ATTENTION! CALLING ALL ABLE BODIES! PLEASE READ! IMPORTANT!

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ATTENTION! CALLING ALL ABLE BODIES! PLEASE READ! IMPORTANT!

Post by RoninKai on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:15 am

Ok everyone so I don't know about any of you but I REALLY want to bring this back to life. The purpose of this post is to get an idea of exactly how many people we have that not only want to help with this project but have the skills to do so.

What I'm looking for is anyone with coding experience (C,C+,C# if what I've read is accurate) anyone with photoshop type experience that can help with the editing of pictures. Anyone with any sort of audio experience that can not only find but edit some good music for this game, possibly sound effects as well. I'm also looking for any authors out there for a storyline. I personally would like to see this project become something epic and for that we need story, not just for the 'main character(s) but possibly for some or all of the girls. Lastly I'm looking for good web researchers. I know that with a little work on Google I've yet to come across something that I couldn't learn about be it basic coding, how to edit music, hell even how to grow my penis size in 3 weeks guaranteed. Researchers don't need to be skilled in any of the other areas and their only job is to hunt the net for anything useful be it pre-written code or simply ideas and pictures.

Now I'm not in charge of the project, hell I've only been around for about 2 weeks now. I am however very interested in this project. This thread is to get an idea for just how may people there are that can and will help if the call goes out. If you are interested leave a message here detailing what skills that could help this project you have, you don't need to include years known or any of that, this isn't an interview but as I say there is no such this as too much information so the more you can provide the better.
RoninKai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATTENTION! CALLING ALL ABLE BODIES! PLEASE READ! IMPORTANT!

Post by Karel_II on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:26 am

C++, C#, PHP, some debuging skills and some experience with networks...

Have a nice day

Karel_II

My neznalí vedeni nevedomými, děláme nemožné pro nevděčné..
Karel_II

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghych on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:01 pm

I don't do any coding or other programming, at least not since old basic but I do dabble in 3D graphics. I love the hentai girls as much as all the others who've played or worked on this game but if you're looking for some life or pep, animations are a way to go. I don't know of many animation files out there for the existing girls but I am attaching a link for a quickie animation that I worked up for fun.

filefactory.com Alisha_3_sec_Blowjob.avi
Ghych

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by heavyscythe06 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:35 pm

I've Got c, C++ and some photoshop experience and I'm interested in this project as well

heavyscythe06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RoninKai on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:40 pm

I
don't do any coding or other programming, at least not since old basic
but I do dabble in 3D graphics. I love the hentai girls as much as all
the others who've played or worked on this game but if you're looking
for some life or pep, animations are a way to go. I don't know of many
animation files out there for the existing girls but I am attaching a
link for a quickie animation that I worked up for fun.

Hmmm 3D. Well I saw what the 3D did to the take a walk function in one of the test games and while it was cool it looked really weird. Downloading your sample now however. Just hope it plays on this piece of crap little lifebook *kicks the fujitsu life* NUUUUUU! I'm sorry baby don't be mad! Hey that's actually pretty damned good. Did you make the model's as well or did you just animate them? If you did make the models would it possible to make a couple of the girls we already have and animate a few scenes? Again this is just testing the waters so don't go diving head first, believe me I know how much of a bitch 3D modling and animating can be as I been trying to teach myself for about 4 months now with little success (Can't get past the rigging stage lol)

I've Got c, C++ and some photoshop experience and I'm interested in this project as well

That is awesome, one coder already. I have a little photpshop experience as well (mostly for my multimedia class I'm taking right now) but code is what we really need.
RoninKai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kezhael on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:49 pm

It's heartening, I suppose, to see people trying to rally to do something here. There's an underlying worry, however, in that there seems to be no real plan in place, no set structuring, or any real communication from the one person left from the "in charge" group and those who wish to see something happen here.

Yes, progress needs to be made. But progress made at the expense of proper planning isn't progress. It's disaster waiting to happen. If you're not careful, you're going to set up for failure by running into things blindly, or by having too many chiefs and not enough indians, or by simply trying to build something with no structured foundation. So I would suggest taking a breath, taking a step back, and not rushing into this just now. The house needs to be cleaned and straightened up before anyone invites company over.

Kezhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelius on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:49 pm

C#, C++, PHP, Perl, Delphi
Some photoshop experience...
Got the idea to meke something between Sim Brothel and Artificial Girl 3 =) but this is only plans right now...
Angelius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RoninKai on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:23 pm

Never played AG 3 tho I tried to get in a number of times, this POS computer wont run much more than the internet and Sim Bro 2 as it is now. Nevertheless another coder, awesome. I think we might actually be making some progress here. Now if we can get some story people and graphic artists I think we could get somewhere.
RoninKai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelius on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:40 pm

I think we can move project from current state... For example make game engine, where we will add some graphics later...
For example random encounters does not need any graphics to start with... Same goes for dolls AI...
Angelius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RoninKai on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:51 pm

This is true and the reason I haven't tried to get anything moving yet is that with any project we need to see what we have, then we can look into what we need to not only get this ting moving but to keep it moving. Resources are the building blocks of any project without them we have nothing.

So as of right now we have 3 coders, at least 2 people with some photoshop experience for the graphics, at least one author (me) and possibly another, and even a 3D modeler/animator. We also have all version of the source code available to us and a buttload of ideas.

I'd say yeah we have at least enough coders out there right now to work on the foundation but I'd like to get someone with some audio editing experience on board as I have very little experience when it comes to that though I might be able to make something work.

I'd say the next step would be to assign some heads and get an inner council of sorts in place to make all the big decisions and decide where this project will go, that's step one. No use building a bridge then realizing we needed stairs.
RoninKai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelius on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:58 pm

I got some experience in sound editing and mixing... but that was long ago.. used Sony Soundforge v5 (2005-2006)...
Angelius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RoninKai on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:01 am

Well all we'd really need is someone to take the parts of whatever songs we like and cut them into bite sized pieces that will fit snugly into the game like all other games do. What I really hope to get is someone who has an ear for what music will portray the right mood that we're trying to create, if I can't find that I'll take someone who just has a knack for picking some awesome sounding music lol. Like I say if you can't get the right mood music you can never go wrong with just plain awesome music!...write that down ^^ lol
RoninKai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelius on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:12 am

RoninKai wrote:Well all we'd really need is someone to take the parts of whatever songs we like and cut them into bite sized pieces that will fit snugly into the game like all other games do.
I can do that...
RoninKai wrote:What I really hope to get is someone who has an ear for what music will
portray the right mood that we're trying to create, if I can't find
that I'll take someone who just has a knack for picking some awesome
sounding music lol. Like I say if you can't get the right mood music you
can never go wrong with just plain awesome music!...write that down ^^
lol
That's harder, but possible...
Angelius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RoninKai on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:17 am

Indeed. I've got a pretty good sense of music myself but I wouldn't call it professional or anything. Most I've ever been able to do with a song is to cut the vocal out and record them myself, not that I can actually sing mind you but it was a fun project. The music will probably be pretty easy and we can work on that as we progress with other things, you know keep your ear open for anything that even MIGHT be what we're looking for. Mostly old Japanese tunes. Some sappy and sad but also a fair amount of happy upbeat stuff. I'm more concerned with the coding and the story right now. Graphics music and all that other fluffy stuff can come later.
RoninKai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelius on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:25 am

Graphics music and all that other fluffy stuff can come later.
Indeed, I think first place is to creating of randomness, that will make game more unique every time you play...
Perhabs, make player more interact character, not just one of dolls... may be it should have futa-things...
Angelius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RoninKai on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:30 am

Exactly that's the direction I'd like to go. If we keep the story it has now all it is is a bunch of buttons you push and sliders you move to get to H pics and wank it for a few minutes. I'd like to make that aspect secondary, make this game fun not because of the H but because it does have that is better. Maybe make it an option hmmm...
RoninKai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelius on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:35 am

Yep, that's the point... Not just math + clicking, but interaction with world!
Angelius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred U. Derf on Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:18 am

Java, HaXe, C++, Haskell, Scheme, SML.

Fred U. Derf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chilly Random on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:56 am

Hey, I'm kinda new so just thought I'd ask, but has anyone considered a pre-built stable game engine like say Ren'Py SDK, Game Maker, Unity, or hell just for the sake of argument the Unreal 3 engine. The last time I DL'ed the game it looked like it was based off of an over complex VB script. With a stable engine you could for instance concentrate more on game play/graphics and less on getting the thing to work. I remember the first game was built in Flash and was pretty good but limited because of the amount of direct scripting it would need for a lot of functions to become fully formed.

Also I am versed in: (Graphics) Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Flash, Inkscape, Corel, (3d modeling/animation) Lightwave, Maya, Blender, (Programing) VB, Pythone, Java, GM scripting, Some C++, (sound) Audacity, Melodyne, and am well versed in small scale and industrial game design and engineering. Although I still have trouble spelling so please forgive and typos.
Chilly Random

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghych on Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:38 am

Did you make the model's as well or did you just animate them? If you
did make the models would it possible to make a couple of the girls we
already have and animate a few scenes?

I use the DAZ3D program and have several base models to choose from. Each of the base models can be easily modified to be younger, older, more or less endowed, fat, skinny, athletic, etc. Even the facial features are mutable. I will work on making some girls as close to some of the existing H-girls as I can and do a few short animations over the next week or so. I'll post them as I go along.

Again this is just testing the waters so don't go diving head first,
believe me I know how much of a bitch 3D modling and animating can be as
I been trying to teach myself for about 4 months now with little
success (Can't get past the rigging stage lol)

I've been playing with this thing off and on for a year or so just to amuse myself. Now I have a reason to play with it.
Ghych

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dredian on Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:11 am

Hey, I'm new here (though I've been sort of following the progress [and lack thereof] of the game), though if you need someone to write a story/scenarios, I have some decent experience in that field.
dredian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blackimp on Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:32 pm

Knowledge of C++, Python, Caml, basic use of paint.net and quite good pic searcher. I can learn other code languages if needed.

( question , if we go on this project, what do we do with the "Version
3" of Vava and Loup-Garou if it is released? i'd honestly rather unite all efforts ( and i kinda like their girl system) )

blackimp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by heavyscythe06 on Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:25 am

Does anyone have a link to the latest source code for this project. I was hoping to try and see it, so I have a good idea what we have to work with.

heavyscythe06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorick on Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:31 am

I have a decent amount of photoshop (but not really anything else) so if you need it i can do most photoshop tasks you need done

i loved the original and want a good new one made!!

Yorick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RoninKai on Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:21 am

Hey everyone I know I been silent for almost a week now but trust me it's for a good cause! I would like to thank every single person who has posted here offering help with this project.

Ok now to business. The reason I've been absent for the past few days is because me and a couple others have been throwing some ideas around, hitting them with bats, then hitting each other with the bats (though I'm not quite sure what good that last part does but hey we're getting some damned good ideas from it so eh *shrug* ). The end result of all those knocks to the head are some ideas for improving upon the Sim Bro series. Right now I'm not sure if it'll end up just being an updated Sim Bro V2 or an entirely new game all together but the plan is to go where Sim Bro never even thought to go, straight to awesomeville, capital of the state of Badass.

Now please don't go begging for details as I really don't have any at the moment, it's a lot of concept work and running some ideas through a meat grinder until we get something that looks like SPAM at the moment but what I will say is that progress is being made and improvements in all areas are coming faster than we can turn into anything useful.

Is Sim Bro V2 dead? I don't know only Karel_II can answer that one. What exactly is it we're doing? Trying to keep a legend alive. Is drinking 2 pots of VERY strong Italian roast coffee a bad idea? Probably, but it gets the job done. Are the Boondock Saints the most fucking amazing thing ever? You bet yer ass they are. Has everyone who offered to spend their free time helping a project they love so much just wasted their time by reading and replying to this post? No. One thing I promise is that as soon as we reach a certain point we will be asking you all for help, just give us some time to get to that point first so we have something solid to work with that we can say 'THIS is the direction this is going'.
RoninKai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum