simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by randomito on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:18 pm

please bear with me as this is my first attempt at releasing a version

I have implemented a test for the "take a walk" function in the "manage" window. It has no effect on the game so far, it is just to see if it is working properly. The rest of the game should work unchanged. If you take this version please have a look and give me your feedback here.

download at :
http://www.mediafire.com/?vgjy1y0gzvy
(I used the Sexvilla tool to create the images)

If this looks interesting I will continue work on this module which should be possible without interfering (too much) with the excellent work Karel is doing

I should be able to display small video clips as well and store the stories in a simple database. If somebody has written a story and has images to illustrate it, I can put it there too.

Ultimately this "take a walk" function should allow the player to find girls, to earn extra money etc ...

please let me know if this looks useful. Comments/critics are welcome

randomito

Posts : 51
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2009-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by killerboth on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:42 pm

i got a problem (the one of: you need version .... of .netframework)
the first time i wanted to start it it asked for a version V4. ....
(so i instal a v4 version (i think it's a beta ?) and i restart my computer
but afterwards i don't even get as much as a reaction to the game
(i click it, i ask it to run with administrator permission (vista :s), i delete and redownload it, ..... and even tried to reinstal the netframework .....)
but nothing helps --> anyone got an idea?

(btw: i tried my best but i can be that my english isn't as good as i thought :p)

killerboth

Posts : 8
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by randomito on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:04 pm

killerboth wrote:i got a problem (the one of: you need version .... of .netframework)
the first time i wanted to start it it asked for a version V4. ....
(so i instal a v4 version (i think it's a beta ?) and i restart my computer
but afterwards i don't even get as much as a reaction to the game
(i click it, i ask it to run with administrator permission (vista :s), i delete and redownload it, ..... and even tried to reinstal the netframework .....)
but nothing helps --> anyone got an idea?

(btw: i tried my best but i can be that my english isn't as good as i thought :p)

Did you get the other versions to work ?
if yes then my version might be wrong
if no then it is a more general problem I can look into

just make the test and let us know please

randomito

Posts : 51
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2009-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by killerboth on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:06 pm

the previous version worked and i just tried it to test if my netframework works properly but no problems with the pervious
it's just this one that doesn't do anything :s
(btw, in the meanwhile i also tried to let it run with compability of windows xp but nothing )

killerboth

Posts : 8
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by randomito on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:44 pm

killerboth wrote:the previous version worked and i just tried it to test if my netframework works properly but no problems with the pervious
it's just this one that doesn't do anything :s
(btw, in the meanwhile i also tried to let it run with compability of windows xp but nothing )

ok thanks, this means that my version is bad somehow (but it works on my PC) I will do some tests to determine what is wrong !

randomito

Posts : 51
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2009-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by Loup Garou on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:07 pm

I am downloading now to see if it works on my system. Will report in a bit.
avatar
Loup Garou

Posts : 318
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2010-01-08
Age : 53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by Loup Garou on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:13 pm

SimbroGame.exe - .NET Framework Initialization Error

To run this application, you first must intall one of the following versions of .NET framework:
v4.0.21006
Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework.

That is the message I got when I tried to start up the program.
avatar
Loup Garou

Posts : 318
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2010-01-08
Age : 53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by killerboth on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:05 pm

idd the first one i also got that message, then i tried to instal a V4 version of net framwork and now it does nothing

killerboth

Posts : 8
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by randomito on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:08 pm

Loup Garou wrote:SimbroGame.exe - .NET Framework Initialization Error

To run this application, you first must intall one of the following versions of .NET framework:
v4.0.21006
Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework.

That is the message I got when I tried to start up the program.

hmm, I tried on two different PCs, running with Vista, I had no problems
I will try to find other PCs with different OSes !

by the way, thanks guys for testing this !!

randomito

Posts : 51
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2009-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by Loup Garou on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:27 pm

Maybe it is Vista issue.. I never upgraded to Vista... I am using XP. Windows puts their new systems out too damn fast without working out issues.

But hey... I am not a techno-nerd....
avatar
Loup Garou

Posts : 318
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2010-01-08
Age : 53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by randomito on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:51 pm

Loup Garou wrote:Maybe it is Vista issue.. I never upgraded to Vista... I am using XP. Windows puts their new systems out too damn fast without working out issues.

But hey... I am not a techno-nerd....

I tried on a laptop with XP, same thing it works for me

on the other hand all these machines have the latest .NET framework. Maybe you can try to download it at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=DED875C8-FE5E-4CC9-B973-2171B61FE982&displaylang=en , install it and test again ?

If it works it still raises the question why this is needed for my version and not needed for the previous ones

randomito

Posts : 51
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2009-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by Loup Garou on Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:15 am

Downloading... will let you know in a while...
avatar
Loup Garou

Posts : 318
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2010-01-08
Age : 53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by FenixArralastor on Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:27 am

Well, just to state one difference that I have found between this version, and the last test version I got: This one required that I find an unzipper.... That could (somehow) contribute to the issues that everyone is having (including myself). Although I am quite anxious to try out the new feature once everything is fixed up ^_^

FenixArralastor

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by Loup Garou on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:38 am

I modified .NET.... I downloaded SB again... and unzipped... and... NOTHING. I believe the same thing happened to Killerboth.

No... it wasn't nothing... I just noticed that there was a box on my toolbar for SimBroth... it took a while to load and because I eventually clicked on here to start typing, the game came on screen behind my internet connection. It is, after all, running.
avatar
Loup Garou

Posts : 318
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2010-01-08
Age : 53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by Loup Garou on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:34 am

Just me, but... you kinda want consistent graphics... the pictures you were using were 3d and you kinda need simpler. I have at least 2 games up and running right now that have park pictures that I could get for you.. using the simple background and super-imposing a shot of the girl over top of it would do well... hold on... I am making a pic of one of the parks....

examples (sorry.. game I picked did not, as I suspected, have a park scene... but.... For record, these shots are from Bazooka Cafe)


a cafe


a bar


A shopping district...



a street shot

In the above shot, you can discuss seeing a girl at a distance... when you actually encounter her, the below shot comes on screen.




I reduced the size of the picture to fit the size of my girl's pic... the street is Bazooka Cafe... the girl is from the Sagara Family (my first group of char suggestions). I know she needs some more trimming, but this was just to show what I was talking about. What the hell.. I threw this together in about 20 minutes (including time to get the background pictures. 8-)
avatar
Loup Garou

Posts : 318
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2010-01-08
Age : 53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by FenixArralastor on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:25 am

Hrm, I finally got it so that it would open. But after it goes to the intitial menu it won't let me start a new game. I click "new" and it just shuts off =/

FenixArralastor

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by Spacebird on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:44 am

It starts, and all the options for the walk work. It stops displaying pictures when I go to the next day though. BY that I mean ANY pictures.

Spacebird

Posts : 25
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by randomito on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:59 am

Loup Garou wrote:Just me, but... you kinda want consistent graphics...

thanks for testing this Loup Garou ! so I need to find a way to compile this for a previous version of the .NET framework, which should avoid the hassle of having to download the new version from Microsoft !

As for the graphics it was just for the test. We can change them like we want, they are located in the MEDIA directory. I will implement a simple way to have a script in a text file to detail the script of the "take a walk" story.

I also need to investigate the disappearing pictures Spacebird mentions

randomito

Posts : 51
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2009-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by killerboth on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:36 am

yes i finally got it to start (by trying any trick i knew and reinstalling manny things, so i'm not sure but i guess it was a problem with my netframwork)
but now i got the same error as spacebird, no pictures (tried easy/normal/hard but i never get a picture :s execpt for the walk)

killerboth

Posts : 8
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by randomito on Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:21 pm

killerboth wrote:yes i finally got it to start (by trying any trick i knew and reinstalling manny things, so i'm not sure but i guess it was a problem with my netframwork)
but now i got the same error as spacebird, no pictures (tried easy/normal/hard but i never get a picture :s execpt for the walk)

If I understand correctly :

- you have all pictures displayed correctly
- you use the "take a walk" function
- you click "next day"
- then you don't get pictures in some places anymore (can you tell me in which places for example ?)

correct ?

as usual I seem to get all the pictures, but maybe there is a place I did not check ? it sounds also a bit weird as my code is not supposed to interfere with the rest of the game's code

randomito

Posts : 51
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2009-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by killerboth on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:11 pm

i don't know how to explain because i don't know how it happens, but if i just unzip your version and i want to play it, i can't get a picture anywhere and even before i try the 'take a walk' function
but if i kopie paste everything from your version in a map with the previous one
then i have no problems (even afther the 'take a walk' function it still shows pictures)
--> mayby the map 'data' isn''t complete or something?
but it's working over here now so no problem

killerboth

Posts : 8
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by randomito on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:18 pm

killerboth wrote:i don't know how to explain because i don't know how it happens, but if i just unzip your version and i want to play it, i can't get a picture anywhere and even before i try the 'take a walk' function
but if i kopie paste everything from your version in a map with the previous one
then i have no problems (even afther the 'take a walk' function it still shows pictures)
--> mayby the map 'data' isn''t complete or something?
but it's working over here now so no problem

for example you don't even get a picture in the "choose your character" screen at the beginning ?

sorry if this sounds messy but I am not yet 100% familiar with all the ingame data and data structures

randomito

Posts : 51
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2009-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by killerboth on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:10 pm

if i just unzip it, then i can start te game (finally :p) and i can see everything (the brothel pictures / pictures of the girls / ...) so i guess it's only when i press ' next day' i can't see anything then
(but only then, i can keep vieuwing the other pictures)
but when i kopie a 'data' map from the older version and let them 'fuse'? it works normal
(i can even do the 'walk')

killerboth

Posts : 8
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by randomito on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:30 pm

killerboth wrote:if i just unzip it, then i can start te game (finally :p) and i can see everything (the brothel pictures / pictures of the girls / ...) so i guess it's only when i press ' next day' i can't see anything then
(but only then, i can keep vieuwing the other pictures)
but when i kopie a 'data' map from the older version and let them 'fuse'? it works normal
(i can even do the 'walk')

crazy ! when you can see the pictures at the start of the game then this means that they are included in the rar file !

I have no idea why they should then not be visible, I will do some more tests !!

randomito

Posts : 51
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2009-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by Spacebird on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:11 am

randomito wrote:
killerboth wrote:yes i finally got it to start (by trying any trick i knew and reinstalling manny things, so i'm not sure but i guess it was a problem with my netframwork)
but now i got the same error as spacebird, no pictures (tried easy/normal/hard but i never get a picture :s execpt for the walk)

If I understand correctly :

- you have all pictures displayed correctly
- you use the "take a walk" function
- you click "next day"
- then you don't get pictures in some places anymore (can you tell me in which places for example ?)

correct ?

as usual I seem to get all the pictures, but maybe there is a place I did not check ? it sounds also a bit weird as my code is not supposed to interfere with the rest of the game's code

Yup. And how many things aren't supposed to interfere with Windows but do anyway?

In my case anywhere. None of the girls, none of the brothels..... nothing.

Spacebird

Posts : 25
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum