Finishing Missions Early

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finishing Missions Early

Post by conorwf on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:11 am

with the current setup, you can only ever finish 10 missions in a game, and many of them can be finished well before of the 30 days given. I think there should be no time requirement on the missions (since we allready have a 300 day marker with no way of extending further). That way, when the 300 days are up, you can gauge how well that person did more accuratly.

the only problem I see with this is is that many of the missions are relativly simple to fulfil, and we may run out of Girls to reward.
conorwf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Finishing Missions Early

Post by Teske on Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:30 pm

While that does sound like a simple solution, there is a reason that the missions are timed. While you may reach the mission outlines on time, there might be something that causes you to fail the mission before the deadline is reached. For example, have x amount of girls with y Obedience, and you manage to do it, with 2 days left. However, one of those girls is Chii, and after two days her Obedience goes down naturally, and it costs you the mission. There are so many factors that can cause the mission to be failed, which adds that little bit of challenge. You made it to the mission criteria, now let's see if you can stay up there. Will you sell a girl by mistake? Will she run away? Only time will tell.

Teske

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by conorwf on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:12 pm

there are, at best, five girls whose traits change independantly. I also cannot say that I have ever sold a girl accidently, or had one run away.

I see what your saying, and this where my mindset is. In order to get to that next mission, that next stepping stone, you have to be able to keep what it was you had.
conorwf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teske on Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:23 pm

Well, you 'have' to be able, but there are variables in life, so why not in game. Something could always happen before you're able to win, good or bad. Sometimes, deadlines are put for a reason and, even if you're finished early, you need to have patience when turning it in.

Teske

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by conorwf on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:27 pm

Teske wrote:Well, you 'have' to be able, but there are variables in life, so why not in game. Something could always happen before you're able to win, good or bad. Sometimes, deadlines are put for a reason and, even if you're finished early, you need to have patience when turning it in.

and sometimes there aren't. whats your point? and in real life, if you should finish early, your supervisor/teacher/whoever, will give you another task to fulfill.

there are variables in life of course, but i'm certain that this would be a better way of expressing them. as it is, the game is a very static thing. there are 42 jokers that you will get, 10 missions to complete, etc etc. by making it possible to finish a mission early, you have thus inputted an extra variable.
conorwf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teske on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:00 am

I might have been rather vague with my explanations, but I can explain this a little better. True, you give a better image of yourself through finishing work too early, but you might end up getting too much too fast if you get overconfident.

Say you managed to get the second house by the 15th day, and you go ahead and complete the mission. When you complete it, you find that your next mission is to have 6 girls, all with 80 or more constitution. You only had two girls at the start, and neither have the tough trait or that much constitution. True, the missions can be random and the next one could be just as easy as the first one, but it's also true that having time to improve your places and your girls is just as important.

Teske

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by conorwf on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:54 am

Teske wrote:I might have been rather vague with my explanations, but I can explain this a little better. True, you give a better image of yourself through finishing work too early, but you might end up getting too much too fast if you get overconfident.

Say you managed to get the second house by the 15th day, and you go ahead and complete the mission. When you complete it, you find that your next mission is to have 6 girls, all with 80 or more constitution. You only had two girls at the start, and neither have the tough trait or that much constitution. True, the missions can be random and the next one could be just as easy as the first one, but it's also true that having time to improve your places and your girls is just as important.

true, however I think having that possibility would encourage players to have a more well-rounded approach, rather than going straight for their immediate goal (if they do, they will quickly find themselves incapable of doing the next). people failing their objectives is fine, as long as they are able to acknowledge its their fault, and not the games (I.E. an objective that could never be done in 30 days)

I dont remember if I mentioned it or not, but my other thought was to remove the deadline of missions entirely. there is still a loss in this, that if you do not finish the goals quickly, the rewards have less use (in that you inherently have fewer available days to take advantage of whatever you won)
conorwf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top