Districts instead of houses

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Districts instead of houses

Post by dudeneverbowls on Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:08 pm

Hey, just found the game yesterday. Its genius.

I was thinking that you might benefit more from having a district system instead of a bigger space. The only time I really used the old shack was when I really disliked the girl.

districts could mean that the customers like their hookers to have certain characteristics.

You could have a Bondage district that will require you to train and dress your girls in that style.

A schoolgirl/uniform district

cougar district (I read the suggestion on another topic)

or maybe a district likes oral and handjobs. etc etc.

dudeneverbowls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Districts instead of houses

Post by Vava on Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:43 pm

dudeneverbowls wrote:I was thinking that you might benefit more from having a district system instead of a bigger space.

Wouldn't a district technically just be the same thing as a building?
Vava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dudeneverbowls on Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:24 pm

The houses become redundant when you get a bigger space, with better quality of living. If the districts/areas that you house the girls in, have a predetermined set of wants and needs by the clients, you eliminate this waste.

plus it will reduce the clutter on the management tab.

...i think...

am I making any sense?

dudeneverbowls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by conorwf on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:18 am

My issue would be more the issue of scale than.

by owning districts, rather than individual houses, it soon turns into Sim City: Sexified.

as far as giving the districts different properties, I dont see how its any different than what we curently have with the Styles.
conorwf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Honag on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:31 pm

i like the idea of different districts, but it can be more useful, more like:

Name: * (some name, lets call it district 1)
Population: * (some number, maybe 100, a example: 100 population, 100 is the max of customers will come to your Brothel.)
Preference: * (some style, Big Boobs for example)
Slave Market: Y/N (you can buy some girl if this district has or not a Slave Market)

or some thing like that ^^
Honag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vava on Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:36 am

Hmmm... Honag gave me another idea. I'm still leaning towards the purchase and use of buildings rather than districts that have a limited population and/or a sexual preference, but I like the thought of different girls being available depending on what structures you own.

One idea is for the Slave Market to have different girls available depending on which buildings you possess. This could be used to regulate the rate at which your stats can grow; the better buildings you have, the more access you have to high-rate stat growth themes. Another idea is for the different buildings to give you the opportunity to meet different girls with the Take a Walk function (when that gets worked out). Actually, while I'm at it, I might as well share my ideas on possible Take a Walk scenarios.

For certain, there should be 'generic' scenarios; situations that can arrive regardless of your gold, rank, girls, etc. Other scenarios could require that your current leader have a certain stat at a certain minimum, such as having a Constitution score of at least 80 to subdue a powerful and violent girl. Still other scenarios could require that you have a particular girl as the leader of a particular building, such as Kagami, who could encounter her twin sister, Tsukasa, while on the walk. Still, since the function is currently buggy, these are just some ideas.
Vava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Honag on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:01 am

maybe the district can enter in your idea Vava...
a example:

Name: District 1
Preference: Marionette/Android

when you "Take a walk", you can encouter a girl with this style
then you need negotiate with the owner, and buy the girl

and a image display for all district, example:

District 1: a road with trees
District 2: Houses and Shopping
Honag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by conorwf on Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:23 am

Vava wrote:Hmmm... Honag gave me another idea. I'm still leaning towards the purchase and use of buildings rather than districts that have a limited population and/or a sexual preference, but I like the thought of different girls being available depending on what structures you own.

One idea is for the Slave Market to have different girls available depending on which buildings you possess. This could be used to regulate the rate at which your stats can grow; the better buildings you have, the more access you have to high-rate stat growth themes. Another idea is for the different buildings to give you the opportunity to meet different girls with the Take a Walk function (when that gets worked out). Actually, while I'm at it, I might as well share my ideas on possible Take a Walk scenarios.

For certain, there should be 'generic' scenarios; situations that can arrive regardless of your gold, rank, girls, etc. Other scenarios could require that your current leader have a certain stat at a certain minimum, such as having a Constitution score of at least 80 to subdue a powerful and violent girl. Still other scenarios could require that you have a particular girl as the leader of a particular building, such as Kagami, who could encounter her twin sister, Tsukasa, while on the walk. Still, since the function is currently buggy, these are just some ideas.

problem that I see. I wouldnt want to have to go and invest into a 'district', just to make 1 or 2 girls that I like available. lets not forget that this is, first and foremost, a sex game. as such, the girls involved should take the highest importance. While other elements or mechanics might be interesting to make it more like an 'actual game', it does take away from the real goal.
conorwf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vava on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:57 pm

conorwf wrote:problem that I see. I wouldnt want to have to go and invest into a 'district', just to make 1 or 2 girls that I like available. lets not forget that this is, first and foremost, a sex game. as such, the girls involved should take the highest importance. While other elements or mechanics might be interesting to make it more like an 'actual game', it does take away from the real goal.

Game is the key word in all of this. Just because it's an erotic game doesn't mean that it has to be so retardedly easy that a five-year-old with a learning disability who can't even understand the language it is written in could do it. However, I can agree that the game's current structure is a bit of a strain, considering you have you check your girls' stats regularly to see if you need to move them from one building to another. I'd suggest something like a message that appears in the work results. ("Belldandy has reached 100 Sex." Or something like that.) In my opinion, that would help a LOT.

Anyway, there are two (I was going to say 'three,' but then I forgot what my third reason was :S) good reasons I would suggest some sort of prerequiste for obtaining girls. (1) None of the girls are actually 'equal' in this game. Some have higher started stats, some have better themes, some have useful leader abilities, etc. By having some sort of prerequisite (even something as low as having the Small House), you can regulate the rate at which you gain 'power' (I play too many RPGs to know how important this is). With the way the game's built currently, you only need to struggle to get the first two Jokers; after that, you barely need to think at all. If you just so happen to be fond of a girl who has ridiculously high stats, broken styles and an awesome leader ability... Well, I can't help you there. I just think you should have to put a little more effort into acquiring some of the more useful girls. Since the game's still undergoing changes, though, there's no telling who will end up high tier and who will merely end up as filler.

(2) It's honestly way too easy to get nearly every girl in the game. Once you start raking in serious cash (which can easily be as soon as somewhere between the third and fifth Joker), not even regular Repair costs can slow you down. Soon, you will have upgraded every one of your Buildings to the maximum number of rooms, obtained as many girls as you could possibly fit in those Buildings, and then pull back in enough money to buy another fifteen girls overnight. If there were something to limit when you could acquire a girl, it would provide some sense of fulfillment when you've unlocked and obtained that particular girl you wanted.

Also, I wasn't implying that you had to invest in a certain Building in order to unlock a girl, but that you merely have possession of it or of a better building. Unless if you only intend to finish the game with nine girls and never advance past the Old Shack, I don't think that would be a terribly big issue in the long run. I can agree that not every girl should be limited in this manner, but I still think there should be some trick to getting the majority of the girls. This is a game, after all.
Vava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Honag on Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:21 pm

i've a example for why this changes can be good for the game.
the actual version have a bug, you can sell a build everytime you want, and have "9999999 money", then you can buy all the girls without problem, and when you reach 50 Days, the game become a little boring, you only need to see the pics and finish the game, is more easy you go to Hentaitube XD.

Sim Brothel V1 have a lot of difficult, and this make the game better, and make you want to play everytime.
Honag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loup Garou on Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:12 am

How to not let cheating ruin the game: DON'T CHEAT! 8-)... Ok... save before a month comes to an end so you can make sure you get an obtainable goal... but...
Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by conorwf on Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:59 am

Vava wrote:

Game is the key word in all of this. Just because it's an erotic game doesn't mean that it has to be so retardedly easy that a five-year-old with a learning disability who can't even understand the language it is written in could do it. However, I can agree that the game's current structure is a bit of a strain, considering you have you check your girls' stats regularly to see if you need to move them from one building to another. I'd suggest something like a message that appears in the work results. ("Belldandy has reached 100 Sex." Or something like that.) In my opinion, that would help a LOT.

Anyway, there are two (I was going to say 'three,' but then I forgot what my third reason was :S) good reasons I would suggest some sort of prerequiste for obtaining girls. (1) None of the girls are actually 'equal' in this game. Some have higher started stats, some have better themes, some have useful leader abilities, etc. By having some sort of prerequisite (even something as low as having the Small House), you can regulate the rate at which you gain 'power' (I play too many RPGs to know how important this is). With the way the game's built currently, you only need to struggle to get the first two Jokers; after that, you barely need to think at all. If you just so happen to be fond of a girl who has ridiculously high stats, broken styles and an awesome leader ability... Well, I can't help you there. I just think you should have to put a little more effort into acquiring some of the more useful girls. Since the game's still undergoing changes, though, there's no telling who will end up high tier and who will merely end up as filler.

(2) It's honestly way too easy to get nearly every girl in the game. Once you start raking in serious cash (which can easily be as soon as somewhere between the third and fifth Joker), not even regular Repair costs can slow you down. Soon, you will have upgraded every one of your Buildings to the maximum number of rooms, obtained as many girls as you could possibly fit in those Buildings, and then pull back in enough money to buy another fifteen girls overnight. If there were something to limit when you could acquire a girl, it would provide some sense of fulfillment when you've unlocked and obtained that particular girl you wanted.

Also, I wasn't implying that you had to invest in a certain Building in order to unlock a girl, but that you merely have possession of it or of a better building. Unless if you only intend to finish the game with nine girls and never advance past the Old Shack, I don't think that would be a terribly big issue in the long run. I can agree that not every girl should be limited in this manner, but I still think there should be some trick to getting the majority of the girls. This is a game, after all.

you are right that just because its erotic, it doesnt have automatically be easy. conversely, making a game harder doesnt automatically make the game better. American Gamers seem to think otherwhise, but thats a matter of taste. I think your assumption that my favorite girl is automatically highly statted, broken, and even has a leader stat, is very telling. I myself have played plenty of RPG's, enough to realize that the 'power' the character possesses has no correlation to the fun the character is having.

changing into a "district" by itself does not change the constant need to check stats, nor does it change the difficulty of the game at all.

while your right that putting prerequisites for some girls may cause a "fulfillment" for getting her, it can also be equally off-putting. if I had to work till the last leg of the game to get my absolutle favorite girl, i'd simply not bother.
I'd personally say rather than putting prerequisites on girls, find ways to reward the players with girls (or other things) for certain things, such as owning all girls of a certain style. Completing the missions is good, and an important "main objective". what we need are 'side quests'.

the easier way of elongating the game would be to adjust the costs (and subsequent pay) of the girls, the houses, and maintenance. putting fiery hoops and punji pits in the way of the goal is okay (some of the times), but unneeded when you can just move the goal further away.
conorwf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vava on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:31 am

>>> conorfw

I should apologize for my earlier post. I came off as... well, a jackass, really. I've been frequenting this board for as long as its been around, and the number of 'one-time complaint posts' has probably made me a little more irritable than I should be.

I can agree that trying to imply that making a game ridiculously hard doesn't make it good, either. I suppose that I was coming off like that was what mattered the most... Um... Bleh, I'm having trouble structuring my sentences, again. Anyway, when I play a game, it's because something about the game appeals to me. In the case of SimBrothel... I think it's my attraction to 'variety' in games; enemy variety, character variety, things like that. Also, this game reminds me a lot about the first D&D campaign I ran when I was 15... *engage reminiscing*

I had never managed a party, before, and my game days were set on Wednesday evenings from after school (roughly 3 p.m.) 'till about 9:00 p.m. My first few players included my brother, a friend of ours (who'd eventually turn to drugs, alcohol and sex within a year's time, but he was fine then)... and some other guy who I can't remember but he somehow managed to call his god temporarily to the Material Plane. Well, the makeshift group had been wandering around, and my friend, for some reason or another, started travelling around the city they were in to find brothels to purchase. Finding it not very important at the time, I simply gave him a massive brothel (100+ workers; I just threw random numbers together, really) for honestly nothing. A few of my other friends joined the game, later, and it eventually picked up into a more regular group session. One of my friends, being the deviant that he was, met up with one of his friends to take the time to name and define each of the workers at their super brothel. It surprised me, really, and the brothel ended up becoming their demiplanar stronghold shortly later.

I have not been able to maintain a consistent campaign since that one. Events in our lives kept interfering with the ability to play regular games, I ended up moving to escape the psychological brutality of my alcoholic father... I suppose that it's foolish to feel so nostalgic about such a crude set of sessions, but, truly, I miss those days greatly...

*end reminiscence* *cough* Also, I wasn't trying to imply that your favorites would automatically be game-breaking. I was trying to state it in a hypothetical sense, really... But I have serious trouble conveying my ideas and opinions without sounding like an ass (you should hear me when I talk; it isn't much better :S).

Anyway, I completely agree with you that "side quests" would be a lot better to include than "prerequisites." Honestly, I'm the kind of guy who plays the same PS3 game for perhaps a month or so trying to get as many Trophies as I can. As described by Penny-Arcade, that's attributable to picking change up off the street; you don't really need it and you look stupid doing it... but I just can't resist doing them. I love having a secondary objective or two (or ten : P) to work toward... Um, I'm not trying to say that sidequests are stupid, I'm just saying that I'll honestly do things in a game if I get rewarded somehow, no matter how small the reward... Dammit, I think I'm just making myself sound worse...

... *deep breath* I heard one of the Java developer's mention this already, but I'm not exactly very informed of what the plan is... Or if there is a plan, now that I think about it. Right now, everyone who's still working on the project is trying to work out just what it is we're aiming for with the end project. I don't know if the game is going to be redesigned from the ground up, or if it's just going to keep evolving from its current form, or what, really. All I can really do right now is throw out my ideas, get feedback, give feedback, etc. I wish I could do more for the team, but I wouldn't know what I'd need to learn in order to help...

Again, conorwf, I'm sorry for any hostility or poor ideas I may have presented in my first response or in this one... Or any posts, for that matter...

Dammit... The words are starting to slip from me, again... I think I'll just end the post, here.

Last edited by Vava on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bleh. My words come out wrong. :S)
Vava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loup Garou on Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:11 am

the "taking the girls for a walk" concept is, I think, the best way to go about "prerequisites." Some girls should only be obtained if you are in the right place at the right time....

I think that creating a random number of possible events, including a chance of nothing happening at all, and a random number generator to determine which event is encountered as one goes for a walk would be good. One could even create a system to enforce a level of "progression" to determine which encounters are possible by creating 7 different encounter systems... one for each house (or district). So that you can find paupers (no previous training, so low stats and few or no styles or management bonuses) in the first area and courtesans in the last (high stats and rare styles/management skills).

And Vava.... reminiscing about frpg's past... I started playing DnD when it first came out in the late 70's early 80's and graduated into ADnD when it was released... I DMed a game once that was... city based.. too... This game had old friends and new players (I think there were 9 players including me)... male and female... one of the guys had a crush on one of the new girls... was flirting with her and it became an incredible adventure. In a past adventure, one of the players got a wish ring. This guy (we'll call him Sharkoon, the ranger) wanted to... obtain that ring... so he could cast the wish spell on Diana, the cleric (played by the girl he was... interested in), to make her fall in love with him. It was one of the greatest adventures of all time. We spent an entire session dealing with inter-group relationships. I spent most of the game running one of my pc's as an npc and lover of one of our original group members (she was playing a thief and Tybalt, my thief-acrobat, was the her char's live in lover).... Tybalt's girlfriend and Sharkoon were at war over possession of that ring... some of the encounters were.. amusing, to say the least. There were times in the game when I would lean over and "whisper" to my "lover." "You know... I could kill him for you... really.. I could..." In one of the most amusing sequences, the mage (one of the new girls.. in fact, Diana's sister) lured Sharkoon and Tybalt's girlfriend to the same table at the same bar and had her familiar, a fairy dragon, do breath weapon attacks on both (fairy dragon breath weapon causes uncontrollable laughter in it's target). She wanted the two to "get over it" and make up. Unfortunately, Sharkoon made his saving throw.

The funniest part of the whole thing was that, in the end, Diana got the ring and cast the love spell on Sharkoon... the players dated for a while but... Last I heard, the girl who played Diana was in a convent studying to become a nun.

The greatest thing about that whole adventure was that there was no dungeon... no monsters... very little die rolling.... I didn't have to plan a damn thing... and fun was had by all.
Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Honag on Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:46 pm

calm down Vava
yesterday i play Avalon Code for DS, and i have to say, hard games can be a kick in the eggs.
But is what you say, a game with a variety of all the things is always good, but in another side, hard games have a lot of variety (it's my opinion).

conorwf
Honestly, i dislikes very about side quests, but maybe can be a good idea in this game, and i can think about some side quests. Maybe in the night i have some.
I always try to give some ideas about all the things, give a idea and i give 10 for complete your XD i know, it's sucks, but is what i really like to do ^^ and talking about it, i think... the game is changing, is become really cool, but is running away for other side, how about we change the name? is only a idea and myself think we dont need to change the name, but maybe someone want.
Honag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Honag on Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:42 am

i thought some side quests

if the game have district
but to do this i have a idea, a special girl for all district
1º: To receive the special girl (ex: Android 18), complete 5 days with (specific item or style).

2º: Have [specific girl] as leader to receive [specific item].

3º: Buy 5 Girls to receive [specific girl or item]

please, rate XD
give me your opinion, then i'll think about new side quests
Honag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vava on Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:20 pm

(Why is the reply box at the bottom of the screen now? That completely threw me off. :S)

Anyway, I was just complaining that I hadn't been able to hold a game together since then; I was only mentioning that it held something similar to this game in it. Also, I wasn't saying 'hard is good.' I was saying 'I don't like not having to try a little to get things.' I'm not sure how to describe that feeling, really, but whatever.

Your suggestion, Honag, almost sounds like another form of Joker, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. As for just how sidequests can be managed... I have no clue. I wouldn't know what to suggest, either... This matter will require a lot of brainstorming and idea fumbling back and forth between everyone for us to arrive at some agreeable solution. In the meantime... I'm thinking I should post possible story-related things to explain how you would get access to the girls in the game. Like I said in another thread, those you buy at the normal store are willingly providing their services, those at the Slave Market are, frankly, being sold as slaves, and those that you can get through Jokers arrive because you caught their attention with your business (which makes sense, considering you have to get the Joker to get them). I'll also try to suggest possible sidequest scenarios, since there's no telling right now just who could be entered as a Take a Walk girl.
Vava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loup Garou on Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:52 pm

On slave purchases.... I am thinking there may be a way to make a slave purchase turn out positively. It could cost you money, but....

An option that comes up with each slave purchase -- when the girl comes in to your "possession" you are given the option to save 3 things to her 1) I own you (forcing her into service may make her run). 2) as soon as you repay me the money I purchased you with, you can go (some may stick around after debt is payed.. others may not). 3) I do not own you. You can stay or go.

Each girl that leaves you (escaping slavery, moving on after debt is payed, or choosing freedom) will... eventually... be picked up again by the slavers and you can buy them once more. The girls you own and have to keep re-purchasing are the ones you need to break (get their obedience up). The girls who repay debt, get recaptured and work off debt again are the ones you need to get rank raises to win over... they start to see how much money they can actually make once debt is payed. The last group... the more you save them, the more they look up to you... and the higher the odds that they will eventually choose to stay. The first tactic is for those who wish to dominate. The second, for those who are using finances to keep their girls in tow. The third, for those who prefer to win their girls by their heart.
Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum