simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: simbro - test for "take a walk" function

Post by killerboth on Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:23 am

randomito wrote:
killerboth wrote:if i just unzip it, then i can start te game (finally :p) and i can see everything (the brothel pictures / pictures of the girls / ...) so i guess it's only when i press ' next day' i can't see anything then
(but only then, i can keep vieuwing the other pictures)
but when i kopie a 'data' map from the older version and let them 'fuse'? it works normal
(i can even do the 'walk')

crazy ! when you can see the pictures at the start of the game then this means that they are included in the rar file !

I have no idea why they should then not be visible, I will do some more tests !!

sorry but i think you missunderstanded what i ment: i can see every picture except when i press the 'next day button' then i see nothing
but even afther the next day i can still see the pictures of the girls i want to buy or so
and my guess for the problem is: either your data map isn't complete in the zip
OR not every data in the map is compatible with .netframework v4??
(srry if i said something ridiculous but i don't know much (/anything) about programming so i can't really think of an other problem :s)

killerboth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FenixArralastor on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:50 am

Alright, finally got it to open up all the way for me (I apparently wasn't unzipping it correctly Razz). I have also experienced the same issue that killerboth has, where the girls pictures won't show up (you know, where it shows them 'working'). I haven't tried fixes suggested above, but I'm not to concerned about it right now. As for the take a walk function: It seems to work fine, but its hard to say considering how little is actually released of it yet. I do agree with loup garou about the consistency of the graphics. Other than that, I am very excited to see the next release of this aspect of the game ^_^

FenixArralastor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by randomito on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:50 am

ok ok I found my mistake

indeed there are files missing in the data directory. I have downloaded Karel's version and compared !

I have never noticed this because I have been playing on my compiled version so I could not see that pictures were missing because I HAD NEVER SEEN THEM !! (sounds like an april's fool joke, isn't it ? )

so my plan is :

- make a new version with all the data
- put the new version in a zip file, not a rar file, to be consistent with Karel's
- put the scripts for the stories in an external text file
- make the function interact with the rest of the game so that we can earn money, girls, etc ... through it

WHAT YOU CAN DO :

- write a story for the Take a Walk function with the multiple choices
- if possible find pictures to illustrate it

I will then include it as the "test" function for taking a walk (I suck as a story writer and graphic designer )

randomito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FenixArralastor on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:50 pm

I would love to help... Is there any particular format that these stories would need to be in? And the pictures for that matter. If its within my power I would love to help ^_^ Especially if I can do some writing Very Happy

FenixArralastor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by randomito on Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:27 pm

FenixArralastor wrote:I would love to help... Is there any particular format that these stories would need to be in? And the pictures for that matter. If its within my power I would love to help ^_^ Especially if I can do some writing Very Happy

right now I have hardcoded the format into the source, just for testing, but I plan to use following external format in the future (in a textfile) :

[1] this the number of the step
Img=pic.jpg the name or the number of the pic to display
Text="blaaaah" the text of the description for the current step
Choices=1 number of choices in the current step
Choice1=do it text of choice 1
Choice2=. text of choice 2
Choice3=. text of choice 3
Choice4=. text of choice 4
Choice1go=2 step to go to if choice 1 (if negative then its the end)
Choice2go=0 step to go to if choice 2
Choice3go=0 step to go to if choice 3
Choice4go=0 step to go to if choice 4
score what does the player earn for reaching this step
or earnings

the pictures can be gif, png or jpg and C# might be able to handle additional formats but I guess these are the most common. You don't need to have pics for each step. Also the pics get automatically resized so the size is not a big trouble (the pictures get bigger when you enlarge the window)
I have checked, it is possible to put small video clips too but this requires a lot of additional coding.

randomito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FenixArralastor on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:29 pm

Hm... I am not entirely sure I understand... I'm not much of a programmer, Sad.

FenixArralastor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by killerboth on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:36 pm

me neither
but if you got some great story for the walk just tell him and we 'll wee what's going to happen :p

killerboth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FenixArralastor on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:37 pm

I'll see what I can work up, if anything Razz

FenixArralastor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by randomito on Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:02 pm

FenixArralastor wrote:Hm... I am not entirely sure I understand... I'm not much of a programmer, Sad.

ok, forget what I said, its just a format to store the story

if you want examples of stories which could work for the "take a walk" function (with multiple choices the reader can select) then you can go to http://www.chyoo.com/index.php , there is quite a nice collection there

randomito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasuke on Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:58 am

Well I can't say much about the system but it works but the pictures of the girls in the next day thing don't show what is up with that?

Jasuke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasuke on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:14 pm

Jasuke wrote:Well I can't say much about the system but it works but the pictures of the girls in the next day thing don't show what is up with that?
I got the pictures to show up now. :DMy advice to anybody else is to download the previous test version and copy the data files that are not cataloged (eg. data000000.dat) and the ".sbl"files in the data folder then it will work.I did it anyone can do it.

Jasuke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aear on Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:30 pm

Not to step on anyone toes or anything but since there's only like one person working on the game could the source code be released so that we could rebuild the development team?

Aear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeminded1001 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:26 pm

Aear wrote:Not to step on anyone toes or anything but since there's only like one person working on the game could the source code be released so that we could rebuild the development team?
I thought it was posted somewhere in second half of 2009

Freeminded1001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior536 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:03 am

If someone could tell me how to add new girls or add pictures to already existing girl I would and probably post a new version with more girls here after.

Warrior536

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loup Garou on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:24 am

There is no "adding" system in the game. New girls, pictures, and styles are being added by the developers from suggestions by the players. The subject of an add-on section to the game has come up a few times, but the developers have stated that that is not optional because of the possibility that people will use it to install illegal pictures (like real pictures of ex-girlfriends), then release it to others... which could come back to bight the developers on the ass. So... new things are added by suggestion and the developers hold the right to reject any suggestions. 8-)
Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior536 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:30 am

God dammit! Anyway no use posting in the suggestion since there appears to be no developpers left...Are we one day gonna get the code for the game so we can remake the developpement team?

Warrior536

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loup Garou on Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:35 am

Trust me... the developers are not dormant. They are just not around much. I saw Karel on the other day (but then... I had just sent him notification of a zip load of pictures I had posted, so... that may be why he happened to be logged on).
Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Helena on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:52 am

Yes, they are around. It's just that they are being bogged down with Real Life. The best thing we can do is wait; at least they haven't completely forsaken us, right?

Helena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loup Garou on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:02 am

Damn that real life.... sticking its nose in our business... 8-)
Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Helena on Mon May 03, 2010 4:10 am

In any case, a couple of days later to see that there hasn't been any recent updates. Rather disappointing.

Btw, Loup Garou, where are those styles from your thread on the suggestions board from? Did you just make them up or is it somehow implemented in the game that I have not been able to find?

Helena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loup Garou on Mon May 03, 2010 4:51 am

The styles were suggested by individuals who were contributing additional girls. The original discussions of the styles and a broader definition can be found through out the "Girl request" thread... and in the thread discussing "New styles"... and one of mine is in a thread called "On female diversity" (that is where I first discussed the Cougar style). I created some of the styles, but if you read each post within that thread, the first line states which contributor created the styles discussed in that post. The first post is the styles already part of the game, then comes Hogan's ideas, my ideas, Skuld, Vava... and other contributors. Basically, I consolidated all the styles into one thread to help those designing new chars to go through the original and new styles to find appropriate ones for their characters. You will note that there are some styles in the list which have more than one versions. I included them all to give the designers variations to choose the best design from (of course, they may do a little re-designing on some of the new styles, themselves, but... that is future). For now, what you see is what we got. If you figure out a style on your own... post it where ever you need to put it (it is good to post it in the girl thread if you are also adding girls with that style). Once you have posted it, send me a note and I will add it to my thread. (I would rather only I added notes to that thread so the styles are pretty much all together... with no chat in between.)

Do you think I went on long enough? 8-)
Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by swx432u on Thu May 06, 2010 4:45 pm

can someone help me im using windows 7 and cant run it same problem as vista can u add send link to my email hot to fix it skyespada@yahoo.com

swx432u

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shizuma on Fri May 07, 2010 4:50 pm

Hi [yournamehere], y dont want to disturb anyone but y have a little question. The developpement of the game are stopped ?

Shizuma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Helena on Fri May 07, 2010 11:50 pm

To answer Shizuma, it's not stopped, it's just temporarily suspended for an indefinite period of time, that's all.

See the difference?

Helena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shizuma on Mon May 10, 2010 10:15 am

Y not sure to see the difference ^^
But that not dramatic. That just
Thanks for your response

Shizuma

View user profile

Back to top Go down