why new girls?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

why new girls?

Post by Midnight_Amratha on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:03 pm

i may be throwing myself to the sharks by asking that question, but honestly i don't see much idea in adding girls if you are not going to see them past the purchase unless you keep micromanaging them to become leader of the house. On that note, would it be possible to have a button to view the "progress" of the girls in the house by clicking it? for each new day when you see the progress of the leader in each house, maybe have an "expand" button to show the other girls in the single house and what their work of the day was?

i seem to remember a game called Master of Orion. the first version was simplistic yet popular. Version two was more detailed and vastly more micromanagerial and also a lot more popular seeing as that was what people wanted. The third version was a long time in the cooking pot, they had removed the micromanagement almost totally and as a result it totally flopped, it turned out they had removed the "god"-aspect by removing micromanagement.

The idea of taking a "street-trash" girl and turn her into a sex-goddess by YOUR effort is mostly the same idea as the one behind MoO. The developers behind MoO 3 was of the "American Board-game School" which preaches that no boardgame are allowed to take more than one hour because that means people loose interest in playing, which may be right if you have mum and dad playing with kids but is utterly faulty if you have dedicated players focused on having fun.

i accept the idea of a lot of people not wanting the entire micromanagement back into the game by default, but how about making it an option to view the progress, and perhaps infusing that kind of control by letting people monitor that progress, it will let people move the girls around if they are not developing the way you may want them to. incidentally will also give the option of watching the pictures of the girls you have so painstakingly worked on putting into the game.

feel free to shoot at me for these opinions Very Happy

Midnight_Amratha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: why new girls?

Post by Tacky on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:14 pm

I agree. More is not always better. Quality over quantity. Or at least not sacrificing the former to please the latter. A little more micromanagement would be appreciated from me, too. The game is a little bland without it. Like those fluffy cakes, the ones with all the sickly sweet whipped cream frosting, but very little actually 'cake.' While a cake without frosting is not all that great, neither is the frosting without the cake. You need the mixture of both for goodness.
Basically, I agree with almost everything you said, Midnight.

Tacky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Fox on Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:40 pm

Wow, I was wondering whether somebody would bring that up. I agree with you all. I don't like the idea of only being able to see the leader's scenes.

So how about adding a toggle option of whether you want to see the h-scenes or progress of each individual girl. I haven't checked the latest version, but can you add a simple menu window or textbox to see a full list of all girl's daily progress at the end of the day, but of course the player is not required to see it.

Twisted Fox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karel_II on Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:49 pm

Twisted Fox wrote:Wow, I was wondering whether somebody would bring that up. I agree with you all. I don't like the idea of only being able to see the leader's scenes.

So how about adding a toggle option of whether you want to see the h-scenes or progress of each individual girl. I haven't checked the latest version, but can you add a simple menu window or textbox to see a full list of all girl's daily progress at the end of the day, but of course the player is not required to see it.

Please be patient... We rebuilding main engine of game and removing bugs... We started improving game when we remove main bugs... Suspect Suspect

Have a nice day

Karel_II

My neznalí vedeni nevedomými, děláme nemožné pro nevděčné..
Karel_II

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimacloud123 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:58 am

Hey Karel,just curious but will you be adding new girls if we do the work ourselves to get resources?
Ultimacloud123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by atacii on Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:39 am

I will add them myself.

This does not mean it will be done immediately as rebuilding the main game engine will most likely include changing the way girls are represented in the code.

But anyways, if you gather the resources they will eventually be put to use.
atacii
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimacloud123 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:20 am

Oh okay,thanks for correcting me. I think it would be nice to see every 10 updates added girls just to see if the game can handle it fine but it is just my opinion.
Ultimacloud123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperecchi on Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:55 am

.... we shall have 1000 girls! MUAUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Hyperecchi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight_Amratha on Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:20 am

how does that phrase go:

A 1000 girls were launched to win back .....?

Midnight_Amratha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperecchi on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:39 am

I just think we should keep adding and adding... and even update how many pictures... LOL we end up having this game finished and be a 12 gig install. LOL would be awesome. Wonder if we can add moving .gif files for pictures? would be cool. I'm going over and getting a lot of high quality pics for new girls and to update old ones right now as well. hope i can be of some help!
Hyperecchi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimacloud123 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:03 am

LOL no way I would be dling a 12 gig game. I dont have the patience and barely have patience to dl a 1 gig game thats full 3D. No the onlt way that I would dl this game if it reached over a gig if it was a full 3D game! (not necessarily with the anime/game girls)
Ultimacloud123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skuld on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:03 am

Why not making different packs:

- A main pack including the game itself + joker girls + some other girls
- Additionnal girl packs

The main pack should have at least 6 girls of each style (not counting anime/game-specific styles like Naruto, Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, etc...) so that the player can already have a full level 5 in any of these styles.

The additionnal packs should have girls from a specific anime/game/theme like Negima or Pokemon and, if possible, add that anime/game/theme as a new style.

That way, those who don't want to DL an I-don't-know-how-many gig game will just DL the main pack. Those who only want girls from a specific anime/game/theme will only need to DL the corresponding pack. And for those who want all the additionnal girls at once, we could make a huge pack. Plus, they can still play the game while DLing the additionnal packs.
Skuld
Admin

View user profile http://sim-brothel-v2.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raed on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:21 am

lol. Clever way to go about all the new girls, Skuld. How many girls can we possibly add though? It couldn't possibly get much bigger, and the separation of the game makes it more complicated. I do like the idea though, you could have packs set for other things, like taking out lolis and whatnot. I personally don't mind lolis, but the point remians valid.
Raed

View user profile http://simbro.phpbb3now.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimacloud123 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:44 am

In my opinion it would be to much trouble to make packs,we only have a workforce of a handful of people with their own job. I don't think this game would get that huge in the long run. At most I would guess about 200-400 megs.
Ultimacloud123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by atacii on Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:32 am

We rescale images so the program doesn't have to do it at runtime. So, ~115 girls' images is a little over 10mb right now. It would be a feat to get it to 200mb much less however many gigs.
atacii
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karel_II on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:21 pm

atacii wrote:We rescale images so the program doesn't have to do it at runtime. So, ~115 girls' images is a little over 10mb right now. It would be a feat to get it to 200mb much less however many gigs.

Some little point : 1 girl have loading cca 5 ms ... 115 ... half of second... If we want search in this list, this action get some time...

Now... We talking about 200mb ... cca 2200 girls... This matches 10 seconds for each action...

This have 2 solution... Add annoying please wait window or rebuilding this game as multithreading aplication..

scratch scratch

Have a nice day

Karel_II

My neznalí vedeni nevedomými, děláme nemožné pro nevděčné..
Karel_II

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimacloud123 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:30 pm

I didn't think about that which explains how the game is so tiny with all those images. Resizing and compressing is such sweet technology!
Ultimacloud123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tacky on Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:16 pm

Back a little to the suggestions of "girl packs ..."
I think that's a good idea. Maybe what could happen is that you load a different pack at the start of the game. For example, when you download the actual game, it comes standard with a pack called Stdpack or something like that, with 100 girls in it. When they start the game, along with choosing which of the three girls they want as the leader, they pick which pack they want to play with too, like a deck of girls, or something. They could pick the standard pack, or another downloaded pack, or maybe make their own "custom deck." Unfortunately, I realize that something like this would require a lot of planning and effort, and it's something that wouldn't be realized for a long, long time, if ever. It's just a way so that one wouldn't have to deal with a thousand girls in the same game (which would probably be kind of annyoing), having only a hundred (only ... geez), and would still allow players to play with a thousand girls, again, just not in the same play. Like, as an awful example, different decks of trading card games. You can only have so many in one deck and you can only play with one deck at a time, but depending on your mood or whatever, you still have thousands of cards to choose from, to modify your deck with, all before the match game begins, of course.
Again, I don't see it happening for a long time, if ever, but it's an idea, so that you can still add girls without smothering the game.

Tacky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimacloud123 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:16 pm

If there is going to be packs I want the Ultima pack which has EVERY girl in all the packs!
Ultimacloud123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raed on Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:45 am

Regardless whether or not we do that, The Negima girls definitely should be a stand alone set. (If they're added) 30+ from Negima would get annoying in standard play. c[=
Raed

View user profile http://simbro.phpbb3now.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Fox on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:43 pm

Raed wrote:Regardless whether or not we do that, The Negima girls definitely should be a stand alone set. (If they're added) 30+ from Negima would get annoying in standard play. c[=

Don't worry about that. I am working on the negima girls and only about 10 have pictures even so that shouldn't be a problem.

Twisted Fox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightblade on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:23 pm

Ultimacloud123 wrote:Hey Karel,just curious but will you be adding new girls if we do the work ourselves to get resources?

Rescources? like Images that go along with the girls.

Nightblade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotf on Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:00 pm

Could you also have a pack for western animation girls?

Kotf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShiningRadiance on Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:20 pm

Kotf wrote:Could you also have a pack for western animation girls?
Like the simpsons?

Yeah, no, that would be a bad idea.
ShiningRadiance
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperecchi on Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:28 am

we wont need to look hard for marge. she's october's playboy playmate!
Hyperecchi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top