Comprehensive List of Bugs/Issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Comprehensive List of Bugs/Issues

Post by Wiegraf86 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:26 am

I'm going to start off by apologizing as this list is LONG and may include some that are very obvious/have already been posted.

This is a comprehensive list of all the bugs or issues with balance that I've found and that some other people have mentioned that I've tested and confirmed.

Test Version: SimBro_Release_v2.1.4_100131_TEST

Issues with Balance:
Chii towards the later end of the game is a difficult character to make viable.
I think either 1 of two things should happen with her to make her a little more balanced.
1) Make her decrease in obedience periodic VS constant <-- Best option
or
2) Make a style increase obedience further than 1 (maybe 2 to keep it a difficult stat to raise)
Drugs seem like to risky an option to make her a viable character to buy. And even with using a char with "enhance building style" you are still only gaining 1 obedience AND you do not gain other important stats, it's way to much of a punishment to make her worth while. (unless you're a completionist or actually want to see her pictures.)

Exotic style is useless compared to Cat Girl style, and equally difficult to obtain.
I think a few things could help in any combination or singularly
1) Bump up final charisma gain from exotic style to 3 from 2 (makes the bonus from enhanced style much greater for it.
2) Bump up reputation to 3-4 from 1 (makes it a rep style vs a charisma style)
3) Add a sex up gain (exotic women are sexy which kind of translates in this sense)
or
4) Add a steals money from clients (similar to Yuffie, but done in 1 mass steal at the end of the day)

Wiegraf86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Comprehensive List of Bugs/Issues

Bugs/Typos:
When moving girls to a location there is a space missing in the line of code causing it to read “do you want to moveCharacter here (from another building)?”

Kurenai has an upside down picture

Xianghua has a sex picture of Maka

When you have a mission to complete Bleach or Obedience (so far to come up others may also be affected) style it comes up as Mission End –Style-

Certain missions will be too long for the text box and will not show the time left to complete without scrolling down (accidentally found that out)

Mission: You must rank up 787 girl(s) or more.
Should read: You must rank up your girls 787 or more times. (Is impossible because it would require 113 girls, but this was a mission I got at day 300 so not surprising)
1) A single suggestion I could make for this achievement though is to take into account a few factors I.E. a forumla that does something like this:
Rank up X times where X = [A(Number of girls currently owned) * B(number corralating to mission difficulty i.e. a first mission B = 1, second mission B = 1, 3rd mission B = 2, etc... to account for obtaining more girls)] + [C(Rank expected at mission difficulty) - A(to account for level 1 already being obtained)]
Or something to that effect.
2) Easier solution is to just manually add a certian amount of rank ups expected at a specific mission (this could be problematic for casual players and ridiculously easy for more experienced players)

I know it's already listed but the fact that you can keep stats through games by simply pressing new game in the menu is still a pretty interesting thing I might keep an old version incase I want to just see all the picture by played a rigged game lol
Other option to fixing this is add a gallery at the end of the game or allowing an unlimited game after beating it.

Wiegraf86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

When Nadia is being purchased or when you look at "Your Girls" section, it does not say "enhances "building" styles," but rather "enhances Final Fantasy Styles"

MAY want to change name from "Cat Girl" to "Animal Girl" to make it slightly more universal to the characters (Fran is actually a Viera which is more thought of as a rabbit/bunny girl), but not necessarily.

Marcia has Lyndis' description instead of Peg knight from Fire Emblem, also her picture on her joker card is not of her character. I can easily obtain an H or Non-H picture of her if you request it. (The Picture is from another character in Fire Emblem named Wendy. For more details see a wikia of Fire Emblem: Fuin no Tsurugi.) There is also 1 Sex Picture specifically which is very obviously of Wendy when she's leaning against a tree (Up to you to change it if you want IMO not that important considering how close they look alike, but the joker picture is definitely more obvious.)

Goddess Style does not add customers when a building is capped on customers (Central Palace has a cap of 225 customers Goddess does NOT boost it to 265). Also noticed that even with goddess style sometimes you still receive less than 40 customers so there may be some other underlying bug of the style not working at all. This was tested by having 75 girls in Central Palace with 100 all stats, rep, and health with and without goddess style.

May want to add a description to "Use leader power" that mentions that leader powers are temporary as it can be quite confusing to a first time player. I.E. For Sakura "Enhances Building Styles today" or Aim for Quality's "Next day the girls will try to make sure the customers enjoy their stay, but may not be able to see as many customers. (Reputation Bonus, Constitution Malus)"

Chii has a typo in her description reading "Chii is a robot from Chobits.;"

Luca's description is too long and gets cut off.

Hikari's description is "Hikari is a girl from Fate/Stay night." should read "Hikiari is a girl from Pokemon."

Kushana has Naussica's mini-portrait. If you need a mini-portrait please ask and I'll PM one, but I have a feeling you have one it was just accidentally miss linked.

Christie from Dead or Alive has a Mini-Portrait that I think is mistaken or miss linked. I have a mini-portrait if needed.

Rinoa's Mini-Portrait is difficult to match, I would suggest using another one, but not necessary. I have one if needed.

Last edited by Wiegraf86 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:10 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : added how goddess was tested)

Wiegraf86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiegraf86 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:28 am

I also noticed that I haven't been randomly failing missions, not sure if that was fixed in this version or not. Either way I did get Max Rank and every joker I think was possible.

To wrap it up, I would like to thank the authors of this game.

You guys are ridiculously awesome and I can't believe how much I want to see you guys succeed with this game. This is just so much fun to play that even my Fiance is playing it and she's loving it.

I hope Karel get's well soon, and I hope to enjoy testing many future versions.

If you need help with Maintaining any lists or any other clerical work I am more than Happy to oblige. Also any portraits I can give you may need to be resized but they are in .png format.

Last edited by Wiegraf86 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:11 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : oops sorry karel for name typo hehe)

Wiegraf86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loup Garou on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:07 pm

First..... there is a way to deal with Chii. There are girls with the management skill of "Enhance style effects" (Talim and Nadia come to mind). You have them manage a house with Obedience as the style and you are up to 2 points Obd/day. Of course, it is still impossible to get Chii to 100... 99 is her max.

I think exotic has more girls than cat, but I never counted... Oddly enough, I have never actually counted them because I tend to use other styles.

The statement about ranking up 787 girls is a little grammatically.... incorrect... But the correction of the grammar is really the only thing that needs to be done. Those ranks made are ranks from the beginning of the game to the date given for the end of the goal. NOT just the 30 days from last task.

I think Cat Girl is properly used.

The Goddess style problem has been there for a WHILE. It is just not high on the list of things to fix... 8-)

I made the mini-pics... Kushana is Naussica? I will check that out. Oh, yeah... I always thought I had screwed that one up.... And Christie is wrong? If you have head shots to post for them, 1) use png shots (oo... just saw at end of note that you have pngs... 8-)... ), and 2) make them 80X80's. Or... if you don't wanna make the head shots, pm me a copy of the pictures (especially if you have a Kushana shot) and I will make the head shots.

There is a failable mission... you may asked to get 115 girls, and there are only... 103 girls + jokers, and even if the 115 was for last mission, you will have 113 girls. But they know about that.

I am only a contributing player, but I thank you for your notes. I am sure the designers appreciate it as well.
Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiegraf86 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:35 pm

Loup I will definitely PM you those pics if I can figure out a way to do so, and yes I have Mini Portraits of all of the girls I mentioned seemed incorrect or difficult to match.

Kushana, Christie, and Rinoa (her's is just hard to match but basically accurate)

I figured some of the things were just not on the list of things to fix, but I also noticed that some of the things on the last list posted had already been fixed. These are just my notes as to what I've noticed.

For Chii, I did describe how obtaining/maintaining obedience is possible. I am actually stating only that it is more of a struggle to maintain her than buying another character and boosting them up instead. She has only negative effects no positive aside from her management bonus which other chars have as well.

The Exotic thing is more an issue of balance than a bug as it is equally difficult to get Exotic and Cat girl therefore more beneficial to get cat girls instead of exotics, and Chii is a usuable, but not really balanced char. One thing may be to just differentiate more because if you look at both of them Cat girl basically is just a better version of exotic.

As for the Cat Girl to animal girl thing, that was just something of personal prefrence, not a bug. I just noticed that Fran isn't a cat, but also it leave an opening for interpretation vs cat girls is focused. Once again not a big deal nor a bug, just something that might have wanted to be considered.

EDIT:
Exotic Girls: 13
Cat Girls: 9
So there are more exotics by a decent amount, however those 9 cat girls make it very easy to obtain the cat girl level 4 style which easily destroys the exotic style. I just feel that if exotic was adjusted or bettered in some way it would make a worthwhile style aside from it's current use as a way to get charisma before getting Cat style.

Wiegraf86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiegraf86 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:42 pm

New Bug found posted in the releases section and tested and confirmed:

You can sell a building as many times as you want until you close the screen.

Wiegraf86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loup Garou on Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:09 am

I thought there were only 7 cats... wait... I rem now... it take so long to pick them all up. The one thing to know about cats is that there is ONE in the normal girl shop. Of the rest, you have to pay more for most (the price to shop in the slave district), or complete tasks. So they are harder to get a hold of.

The building bug is known.
Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiegraf86 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:08 am

Hehe Loup that is true that most are in slave market, however when I played on hard I aimed at Obediant first, by the time I got obedience up on my first money makers I had PLENTY of money for the slave market and the cat girls, I was easily able to get 7 of the 9 (2 are jokers) before I even got 5 exotic girls.

But you're right that is technically a deterrent, but the stats of the cat girl style make it far more desired than exotic and still as I said not that difficult to obtain.

Wiegraf86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loup Garou on Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:26 am

That is probably why I rarely play exotic. I work from the starting girl's strong points... (lolita for the easy girl, obedient with the normal start, and nympho with the hard start). I build my next houses with tough, and, if I can get it, cat girl. Then I start working to houses strong to build up different different stats (obedient house with a manager that has "enhance style effects", Cat girl to get the girls sex and charisma up quickly, Fire Emblem to get up a house's constitution).
Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jash on Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 am

Typos and details:
Ashe's descriptions says she's from "Final Fantisy XII"
Cornelia's description should say she's "a princess from Code Geass"
Deedlit's name is NEVER spelt with a "h" at the end.
Eirika's name is currently spelled "Erika" in her profile.
Farina's name is currently spelled "Farnia" in her profile.
Hikari is from Pokemon, NOT Fate/stay night
Kirshe's name is supposed to be spelled "Kirche".
Marcia has Lyndis' description.
It's more accurate to refer to Nagi's series as "Kannagi" as "Crazy Shrine Maidens" is the series' subtitle.
Serra's description says she's a pegasus knight; she's actually a cleric.
Seung Mina's description should call her a "fighter", not just a "character".
Same for Xianghua.

Overall: need a consistant description for some types of girls, especially schoolgirls.

Jash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loup Garou on Fri May 14, 2010 11:22 am

Ty.... a lot of the spelling problems have been noted elsewhere... and I am sure they will eventually be fixed (but it is not REALLY high on the fix list).

The other stuff... I don't rem those corrections being mentioned anywhere, so ty for picking up on those.
Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top