SimBro_Release_v2.1.4_100131_TEST

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SimBro_Release_v2.1.4_100131_TEST

Post by Loup Garou on Sat May 22, 2010 12:51 am

Uh... you are very wrong.... the project is definitely in motion. We are actually working on SimBrot 3.... I have no idea when the beta will be up and running, but Alasdair is heading the group and there at least 5 other people contributing to the program (I am one of the girl contributors and [as soon as I get list] one of the graphics compilers/editors.)
Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 22, 2010 6:08 am

Loup Garou wrote:Uh... you are very wrong.... the project is definitely in motion. We are actually working on SimBrot 3.... I have no idea when the beta will be up and running, but Alasdair is heading the group and there at least 5 other people contributing to the program (I am one of the girl contributors and [as soon as I get list] one of the graphics compilers/editors.)

Sim Brothel 3!!!! Are you for real? Thats great news, I image that it's still very early in development but is there anything you can tell us about the next version?

Will they include a functioning "Talk a Walk" Button? Adjust the windows so that no stats gets cut off in some of the menus? Will the health gauge work or be done away with? Will the girls start using "items" as implied by one of the non functioning buttons?

Or anything else that that you can tell us, no matter how slight, that would merit a new version?

Back to top Go down

Post by Loup Garou on Sat May 22, 2010 6:31 am

Read the information on this page... it has the new character development set up and a lot of the existing characteristics of the different facets of the chars.

http://sim-brothel-v2.bigforumpro.com/suggestions-f6/girl-requests-updated-system-t313.htm

The take a walk part is definitely closing in on full development (well... there will still need to be a number of story lines created, but..) and there will be a NUMBER of new aspects... and a few which will take the game structure back to where the original game was going (bars, performance stage, guards... that kind of stuff.)

Items is also being worked on. Health is still part of game, with some new twists. There are 2 new stats (morale and refinement).

There is no date for the beta release, but it is being worked on.
Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anime69 on Sat May 22, 2010 9:52 am

sweet

anime69

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Project_Demise on Sat May 22, 2010 10:18 am

Color me excited. I hope some of my girl/skill requests get in! But even if they don't...sweeeeeeeeeet!

Project_Demise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loup Garou on Sat May 22, 2010 10:48 am

Note: For all wishing to suggest new girls, please use the page listed above for reference. It will give you breakdown of all the aspects of the character and there is a list of the titles one uses for each area. There is also a list of all the terms one should use when describing a char's stats (the actual numbers a char has at beginning of game will be a random, not a set number -- not 1-100, but random within given range as described by term [e.g. Average = 41-60])
Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Geist on Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:12 am

Hey guys. n00b here. Love the game, yadda yadda.

I don't know if this has already been brought up, but I bought Xianghua and when I hit next day, a pic of Maka from Soul Eater showed up in the brothel pic.
EDIT: And I just saw one of Ashe, too.

Also, is the term 'Obedience malus' a typo?

Wolf_Geist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loup Garou on Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:26 am

Obedience malus is... the opposite of bonus. If you put that char in charge of a house, you will have obedience problems.
Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Geist on Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:35 am

Loup Garou wrote:Obedience malus is... the opposite of bonus. If you put that char in charge of a house, you will have obedience problems.

Ok, I just have never heard of the word 'malus' before. I thought it might be a typo for minus.

EDIT: I read earlier about the MISSION-END style and figured out what you do. I was given a mission to have the Exotic style, but it showed up in the joker menu as MISSION-END. My guess is that you just do your best to remember what mission you got and stick to that (i.e. house w/noble, rank up girl, etc.).

Wolf_Geist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loup Garou on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:25 am

malus... latin... evil actions... the legal phrase malus aforethought means to plan an evil action ahead of time... not just do the crime as you stumble upon the situation.

as to missions, they are shown on the joker menu, so you can go and check on it. Sometimes you will get missions that are impossible (rarely, but...). It is always a good idea to save the game on the 29th day (or 59th or 89th... the day before a multiple of 30 comes up). If you save then... you can check out your next joker quest and, if it is something you don't think you can do, re-load the game.
Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Geist on Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:55 am

Ahhh... I guess I need to clarify what I mean more.

I was given the mission "Have one house with the exotic style" after I completed another mission. When I looked in the joker menu, the mission stated "Have one house with the MISSION-END style". So what I did is I kept on playing until the final day (59 I believe), set one house to exotic, and saved my game. Then I clicked "New Day" and after all of that, I got a mission completed message. So I assume that all you have to do is remember what mission you were given, and that it is just a scripting error (or some other coding term, this isn't my area of expertise) when the MISSION-END thing shows up.

And as for malus, I suppose that's where we get the word malice from.

Also, since I can't find it in the forums and am new here, could you explain why furry is prohibited?

Wolf_Geist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loup Garou on Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:02 am

OH.... that... that is a snafu... It came up before, but it was so long ago, I forgot. They are aware of that problem.

As to Malice... and Malus... uh... I think I got my English and Latin mixed up... it is Malice aforethought... but the origin of the term Malice is the Latin malus (I had to make sure I was not having an dyslexia attack and malus was not just a misspelling of malice. Merriam Webster's dictionary states the origin of Malice as: "Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin malitia,
from malus bad").

Furries... well.. the game developers are making a game which will work best with the largest possible group, so they are avoiding the extremes of fetishes. There is no sado-masochism, bondage and discipline, bestiality, etc (they have even shot down lactation... fascination with breast milk... I had a few chars who had multiple pics of them "producing" milk... those pics were shot down, but I had enough non-milks that the girls made it). Sure the collection of women is not purely human... there are some androids... some demons... some aliens.. and there are some chars in development who are... for lack of a better term... human beings which do not exactly fit into the ape family. They are humans with a few added benefits (I added a few of the characters from Let's Meow Meow and the developers found them fully acceptable). But those are as close to furry as you are going to get in the game.
Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Geist on Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:31 pm

As a furry I find that entirely hypocritical. Very few people realize how many furries there actually are in the world. If there is enough to have a Con in Atlanta, then that is a large audience.

Not all are blatantly furry, either. Yes, there are some who go to the extreme like fursuiters and people who undergo cosmetic surgery and tattoos, but there are some, like me, who just think that things like werewolf girls are sexy. C'mon, everybody is furry for Liru.

Then there are the people, again like me, who tend to focus their artwork on furries. I most often draw wolves (http://www.furaffinity.net/user/spiritstudios/), because I see a beauty in them that is only surpassed by the girl of my dreams, whom I have actually met (SCORE). If you've heard of FA, then you know how many are really out there, and just how much having furries in the game would boost its popularity (while, admittedly, turning some ppl away).

Wolf_Geist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fightback on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:54 am

I think you are missing a point here.

What Loup Garou is saying is what has been going on this project from the start. The Devs don't want to alienate anyone or show preference to any kind of fetishes. So they keep it neutral. Sure there are a few girls that could qualify as something, but they try to keep the vast majority plain and simple.

Also, if we were going by population numbers, there are more gays than furries... so... ya... not going there...

Fightback

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loup Garou on Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:39 am

Always remember and never forget.... you can please some of the people a lot of the time... a lot of people some of the time... but there is no way in hell to please all the people all the time.

To put it more simply. Shit happens. The world is in imperfect place. People feel left behind all the time.
Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kezhael on Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:40 am

I apologize for not posting this in a more appropriate section, however this is the most recently active that someone seems knowledgeable in.

Is this project still in development? I read somewhere that this was essentially scrapped and there was a Sim Brothel 3 being worked on, with this one to be left as is. Is there any truth to that?

The first Sim Brothel game was extremely fun and quite addicting. I've found the 2.1.4 test version of Sim Brothel 2 to be similarly fun and addicting. I'm interested in the fate of this game and any further games to follow.

Regards,
Kez

Kezhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loup Garou on Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:13 am

There are several projects going on at once. One of the main developers, Alasdair69, is kinda away from development of the java version of the game right now for a serious reason. His system crashed because of one of the more current and destructive viruses. He said he would be back when he can, but...

Fred u derF has made some advancements in the HaXe development.

So there are a lot of work going on with it at the same time.
Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laideron on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:55 pm

Um, I've played this version and 2.1.3. Although this is far superior in some ways, there are a few design flaws... I just thought I'd give some feedback.

- In the "Brothels" screen it would be useful if you could see the girls' obedience as well.
- The girl selection menus in the "Brothels" and "Management" screen are far too short, the scrolling is tiring.
- It would be nice to have a "repair all" button in the Brothels screen, I believe it has already been mentioned somewhere in the forum
- It would also be nice to have a "remove all" button in the Management screen, which you could use to kick all the girls out at once
- I'm not sure, but I think the Golden Pass for the slave market joker doesn't work?
- In the Your girls menu, would be nice if the "working at" dropdown menu would still be there, but I suppose it was removed for technical reasons

Then a little nitpicking... the font would be better off if it were a bit more .. neutral.

I hope I don't sound like I'm complaining, because I'm certainly not, I've had tremendous fun with this game.

Laideron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loup Garou on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Don't worry about it, Laideron. The designers are always open to feedback.
Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gogomtgo on Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:05 pm

uhhh
when i play this game i always think
infinite mode(yeap... remove day limited )
anyway Thanks

and i'm sorry about my bad eng ;t ;

gogomtgo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Updated version installation query

Post by thelittledeadgirl on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:04 am

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum but since my Mate and I both play Simbrothel2 obsessively I thought I'd sign up and offer contributions wherever I can. As already mentioned, I absolutely adore this game and not just for the H pictures but also for the highly addictive business sim aspect. I really appreciate the time and effort involved in making this game and would like to thank all the members of the development team for creating it.

That said, I have a few comments and a question so I'll get right down to it.

Comment 1: Interestingly enough, if I buy a girl and assign her to the shack, save, restart, load my save and reload again, I can sell the new girl (who will not actually be placable in the brothel) an infinite number of times by clicking her name in the manaagement window to bring up herinfo screen and hitting 'sell'. This doesn't work with skuld, urd or belldandy because they are the starter girls. I found this glitch with Robin and, while I'm not opposed to free money cheats, I figured I should probably fess up and bring the glitch to your attention. In the mean time, I have figured out how to fix it if your game does this; you simply need to find the girl for sale, purchase her and assign her to another brothel. Then her doppleganger will dissappear and you can play as normal.

Comment 2: Does the game NEED Chihiro? I find her graphics repellant and never, ever, buy her. I guess that's just me though.

Comment 3: I can't help but notice some of the pictures suffer from that horrible STD, the dreaded genital blur/mosaic. I'm pretty good at using paint to reconstruct images that have been blurred so I just thought I'd offer my services. It just seems funny to me to have censorship in a brothel game.

Comment 4: Whoever decided to include Peach and Zelda and Misty from Pokemon, you have my eternal gratitude. Some deep seated childhood frustrations have been exorcised simply by giving me the ability to whore these 3 out. "Thank you for helping us....but our princess is in another castle" yeah, yeah she is, I put her there and now she's earning me some compensation for all the times I've rescued her!!!!!

Question: And now the query, I check this board regularly for new releases and I keep uninstalling the old version and installing the newer one. My Mate says I should just install the new release overtop of the old one to compensate for any removed pictures or missing files. This, to me, seems silly as I'm sure the new release contains all the files the last release did plus a few improvements. I figured I'd ask the experts so... yeah, am I missing anything by deleting the older version instead of overwriting it?

Once again thank you so much for all your hard work on this game, I'm sorry to ramble so much and promise my subsequent posts will be much more concise and to the point.
thelittledeadgirl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loup Garou on Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:23 am

So you understand the variations in pic quality.... we are not drawing this stuff. We are surfing the net and getting pics from game collections. Some of the girls we can only find pics of with the dreaded Japanese blurred genitalia (which confuses the hell out of me... they create this stuff... but they are too embarrassed by the nudity, so they hide the "bad" stuff. They should either get over it or add an on/off switch)...
Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blademaster10 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:27 am

ya i 'm new to the forum but i've played this game alot but for some reason i can't get this version of it to work everytime i click it. it gives me an error message saying it can't find the correct version of runtime for this program is that something to do with microsoft .net framework?

blademaster10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hard Wire on Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:38 am

I am getting the same on my laptop. I have Windows 7 running if that helps. Any ideas on how to fix it.

Hard Wire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hard Wire on Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:35 pm

Never mind, the files did not unzip correctly. Once I had all the files the game ran correctly. I do like the game better the V1.

Hard Wire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum