simbro - 2010-05-24-001 5 4.5 8

simbro - 2010-05-24-001

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

simbro - 2010-05-24-001

Post by randomito on Mon May 24, 2010 12:11 pm

Hi guys,

I have made some minor changes to Karel's code, I hope he does not mind

juts let me know if this works for you, I have included two binaries for the different versions of the .NET framework. The most recent one is version 4 but most people will have the default version 3. If SimBroGame-net3.exe works for most people then we can just keep compatibility with the .NET v3

cheers
R.

download : http://www.mediafire.commediafire.com/download.php?nnjuzrjmjyo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
version simbro-2010-05-24-001.rar

- end of game now only displayed for 5 turns

(see http://sim-brothel-v2.bigforumpro.com/suggestions-f6/choosing-starting-management-and-getting-rid-of-t308.htm)

- in the girls form you can now see in which brothel the girl works

(see http://sim-brothel-v2.bigforumpro.com/suggestions-f6/interface-upgrades-t309.htm )

- increased the "rank" label a bit to fit the "almost beggar" rank

- included two binaries for .NET 3 and .NET 4

if you want to use .NET framework 4 , download from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9cfb2d51-5ff4-4491-

b0e5-b386f32c0992&displaylang=en
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

randomito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: simbro - 2010-05-24-001

Post by Verin_Elfo on Mon May 24, 2010 5:05 pm

until someone finally decided to comment and make the project go ... miss the time we were seeing updates every month, without having to wait too long ...

Thanks for the news!!! cheers Very Happy

Verin_Elfo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by randomito on Mon May 24, 2010 6:50 pm

please be aware that compared to Master Karel I am just a humble little coder peon, so don't expect any miracles

randomito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Project_Demise on Thu May 27, 2010 6:14 pm

The only problem I see left is the 'You have every girl, every building, and tons of cash so we're gonna throw a mission at you that can't be achieved'. After I'd completed the game, I wound up with a mission to rank up 767 girls.

Project_Demise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loup Garou on Thu May 27, 2010 6:26 pm

ranking up 767 girls is not ranking up 767 girls.... that is just the total number of levels you rank up your characters. And all rankings starting from day one are included.... so that task is very completable.

Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fightback on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:37 am

Randomito,

From what I can see both .Net v3 and v4 are working fine, didn't run into any new crazy bugs. Nice fixes btw. As far as I know of, Karel is not coming back Sad If he does, it won't be for a while (i.e. once the rest of the dev team comes back and starts working again.)

Fightback

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by randomito on Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:11 pm

Fightback wrote:Randomito,

From what I can see both .Net v3 and v4 are working fine, didn't run into any new crazy bugs. Nice fixes btw. As far as I know of, Karel is not coming back Sad If he does, it won't be for a while (i.e. once the rest of the dev team comes back and starts working again.)

thanks for your feedback

actually without Karel I don't want to do major changes in the main code as I want to be sure that we can work in parallel and not introduce regressions etc ...

If he is not coming back for a while I could do big changes and try to back port on his version once he comes back but I really would like to hear from the other developers before I do that

randomito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tacky on Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:47 am

Honestly, I think that the project (in terms of Karel and the others) is dead, so I think you can pretty much do what you want. If some one wants to correct me, please do, and also reply to my post in the dev board to do so.

If you want something done, randomito, go ahead and do it. I'd help if you want.

Tacky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loup Garou on Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:21 am

Karel is on a break... do defined ending... but... while he is off dealing with reality (and what goofball would do that.. choose reality over a sim game), a group of developers led by Alasdair and Fred D Derf, are working on... basically... simbroth 3... a java version of the game with a LOT more girls (they are working toward 1000 girls) and a few sets of girls that are very limited in availability (12 each)... Nuns, Valkyrie Maids, and Angels (they are obtained as prizes for jokers... you can obtain 3 of each if you make all the jokers).

I know this because I am one of the char contributors, and am helping with pics. Don't ask me when it will be done... I have no idea.

Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sojirou on Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:31 am

it it's done quickly and it sucks, I swear to hunt the creation crew down and make the last moments of your life seem worse than the hell I will send you to

Sojirou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loup Garou on Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:39 am

If it sucks, it is all Alasdair's fault.... 8-)

Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vava on Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:13 pm

Tacky wrote:Honestly, I think that the project (in terms of Karel and the others) is dead, so I think you can pretty much do what you want. If some one wants to correct me, please do, and also reply to my post in the dev board to do so.

If you want something done, randomito, go ahead and do it. I'd help if you want.

I don't mean to sound rude, but I believe you're correct in believing this. To be honest, though, I've heard that the original coding for SimBro v2 was a complete mess when it was first released, and the developers who took it up after it was left improved upon it greatly. Regardless, I would like to take this opportunity to say this: to all the developers who worked on this game, to the community who has supported it and to the game's original creator, I say, "thank you for what you have given us."

Loup Garou wrote:Karel is on a break... do defined ending... but... while he is off dealing with reality (and what goofball would do that.. choose reality over a sim game), a group of developers led by Alasdair and Fred D Derf, are working on... basically... simbroth 3... a java version of the game with a LOT more girls (they are working toward 1000 girls) and a few sets of girls that are very limited in availability (12 each)... Nuns, Valkyrie Maids, and Angels (they are obtained as prizes for jokers... you can obtain 3 of each if you make all the jokers).

I know this because I am one of the char contributors, and am helping with pics. Don't ask me when it will be done... I have no idea.

I'm pretty sure it's 6 Nuns, 3 Valkyries and 3 Angels. <.<

Sojirou wrote:it it's done quickly and it sucks, I swear to hunt the creation crew down and make the last moments of your life seem worse than the hell I will send you to

I whole-heartedly doubt the project will be rushed. Since it will be built from the ground up, it's going to take some time for a stable engine to be established, and even longer still for us to include the promised 1000 girl count (along with the special gimicks for each and every girl :S). Right now we are in the middle of waiting for the idea-developer to post every note and idea he has been working that is to be included in the new version, so there's not a whole lot we can do at the moment (other than brainstorm, of course).

Loup Garou wrote:If it sucks, it is all Alasdair's fault.... 8-)

For the sake of simplicity, let's go with that. : P

Vava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loup Garou on Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:08 am

Alastair discussed having 12 of each of the nuns/valkyrie/angels but only 3 of each would come in to play in game... randomly chosen as reward for the joker quests. I know there are 12 nuns because he had 10 before I added my 3... one of my 3 was already on his list.. so it adds to 12.. and that was teh number he was after.

But hey... I could be wrong.... or he could have changed his mind... or....

Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vava on Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:09 am

Loup Garou wrote:Alastair discussed having 12 of each of the nuns/valkyrie/angels but only 3 of each would come in to play in game... randomly chosen as reward for the joker quests. I know there are 12 nuns because he had 10 before I added my 3... one of my 3 was already on his list.. so it adds to 12.. and that was teh number he was after.

But hey... I could be wrong.... or he could have changed his mind... or....

I meant per playthrough. I was really just trying to say that Maids weren't Joker reward characters. >.>

Vava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loup Garou on Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:22 am

I am fairly sure, from what I remember of the conversation... there are a total of 9 rewards (9 joker quests)... first 3 are nuns, second 3, valkyrie, and last 3, angels.... if you finished all 9 quests. That may have been modified since then, but I know of no change, so I am thinking in terms of that discussion.

Loup Garou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top