Death or alive... This is a question...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Death or alive... This is a question...

Post by Karel_II on Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:40 am

Hi everybody.
Its a long time, when i made last update of code... Because, i have new work and a less time.

I like tell some thinks for thought.

This project need more people for dev... If you look on other working project, they have more than 5 peoples.

We need dev team, no one guy, which make whole project live..

This game need story, engine, game rulles, graphics and concept...

Have a nice day

Karel_II

My neznalí vedeni nevedomými, děláme nemožné pro nevděčné..
Karel_II

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Death or alive... This is a question...

Post by RoninKai on Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:50 am

I really would like to see this project come back to life. I don't really know much coding which I know is the hard part (I'm learning little by little but I've never worked with .net framework before) but I'd like to help anywhere I can.

I'm pretty good at scouting out pictures on the net but my real talent so far is authoring. I write fanfiction in my spare time and when I'm at work or just bored I tend to think up cool ideas I'd like to see implemented into games. I could beta do some beta work on any stories that have been decided on or come up with a few brand new ones (I already have at least 5 different scenarios I've been working with) or help brainstorm on some cool features to make the game more dynamic and interesting. So if my admittedly limited talents could help out this project in any way I say here and now that I would like to help out.
RoninKai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karel_II on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:04 am

Thanks... I must check, what i can make with this forum... Because, i dont have moderator status..

Have a nice day

Karel_II

Karel_II

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by No-Nothing on Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:31 pm

Hi, Karel II!

It seemed to me that some kind of dev-team is already here! Some of Members look really busy with their particular part of work. I have read one post here at this forum where they told there’s even another team working on Sim Brothel-3 lead by alasdair69.
here the post: Re: SimBro_Release_v2.1.4_100131_TEST
one of team who works over graphics: Loup Garou

Read this post by randomito
Re: simbro - 2010-05-24-001
This man want to help you out with coding.
He has experimented with the code and even posted releases.

What relationship are you with the webmaster in, may be he/she helps you all guys gather together?
No-Nothing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kezhael on Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:00 pm

Yes, you certainly do need multiple people working on something, particularly if you want to make it a relatively ambitious project. But you also need coordination and organization. You need leadership as well as development workers. And you need people to have a sense that this is a project that's alive and their work is really going to amount to something.

For whatever my thoughts on the matter are worth, and if I may make a suggestion here, I think that I would personally try to organize it like this:

1. Your main developers, the people who are currently heading the project, should be a driving force behind this and should be the key decision makers, with help from others as various things are discussed regarding the direction of the game, its development, and whether or not things are going to be included, etc. Those people should also be involved in various aspects of the work in a hands-on way, helping out and getting things done.

2. You need to look at the different aspects of the game that have to get worked on. Code, Images (including girls, buildings, anything with pictures), Stories, Interface (including game play), Design (think of this as the overall feel of the game, what you can do, how it plays from beginning to end). You may consider breaking various aspects of this down into things such as people who specifically work on buildings, people who specifically work on girls, people who specifically work on styles, etc. These can be included in the design, as overalls, but they're rather large areas that would be better served by having dedicated people working on each aspect of them, rather than just putting one crew of people out to sea in areas that include so many large topics.

3. You need to have leadership in place for each "department". These people need to be able to communicate, both with the top end developers, and with the people in their departments, as well as with people in other departments. Or, more specifically, someone who's at the top of the chain in design would need to be able to talk to the key developers to discuss the ideas that have been passed around for the game's design, get approval for the things that the developers wish them to go forward with, and then they need to bring this to everyone working on design under them. Delegate tasks to the appropriate people (from putting in new styles to developing new "take a walk" scenarios and on down the list) and then continue to get back with these people and make sure that the work gets done in whatever time-frame is set. As this is going on, the leader of the design team is also going to need to speak with people from other departments. Convey to the leader of the interface team some of the things going on there, in case there is a need to add new functions to the interface. Talk to the people who are searching for images and let them know what is being added and what you need. That's a HUGE part of this. Is making sure everyone is talking, everyone is up to speed, etc.

4. You need to have people who are dedicated to the project from top to bottom, who are going to spend the time necessary to do the work and who are also going to spend the time keeping up on the forums so they get the information they need from their leads and from each other. People who can stay on top of the changes coming in and who can enjoy what they're doing enough to stay on it and get it done.

That's not nearly all of it. But it's a good start. Again, this is just my opinion and how I would personally proceed with this.

Kezhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karel_II on Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:40 pm

Its a good idea..

But i am not main dev from begining... I join the team, when dev of this game was frozen. And i want make some improvemenst of bugy code and make this game playable..
I am not leader. I am only guy with some knowledges in C# programing.

Have a nice day

Karel_II

Karel_II

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kezhael on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:19 pm

Karel_II wrote:Its a good idea..

But i am not main dev from begining... I join the team, when dev of this game was frozen. And i want make some improvemenst of bugy code and make this game playable..

Well, is the main dev coming back? I mean, is it realistic that he will? Has he been gone so long, by this point, that you feel it's viable that the other people who are continuing to work on this can begin to make decisions and do more with the project to make it grow? Think about those things and answer them for yourself. If you can conclude that the time has come to step up and make a go at this, then that means that decisions have to be made. Otherwise, continue waiting. *shrugs helplessly*

If you do believe that it's time for someone to take the helm and steer the project, but don't feel that you're the person to do that, consider your other options and find people who you think can get things moving, who can stay on top of things, who can be successful and guide people into making this game everything that it could be. Smile

I'm sorry if parts of this seem bossy. I don't mean them to. It's just that this really is a very fun game with a lot of potential. It seems like a damn shame to have it just sit and idle with no true advancement or development in the works.

Kezhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RoninKai on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:34 am

Could we perhaps set a limit? If the main dev team doesn't get back in the game in say a couple weeks we take over and go with whatever route we choose? I'd say keep a copy of the code as it is somewhere and we can work on something that we like, make it the way that makes sense to us. I for one know I have enough ideas for 3 games rolling through my head and that's after allocating most of my brain for classwork.
RoninKai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karel_II on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:50 am

I dont know, when... I am part of this project cca 1 year.
Poolka has left this project before cca two years, i think..

Have a nice day

Karel_II

Karel_II

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karel_II on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:56 am

RoninKai wrote:Could we perhaps set a limit? If the main dev team doesn't get back in the game in say a couple weeks we take over and go with whatever route we choose? I'd say keep a copy of the code as it is somewhere and we can work on something that we like, make it the way that makes sense to us. I for one know I have enough ideas for 3 games rolling through my head and that's after allocating most of my brain for classwork.

I am last member of old team, i think... Because after i dont have time for programing, project was stoped for a long time. If you want rebuild this game its no problem...

Rebuild this game is better than lost this project...

Have a nice day

Karel_II

Karel_II

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karel_II on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:00 am

Kezhael wrote:
Karel_II wrote:Its a good idea..

Well, is the main dev coming back? I mean, is it realistic that he will? Has he been gone so long, by this point, that you feel it's viable that the other people who are continuing to work on this can begin to make decisions and do more with the project to make it grow? Think about those things and answer them for yourself. If you can conclude that the time has come to step up and make a go at this, then that means that decisions have to be made. Otherwise, continue waiting. *shrugs helplessly*

If you do believe that it's time for someone to take the helm and steer the project, but don't feel that you're the person to do that, consider your other options and find people who you think can get things moving, who can stay on top of things, who can be successful and guide people into making this game everything that it could be. Smile

I'm sorry if parts of this seem bossy. I don't mean them to. It's just that this really is a very fun game with a lot of potential. It seems like a damn shame to have it just sit and idle with no true advancement or development in the works.

I want help with this project, but i dont want leed... I am not leader.. And i dont have time for this...
Waiting is useless... I was wait 4 moths..

Have a nice day

Karel_II

Karel_II

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RoninKai on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:03 am

Well fuck it then we need to stop talking about all this stuff and DO something. I say we put a call out to anyone with coding experience that can help. Hell we could even use people with no coding experience but who are good researchers to go find code already written for some of this I know it's out there.

First plan of action is to make some key decisions. The way I see it the list goes something like this:

1. Are we going to keep Sim Bro 2 and build up from there or do we scrap it and start fresh. The positives of building from what we have is that we already have a strong foundation to work on with some pretty decent code already. The downside being that we would pretty much have to stick to what's already been done unless we want to scrap it and start fresh.

2. As was suggested before we need leadership of some sort, right now we have too many Indian's and not enough chiefs instead of the other way around. We need someone the head up the coding, artwork, story, and maybe someone for research which would include looking up information, making sure things historically accurate (if such a thing is needed), pictures needed, ect. Don't get it twisted though, the job of the leaders is not to 'lead' per se, it's more to make sure that what needs getting done gets done. The coding leader needs to make sure that 2 coders aren't working on the same script (unless that's what needs doing) and that the important scripts get done before the fluffy ones. If we wanted to go a step further and really look professional we would also need an overall leader, call him the project leader to coordinate with the other heads and too keep track of information, making sure that whoever needs what gets it. As an after thought we could even have a head of audio cause to make anything better you add a killer soundtrack, no ifs ands or butts about that. Plus a good soundtrack is key to making something emotional and enthralling, just think of how many games you've played that you just couldn't get into cause the music sucked.

3. We need to know the direction the game is going. Do we keep it simple as it has been or do we try to take it in a whole new direction? Do we give it an actual story or just leave it as a sort of blank slate? As far as keeping it simple with a little more code work, some more pics, finish editing the ones we have, and make sure that all of the buttons and functions are working properly and bang we have a finished product that would still be good. I personally say fuck 'good', I say we make this thing epic. I say we give it a story, no fuck a story. I say we give it life. With a little work we could make something that people actually invest feeling into instead of a 5 minute wank.

4. Once we know where the game is going then we will get more questions to answer but until we answer number 3. we can't even BEGIN to think about those, it would just be wasted effort.

If we can get those 4 things we can put new life into this project and I believe we could make something epic. In fact just out of curiosity I'm going to make a thread here asking for anyone who really wants in on this project to speak up, see how many people want to/can help with it.
RoninKai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by randomito on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:18 pm

actually I am a bit more puzzled every day :-D

Last time I asked for help with one feature I was essentially told that a dev team was already in place and that I should just hold still until a version is released. See thread http://sim-brothel-v2.bigforumpro.com/suggestions-f6/screen-for-managing-brothels-t314.htm , but maybe I misunderstood as I am not a native english speaker :-P

I have made a shot at the take a walk function as well but feedback was very little and the request for a sample story with sample images was not very successful either.

So my question again : is there development and/or design work going on ? if yes, can we contribute ?

again, maybe somebody already answered and I was just to thick to get it ;-)

randomito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RoninKai on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:53 pm

Ok so it looks like Vava and Lupe Garou and a few more people are working on a Java version of the game. Maybe it's a completely side project but I haven't found any rock solid info other than those threads right there. All I know is that they have apparently nearly 1000 girls and we have what, just over a couple hundred? Just over A hundred? I forget at the moment.

So the new question then becomes do people try to join the Java project or do we bring new life back into this one? I'd say if you know Java go try to help them if you know C# or C++ stick with us. Besides I'm starting a C# at college in a few days here so I should be able to help a little with the coding.
RoninKai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by No-Nothing on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:33 pm

Hei, randomito!

I’m not sure about Sim Brothel-3 (Java). But like being turned out out of this topic for Sim Brothel-2 no dev at all. More precisely put - no dev for some months by this time till approx. today or yesterday. Thus you want to offer your contribution in this topic, I guess:

ATTENTION! CALLING ALL ABLE BODIES! PLEASE READ! IMPORTANT!
No-Nothing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RoninKai on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:26 pm

Yes please do! Anyone with skills at least leave a message so we can get a good idea of what we have to work with in case this project does take off again. I been talking to some people about management and organization and I believe that we can work something out relatively quickly since we already have a good foundation to work from.
RoninKai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RyuHayabusha on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:17 pm

I'd be more then happy to help as an author if you still need/want one, but I would like some help or if you have one would like to help with the process

RyuHayabusha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheratz on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:38 pm

Well i tried to find some info on the java sim brothel forum but they haven't made any new version of the game and there is no java version avalible, their java thread is empty and they are currently talking about girl list http://simbrothel2.forumotion.com/t67-mars-needs-women

Sheratz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowclone on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:35 am

Wish i had found this game a long time ago, it rocks.
I think that the original version is better in many ways also.
For one, it has a full screen. Ability to really manage each girl like you are the pimp, not have a style.
Basically, take the original, and add a ton more pics/gifs and if possible hentai endings of each girl.
Allow for twosomes and other crazy stuff.
Please keep this alive. SB2 could be the best hentai game ever.
My best to you man, keep this alive!

shadowclone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ss1123 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Hello, it is sad that SimBrothel2 development team is down (is it really?)
They (the developer) is like my mentor because "they really like SimBrothel until they make a new one for it" (because of that I'm also doing the same thing)

I'm currently creating a similar game that was really really inspired by these SimBrothel both version 1 and 2. I didnt name it SimBrothel because I dont know who has the right to use this name in the first place

Anyway, lets cut to the main point. I'm currently developing a game inspired by SimBrothel (a manager of a brothel). If you play the game, you will realize its drift from the original but trust me, the reason is because I put too much idea into the SimBrothel until it become a very different game

This game current version is 1.1 and I'm planning to release next version. Before I start to recruit dev team (which I think I start to need cause I'm a single developer) I would like you guys to test and give a response to it first. If any one interested, then further discussion can be made

As for the game URL and info. I cannot post external link or email within 7 days. So simply google "misbro blogspot" and it will show in the first page bounce

ss1123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SirKaid on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:41 am

Looks good, but there are a few areas that it could be improved. The one that really sticks out in my mind is the image selection. From what I've seen there aren't very many pics for any of the girls, nor do the images correspond to the mission given. Adding more images and making the image shown fit the mission would greatly improve my enjoyment of the game.

Also, is there a list somewhere of the girls available, or possibly somewhere to suggest new girls or send you images?

SirKaid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ss1123 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:32 am

Each slave has 50 images.
Level 10 - 19 = Unlock 10 images
Level 20 - 29 = Unlock 20 images
...and so on until 50 images

Putting images that fit the mission will be very nice. But I have huge problem in pic hunting because I want to focus is programming. Pics hunting cost me too much time rather than the programming it self >.<

So yeah, if I want people to participate in developing this game, the first thing is the slave images.

List of girls
No list of girls, you can give me any girls you want. But I'm very sure you need to find a popular girls to display image that relate with the mission. There is 6 type of mission so its like 50x6=300 images

To send images
Simply upload it into website like 2shared.com and give the URL here or email me at ss1123 at mail.com

Im waiting for other reply because I want to know does this Simbrothel2 development is going to revive. If yes, I dont want to interrupt and go else where

ss1123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CorbinekTheRebirth on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:15 am

RoninKai wrote:Yes please do! Anyone with skills at least leave a message so we can get a good idea of what we have to work with in case this project does take off again. I been talking to some people about management and organization and I believe that we can work something out relatively quickly since we already have a good foundation to work from.

I have some C# programming skills but not a lot. I've taken one class so i know the basics and some more advanced coding if i can help at all i'd be willing to but, i wont guarantee anything huge i would be able to put forth
CorbinekTheRebirth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:57 pm

I think that the best idea is continuous on the same way the only changes would be an improuvment of the number&quality of the girl and then fix some bugs...nothing else
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironvein on Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:38 pm

I have some programming experience, although it mainly c++.

Your Mission Brothel game menus are not very intuitive and it doesn't feel so much like running a brothel as running a slut school. Paying for things with two types of currency is counter intuitive as well. Why was costing money and rep points important?

Ironvein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top