Thoughts on a sister game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thoughts on a sister game?

Post by emcioran on Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:27 am

Hey everyone,

Whats everyone's thoughts on a sister game? I mean, a similar style game to SB2 but large differences in mechanics and girls? I love the devs work here and everything but things have seemingly slowed to a crawl in development and some new life might get the excitement up. Before I even found this board I was working on a similar style fan remake and it was about 50% completed. I don't want to steal anyone's thunder but I thought having 2 games in development would allow us to enjoy each other's work and give the fans of the genre more to be excited about.

Since the recent slow down of activity I started playing around with it again and development has been pretty fast. At the rate I am progressing a full release could easily be out by Christmas. Anyways, I am not the type to murder a community so if this work is unwelcome then I will move along without further issue.

If everyone is interested is there any way I could have a spare board on this site to post releases and updates?

Again, I'm really not trying to step on anyone. I am just another fan of the original and small time developer that wants to share his creation with the world. I mainly want to know the core devs thoughts on the matter but I suppose anyone can chime in. I really don't want to polarize the community or anything so feel free to give me your honest opinions!

Thanks!
EM

emcioran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on a sister game?

Post by ShiningRadiance on Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:57 am

There's already a game like this one. Whore Master. We don't need 50 of the same game floating around with slight differences in style. If you want to make one, do so, but we don't need to be a part of it.
ShiningRadiance
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by emcioran on Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:56 am

Wow dude, relax. No need to get all passive aggressive. Not like any of us are going to make any money off them or anything.

Thanks for letting me know about the other game though. I'll have to give it a try. Have a good one!

emcioran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShiningRadiance on Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:47 am

I'm sorry if I appeared to be passive-aggressive. And I'm not a dude.
ShiningRadiance
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sojirou on Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:34 pm

how would one define a sister game? Sim Brothel v.2 is a good game, but it could be better on so many different ways. Even as it is, it's not complete and needs some things skimmed from it to add more things to it until the game turns into what we're all looking for. (Though I know from previous comments that all those things can't be placed in one version)

In the end, what has to happen is for someone to say "Ok, We've done all we can to this one, time to make the next, better sim brothel"
Sojirou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua2000 on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:24 pm

personally id be happy if some one picked up on the flash version (for the mac people, and stuff) or hentai high, since they both are gathering virtual dust as far as i know.
Joshua2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sojirou on Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:38 am

That would be nice, wouldn't it?
Sojirou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pillowpants on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:16 am

I was working on my own SimBrothel inspired prototype a few months back. I was using C++ as my development language and I was working almost exclusively on the statistic and development system with no graphical front-end. My eventual goal was to develop a front-end to the game using something like OpenGL; however, I wanted to make sure I had the game very balanced and enjoyable first.

I felt like I bit off a bit too much to chew and eventually scrapped the project. I'm always interested in helping out or working alongside someone developing a similar game. I have experience in quite a few programming languages and libraries. I can also draw concept art and have some rudimentary modelling skills in 3DS max.

pillowpants

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by riddlebox1321 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:53 am

pillowpants wrote:I was working on my own SimBrothel inspired prototype a few months back. I was using C++ as my development language and I was working almost exclusively on the statistic and development system with no graphical front-end. My eventual goal was to develop a front-end to the game using something like OpenGL; however, I wanted to make sure I had the game very balanced and enjoyable first.

I felt like I bit off a bit too much to chew and eventually scrapped the project. I'm always interested in helping out or working alongside someone developing a similar game. I have experience in quite a few programming languages and libraries. I can also draw concept art and have some rudimentary modelling skills in 3DS max.

Can we keep him/her?
riddlebox1321

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:37 pm

riddlebox check the date of the post if they are before x/09/2011 they are probably old "dead" post so it useless answer to them
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum