Competition

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Competition

Post by PatrickZ on Fri May 14, 2010 9:40 pm

I was thinking, when you play this game it seems like your brothel company is the only one in the world. All the houses and all the girls are always available just for you.

Now my idea is to make AI competing brothel companies. Girls can either be unemployed, working for you or working for another company. You can pick up unemployed girls from the streets while taking a walk or you can buy girls from a competing brothel. On the other hand if you want to get rid of a girl you can just fire her so she ends up on the street or you can try to sell her to another brothel. Note that working girls (either for you or for someone else) build up experience and ranks and so on, but also their price rises with that. The same should be the case with buildings, altough you dont just pick up a building from the street. But a building could be in use by a competing brothel so you got to negotiate for buying it.

Eventually in the far future the game could be played online where the AI companies are no longer AI but other online players just like you.

PatrickZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Competition

Post by hewhocumsbynight on Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:30 am

I agree, that would be great; in fact, I was literally thinking the same thing. I think the problem would be that the scope becomes overly expanded from the original design; plus, you'd probably start getting into the problems that online multiplayer's the world over have: other people, for one.

hewhocumsbynight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix_LV on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:34 am

i also was thinking the same Smile good thought pick-up, guys Smile game could benefit from that, but U'd need a clear goal to go towards in the end. Plus, number and smarts of VI competitors could variate with the difficulty.

Well, online brothel is definitelly a long-term development idea worth looking into. It'll take much more thought and talent, though..

Phoenix_LV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jackrabbit on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:19 pm

The "Whore Master" game had something of an "opposition" in the form of abstract gang warfare as a sort of proxy fight between gangs loyal to you and those loyal to the two opposing brothel factions.

I'm not so sure about an mmo version of the game my impression was that this game concept was intended to be single player, and for a reason. Wink

jackrabbit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hewhocumsbynight on Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:41 am

Yeah, true. Hey, I actually tried downloading Whore Master, but I couldn't get it to work; it said it required a different program. I downloaded the program, C++ 2008, several times, and it still won't install. Did you ever get yours working, Jackrabbit?

hewhocumsbynight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jackrabbit on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:42 pm

My copy runs fine, even on my cranky vista OS.

jackrabbit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:29 pm

hewhocumsbynight wrote:Yeah, true. Hey, I actually tried downloading Whore Master, but I couldn't get it to work; it said it required a different program. I downloaded the program, C++ 2008, several times, and it still won't install. Did you ever get yours working, Jackrabbit?
search in the forum it happend also to me (when i tried it)...it must be the resolution at the problem ( i don't remind wich was XD XD)
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top