Sim Brothel v2.1.2 bug reports

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sim Brothel v2.1.2 bug reports

Post by Karel_II on Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:04 am

Raed wrote:For some reason, during my last couple days of one run, even though I had a couple rank 8's, and advertisement on full on the Central Palace, no costumers were coming in.

I am testing damaging of buildings... And maybe is setup to hard... scratch scratch

Have a nice day

Karel_II

My neznalí vedeni nevedomými, děláme nemožné pro nevděčné..
Karel_II

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by someguy on Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:27 am

Newest version works pretty well. Just one minor bug I noticed. After selling a girl, the original girl (Skuld) got placed in the Old Shack despite being somewhere else at the time. Other than that, it's working fine.

Edit: Got about a dozen girls and split them between the Small House and the House. After a while, I stopped getting customers to the Small House and this hasn't changed over the course of 20 days.
someguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karel_II on Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:14 am

interesting bug.. Smile Please describe closely this bug... I wil try fix it.. Smile

I modifi damaging building... In older version is no max and the numbers can gain huge value... In next release it will be oka..

Have a nice day

Karel_II

Karel_II

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by someguy on Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:24 am

I started off with Skuld as usual and built up enough money to buy another girl as well as the Small House, just to be sure my earlier bug wasn't on my end and wouldn't come back. I bought Naru and put her in the Small House and moved Skuld to the Small House also. No errors with moving girls, so that was fine. After gaining the first Joker girl I wanted to make more money, so I sold Naru to buy a girl with the Noble trait (I forget exactly whom.) So Naru was sold and I bought a new girl, bringing me back to 3 girls in total.

I placed the new girl with Noble trait into the Small House and then went into the Buildings menu to set the Small House to Noble style. Skuld had previously been in the Small House. Now she was in the Old Shack. Removing her from the shack was only possible through setting her to Nowhere and then replacing her in the Small House where I wanted her.

Also, since you're adding in building damage possibility, will there be a way to repair them so we can use them again? In the original game, damage was resolved over a few days of not being able to use the house that had caught fire and all the girls that had been in there were set to Nowhere at that time. For instance, say Skuld is in the Old Shack and it catches fire. For 2 days that building wouldn't be able to be used and Skuld would be Nowhere. After 2 days, everything would be fine again.
someguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by atacii on Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:05 am

It does repair itself, but there's no way to do it yourself. I'll try and add some kind of indicator to the current state of the building as it's really easy to glaze over the event announcement during the new day.

Another thing that has to be fixed with this, is that I believe negative events can stack, which is not how it is intended to work, because stacking events increases 'damage' which affects both stat malus and repair time. Rolling Eyes

Just have debugging left for the Manage window.

Last edited by atacii on Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
atacii
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by someguy on Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:20 am

I do notice the damage reports, so to speak, it's just that I didn't think a building would take a dozen days or more to repair. An indicator of the building's current health or something along those lines would be helpful. Perhaps add it to the Buildings window if that's possible?
someguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by atacii on Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:43 pm

Bug Report: The code is terrible.

In GirlsWindow when a girl is moved, themes for previous building are decremented before the next building is checked for free rooms.

I would redo it, but the Building/Girl code keeps changing, so if you want to fix this before those classes become stable, go ahead.

Basic 'Manage' functions works but the results are not displaying correctly in the window...so the girls can be moved, but its not shown until refreshed. scratch

Stupid ListBoxes...
atacii
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karel_II on Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:11 pm

atacii wrote:Bug Report: The code is terrible.

In GirlsWindow when a girl is moved, themes for previous building are decremented before the next building is checked for free rooms.

I would redo it, but the Building/Girl code keeps changing, so if you want to fix this before those classes become stable, go ahead.

Basic 'Manage' functions works but the results are not displaying correctly in the window...so the girls can be moved, but its not shown until refreshed. scratch

Stupid ListBoxes...

I know this is very crazy code... I have tried repair this bug, but i don't know how.. Even i dont know, if i make code simply or even more crazy

Have a nice day

Karel_II

Karel_II

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarreckSteel on Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:39 pm

I don't know if it's just me, but I don't seem to have access to the manage menu. I've been keeping up to date with the DL's as best I can, but I'm not sure if I missed one. My question I guess is, which DL contained the beta of the manage system, cause I can't find it in the version I have.
MarreckSteel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by atacii on Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:47 pm

This is because it has not been released yet.

But I have another idea. What if we gave each girl only one theme. Make the individual ones more meaningful as well as making the code a good deal simpler.

This would also allow the theme to be added as a single column to the girl data table, meaning the list could be sorted by theme auto-magically.
atacii
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raed on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:12 pm

atacii wrote:...But I have another idea. What if we gave each girl only one theme. Make the individual ones more meaningful as well as making the code a good deal simpler...

I like that idea. It puts more planning into who you have in buildings, particularly bigger ones, considering that now no matter who you put in the Central Palace, you can still max out a variety of styles. But with this I have to push for a grouping function even more, as putting on and taking off over a 100 girls can get agitating, moreso when you have to think about where your putting each one every time.
Raed

View user profile http://simbro.phpbb3now.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by someguy on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:13 pm

The only thing I can think of that would be bad about each girl only having one theme is it would make it almost obligatory to have a bunch of girls. Say for instance you only want a few girls but none of them have matching themes. Then you'd be more or less stuck with the girls being the same as they are on day one throughout the entire game. As things are now, there's almost no way to go about it and have that happen.
someguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by atacii on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:57 pm

-.- the game forces you to have a bunch of girls regardless. And I'm pretty sure you would run into that issue even now. Multiple themes makes it less likely but certainly not impossible.

If you are worrying about it being inflexible, there will be items that give girls specific themes.

Think I understand the underlying sentiment though. Why do girls need to group up in order to create some effect?

A compromise might be to limit each girl to one theme, but have secondary abilities which offer bonuses to the house without needing others to be effective.

I have wanted this sort of thing for awhile, its just that limiting the themes is a more immediate change (easier to code).
atacii
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by atacii on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:32 am

K, 'Manage' works now. Don't want to bother writing the code to filter girls by theme until I figure how people feel about the one theme thing.
atacii
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarreckSteel on Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:42 am

Apologizes then. I was not aware that the system had not been implemented yet. I had heard discussion about it and I was under the impression that it was implemented in one of the releases. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm still going through the newest release myself and am trying to pick up on some weird trend I found. When I learn more, I'll post it here.
MarreckSteel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by atacii on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:57 am

K, no worries. Releases have been hectic recently anyways.

Keep an eye out for extra messages during the new day. Events have been implemented but need balancing: I imagine this is what you're picking up on.

Buildings can go "dead" for days at a time as is.
atacii
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarreckSteel on Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:46 am

For me, it's more having to do with the missions. Often times I would be nowhere near the criteria and I would somehow pass the mission. Other times, I've had the objectives and I've somehow failed. I'm going to do a couple more runs to see if I'm just being paranoid. I have a feeling someone mentioned this before.
MarreckSteel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by atacii on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:00 am

I see. It used to be a problem, but that was a little while back...I think.

From your explanation I can guess the cause, and will check it out.
atacii
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarreckSteel on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:14 am

If you need more info about it, just let me know and I can do a run through again.
MarreckSteel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top