unique than a lot of girls that feel generic.

So if, possible, I'd like to vote for increasing the number of stats and reïntroducing special abilities/ an AP system. Also, like has been suggested a lot, having the option to turn on a daily report + images for every girl (instead of just one per house) would be good too. Both for gameplay reasons as for the feel, I think this would greatly add to the fun and the replayability of the game.

(And this would also be effective for bringing the girls to life (in addition to trying to write a background story for them), in my opinion at least.)

And lastly, as newcomer, I'd like to use this post to thank the dev team for all their work. Sim Brothel deserves a sequel and it's great to see people putting so much effort into it.

MrB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What Does SimBrothel Need?

Post by Luckygrim on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:03 am

What about this. In order to help manage high end money excesses, the developers put in a random events based on what house it effects.
For instance, a shack random event might be something like a fishing boat just put in, the crew's been given shore time, and if you pay a small amount of money to buy more liquor they'll be more likely to visit your shack than other low income brothels. At low levels these events can be mostly little expense with a lot of gain.
When you reach places like the central palace however, a random event could be that the son of an extremely wealthy family (royalty? I don't know the world story) has decided to bring some freinds and have a party at the palace. You only get a lump some of money for the party, take an additional expense for all the wine and food they imbibe, and take a large hit to the buildings health. Maybe an added bonus to this would be more bang for your buck with advertising for the week after.
Little things like this, each one aimed specifically at a house and having a cost/reward problem inherent in them could be an effective end game money sink
Luckygrim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum