Sim Brothel 2.1.3 Bugs

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sim Brothel 2.1.3 Bugs

Post by Raed on Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:07 am

Got an Interesting bug when I had a girl alone in a shack. She would refuse to work and a customer would come by but it would act as if someone could do the work anyways. I received money even though no one was working in the shack.

Also, Xianghua is missing a pic. Data050005.dat I believe. Maka is missing two images, not just one, Data65004.dat and Data65001.dat

And the game slows down after excessive playing. The images take longer to load for some reason. After 150 days or so of switching in and out girls to check their images, it was noticeably slower.

Last edited by Raed on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More bugs.)
Raed

View user profile http://simbro.phpbb3now.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Sim Brothel 2.1.3 Bugs

Post by Tacky on Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:30 am

Okay, I'm new to the board, so what are we to report? Are we just to try our best to break the game and tell how we managed to do it, minor or no?
Plus, since I'm new, there is enough differences between this and the original game to confuse me to distraction. Is there any sort of basic how-to for the game? As an example, I'm used to the exp point system and putting the points into each girl's stats. In this sequel, I don't see anything of the sort. How do I go leveling up their stats?
I was a fan of the old game and I'm expecting great things from this sequel. I've just now learned about it and would like to be helpful, bug-testing or otherwise. What is the best way to get up to speed? This forum seems really tiny for it to contain the answers I'm looking for, but it seems current, so I figured this to be the best way to have a couple of questions answered, even at the cost of seeming ignorant and too stupid to figure out for myself.
As another question, what language is this encoded in?
Thanks for the help. Good luck with the game. It's sure to be awesome when it's done.

Tacky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by someguy on Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:19 pm

Tacky wrote:Okay, I'm new to the board, so what are we to report? Are we just to try our best to break the game and tell how we managed to do it, minor or no?
Plus, since I'm new, there is enough differences between this and the original game to confuse me to distraction. Is there any sort of basic how-to for the game? As an example, I'm used to the exp point system and putting the points into each girl's stats. In this sequel, I don't see anything of the sort. How do I go leveling up their stats?
I was a fan of the old game and I'm expecting great things from this sequel. I've just now learned about it and would like to be helpful, bug-testing or otherwise. What is the best way to get up to speed? This forum seems really tiny for it to contain the answers I'm looking for, but it seems current, so I figured this to be the best way to have a couple of questions answered, even at the cost of seeming ignorant and too stupid to figure out for myself.
As another question, what language is this encoded in?
Thanks for the help. Good luck with the game. It's sure to be awesome when it's done.

So far it seems bugs show up through normal gameplay, but if you can figure out interesting ways to try and break the game, that works too. Just try to be as specific as possible when reporting bugs so the coders have an easier time finding them. As for a how-to, the buying and selling aspects are the same as of now. There are no weekly Jokers but there are still missions that can potentially net you new girls. For stat improvement, you need to use Styles. Styles can be found along the lower right side of a girl's stat page. In order to get one to work, you need 2 or more girls with the same Style in a building. You can either set girls into buildings via the Girls menu or the Manage menu, but only the Girls one will tell you which styles each girl has. The Manage menu is better for mass moving girls around. Once you've gotten the required number of girls in a building, you click the Buildings button and the names of the buildings you own will be along the left. Click the one you want and then on the right there's a Styles dropdown menu that you can select which style you want. Any stat boosts listed in the style you select are permanent and will affect every girl in that building whether or not they even work, and to get the best results you need to have 6 girls with the same style for the majority of them since most styles have 5 levels. The leader is the girl the customers will go after first, so you generally want a fairly obedient girl to be the leader of each building. To raise obedience is probably the toughest part, but there are 2 ways to go about it. You can either have the leader give the girls drugs, or use the Obedient style. Drugs can be used by anyone, but they cost 25 gold per building they're used in and there's no guarantee that the girl will actually use them. They offer a possible +1 to obedience but it's not guaranteed, and does not work on the leader herself. Obedient style is a guaranteed +1 to obedience from level 2 and up on everyone in the building.
A good way to get up to speed would be to chat with people when there are some in the chatbox. Anyone here would be more than happy to answer questions you have to the best of their ability. If you have more questions, go right ahead and ask. I or anyone else can try to answer them for you.
someguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raed on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:20 am

With the _090626_1 version, the more girls you have in a building, the slower it seems to get. A full central palace seems to take at least a second to load.

Raed

Back to top Go down

Post by atacii on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:43 am

Yeah, we never fully squashed the memory bug, just got most of it. The code is needlessly complex, so supervising garbage collection is almost impossible without rewriting first.

edit: the game is written in C#
atacii
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karel_II on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:41 pm

Raed wrote:With the _090626_1 version, the more girls you have in a building, the slower it seems to get. A full central palace seems to take at least a second to load.

This bug is caused, timers for refreshing Random gennerators... Sad Code was fast to much.. And generators gives same numbers... I must add some slowdown to code...

I will try to find beter way to solve this problem...

Have a nice day

Karel_II

My neznalí vedeni nevedomými, děláme nemožné pro nevděčné..
Karel_II

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tacky on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:07 pm

Okay, the fact that it takes me an eternity to post only to have it lost to cyberspace with a well-intentioned click of a button, is really getting annoying. I hope this post comes in handy.
I found a few minor bugs in the first initial playing of the game.
1) If you start a new game and then click on the Buildings menu, your list of buildings come up. If you try to click the button "Select Leader" inside the Buildings window, an error will occur if you do not have any girls in the building. After taking my time and attempting to decipher C# (a language that I will now attempt to learn), it seems that a simple 'if' statement will solve it (this function is located in BuildingsWindow.cs):

private void btLeader_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
/* Check for girls in building */
if (this.CurrentBuilding.Building_getRooms(2) == 0)
{
MessageBox.Show("There are no girls in the building right now!");
}
else
{

int num = (int)this.dgvGirlsBuilding.SelectedRows[0].Cells["NumberGirlBuilding"].Value;
this.CurrentBuilding.Building_setLeader(num);
this.Principal.Buildings[this.CurrentBuilding.Number].Building_setLeader(num);
this.AfficheInfo();
}
}

as for bug 2) After clicking on "New Game" at the Start screen, a choice of girls will appear. If you attempt to close the "Choose Character" screen, nothing will happen. The screen just won't die. Perhaps a solution would be to allow the user to exit out of that screen and return to the Start screen? Maybe the user clicked the wrong button on the Start screen, or something. Anyways, this is a minor bug that might even be a designer choice and no bug at all. If that is the case, or it is needlessly complicated to fix, I totally understand.

I hope that I have been of some assistance, and that I will be able to help more later on. I have hopes that the game will have a little more of the micromanagement from the first in the future, but that is entirely up to you. Good luck, and have fun.

Since posting, I've found another minor bug.
3) If you buy all the girls on the "Buy Girls" screen, a little message box will appear saying "No more girls" However, it is still possible to try and click "Buy girl" (because a girl's picture and information will still inhabit the screen) and, in doing so, you create an error stating: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Perhaps a way to counter this would be to gray out the Buy girl button when the MessageBox of "No more girls" is set to occur?
This bug will also occur with the Slave Market.

Last edited by Tacky on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tacky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight_Amratha on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:32 pm

after running first day report message goes:
You have to pay 2 gold for your girls and 13 gold for your buildings.
the 2 gold for your girls don't change for some reason.

Midnight_Amratha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karel_II on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:25 pm

Midnight_Amratha wrote:after running first day report message goes:
You have to pay 2 gold for your girls and 13 gold for your buildings.
the 2 gold for your girls don't change for some reason.

Fixed

Last edited by Karel_II on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Have a nice day

Karel_II

Karel_II

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karel_II on Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:31 pm

Okay, the fact that it takes me an eternity to post only to have it lost to cyberspace with a well-intentioned click of a button, is really getting annoying. I hope this post comes in handy.
I found a few minor bugs in the first initial playing of the game.

I read post... I will try fix it.. Smile

Have a nice day

Karel_II

Karel_II

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight_Amratha on Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:19 pm

i hate to be a stickler in the mud, but somehow the expences announced in information which is a fixed amount doesn't square with the amount announced after each days progress.
is there some "hidden" bonuses that makes it not applied?

Midnight_Amratha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight_Amratha on Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:37 pm

newest version: when clicking from one building to next during calculation on how many girls worked and how much income you gained there is a definite time slip between clicking the button and swapping the picture, memory issue?

Midnight_Amratha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by someguy on Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:20 am

Something's screwy with the newest release. If you buy girls in the Slave Market, more will appear for you to buy in the same instance. This also affects the normal girl buying. Sometimes there won't be any normal girls to buy despite there still being ones that haven't been bought, but a trip to the Slave Market along with buying one girl there fixes that. In the event there aren't any girls in the Slave Market that day, both it and the normal Buy Girls will take you to a blank girls form with nothing more to do than close out of it.

I've also noticed that you can select the text that appears with each building's progress in a day and scroll it like that to find out if anyone refused to work, etc. Is there any way to add a scrollbar there to access that info more easily?
someguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Buttom Mashing (Arcade Game Style)

Post by Raed on Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:33 pm

Another bug where if I mash on the next button, when the images and building reports are shown, the next image doesn't load, a box pops up and closes immediately a couple times, most likely the leader box, and a couple days pass by. I think its due to the image lag on crowded buildings, and it's just registering the mashing oddly.

Goddess style now adds 225 customers as opposed to 40.. and the 30 it originally did.. Which is fine for me, I like customers, but its a bug nevertheless. Still only uses ~40 customers though.

Skuld Randomly refused to work 200+ days in with full obedience in a clean building?

I know this is an already known issue but... I filled the Central Palace with 75 girls and it almost lags out. The screen turns white with the no-response thing on Vista, and it takes a while to come back. 20 seconds +

Typo
On a whim, I went and kept adding buildings to the Central Palace, and when it reaches 75 rooms it says "In building has no space for new room. Sad"

I think "There is no space to add anymore rooms in this building. Sad" would be better. Sorry Karel c[=

Last edited by Raed on Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:14 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : More info. Typo. Another Bug)
Raed

Back to top Go down

Post by Karel_II on Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:31 am

Raed wrote:Another bug where if I mash on the next button, when the images and building reports are shown, the next image doesn't load, a box pops up and closes immediately a couple times, most likely the leader box, and a couple days pass by. I think its due to the image lag on crowded buildings, and it's just registering the mashing oddly.

Goddess style now adds 225 customers as opposed to 40.. and the 30 it originally did.. Which is fine for me, I like customers, but its a bug nevertheless. Still only uses ~40 customers though.

Skuld Randomly refused to work 200+ days in with full obedience in a clean building?

I know this is an already known issue but... I filled the Central Palace with 75 girls and it almost lags out. The screen turns white with the no-response thing on Vista, and it takes a while to come back. 20 seconds +

Typo
On a whim, I went and kept adding buildings to the Central Palace, and when it reaches 75 rooms it says "In building has no space for new room. Sad"

I think "There is no space to add anymore rooms in this building. Sad" would be better. Sorry Karel c[=

Oka...

I have problem with windows and i must reinstall software in PC...
as soon as i solve problem with PC , i will upload some fixes...

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Have a nice day

Karel_II

Karel_II

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karel_II on Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:29 pm

Goddes add 40 girls...

Text is fixed..

I create multithread function for "lag" bug... I hope, it will be better.

But i dont know why Skuld refused work... I will try fix this next time.

Have a nice day

Karel_II

Karel_II

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimacloud123 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:12 am

Having A whole bunch of bugs when it comes to leaders. I chose Skuld as the beginner girl and i tried to get all the goddess girls in the same house and all of the except Skuld (minus the bug at the moment where she refuses to work) they refused to work even if they were leader. A couple other girls a refused for some reason or another. Also when I tried to do Goddess style i cant seem to get 40 at like the shack and the next one up.
Ultimacloud123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karel_II on Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:24 am

I find "refused" bug... In game is 2 list of girls... I try delete one of them and i have miss somethig...

Godes style add 40 girls.. but each bulding have limit because you can't put 40 peoples to one rooom... Very Happy

1 bug still survived.. Crying or Very sad If you change girls list... (buy, sell, change building) Girls refused work... Is caused wrong sync between lists...

Have a nice day

Karel_II

Karel_II

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodly on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:30 am

Recieved this one when trying to play relatively normally-had Sasami try to give drugs to raise Obedience. By the by, stat system seems to be borked-you can only add stats via style and the payment boosts. Without stats, you can't rank up.

Regardless, here's the debugging.

---

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at SimBro.Classes.Core.GameEngine.NewDay()
at SimBro.Classes.Core.GameEngine.NextClick()
at SimBro.Main.btNext_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SimBro
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/flash%20and%20games/Sim%20Brothel/SimBro.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Last edited by Bloodly on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Bloodly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sojirou on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:37 am

Ok, to start with, what's been noticed.

Obviously there's a problem with the putting new girls into a house. Doesn't matter which house you put them in to (if you have multiple houses) one new girl added means no one works in any houses for that day.

Something I didn't see mentioned.

The save function is terrible now. If you save after buying multiple girls, then reload (for whatever reason) you lose all the girls bought. The only girls that stay in your inventory list are the joker girls and the starter girl. Also, nearly all the girls but the Joker/Starter girl do not work if you make them leader (though I had Urd not work on me a few occasions when I started out with her, and she was supposed to be 100 Obedience)

As for any other complaints about stats, The girls stats aren't supposed to go up unless they're in the groups anymore, and yes, they will still level up properly, but only when their Reputation goes up, not any of the other four stats.

Just some FYI for ya...
Sojirou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodly on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:18 am

Then Reputation is also bugged: only the Leader's gaining anything by work. If the others are working, why aren't they gaining Rep.

Bloodly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimacloud123 on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:24 am

A TON of girls refuse to work if they are leader.
Ultimacloud123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodly on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:37 am

...and appear to be effectively refusing customers(7 go in, only 2 get served despite there being 5 girls) whether Leader or not, even when with high Obediance. Even the Tenchi style is ineffective at solving the problem. Effectively they're only good for adding to style.

Bloodly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Urd, Belladonna, Skuld

Post by murhagh on Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:53 pm

I know some of this has been posted but i'll share my info.

I think they broke, i tried easy and medium levels and the other 2 goddesses will never work, no matter what their obedience is. Reputation wont go up because of this. It says 40 customers in the goddess option for the theme, but only 3 per room will show up, so in the palace, which is 25 rooms, 75 will show up. I tested this and even added extra rooms, and 3 more per room showed up. Took palace to 31 rooms, and had 93 customers. ALso, so far i can never get the goddesses to work that first day either. I'm guessing the new feature you added that changes how many people can be in building compared to the amount or rooms, probably bugged the goddesses.

murhagh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimacloud123 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:46 am

Found a very interesting bug (in my opinion a cheat). If you start a fresh game and lets say you don't like the starting mission,if you go to menu then click new game,you click the difficulty 2x (already known bug) and when you start the new game you get the cash from before plus the default cash you get (ex. 1st game you had 250 then start new easy game in which you'll get the 750 making your total 1000). You will also get the building you had before.

Keep giving me new releases and ill keep giving you bug reports.
Ultimacloud123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top