WHICH FORUM???!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WHICH FORUM???!!

Post by lokboomer on Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:25 am

hey guys i this thread is pretty self explanatory so i will jump right in! WHICH FORUM ARE WE USING FOR SIM BROTHEL!?? I have found about 3 different forums, this one, this one http://simbro.phpbb3now.com/ , and this one http://simbrothel2.forumotion.com/ there are probably more and idk which one we are using and if we have another update or what.
So which forum are we using and is this project dead?

lokboomer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WHICH FORUM???!!

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:34 am

I actually have no idea that others existed. I'm now too interested in which is used more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vava on Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:27 am

From what I've been told, there was hardly a unified front as far as the project was concerned. The shortened story is something like:

The original creator of SimBrothel made Version 2. However, due to personal reasons (I remember him citing unemployment; mind you this was years ago), he could no longer spend time working on it and the project was left more or less in the hands of whoever wanted to take it up. I don't remember all the details after that; it all just seemed to blur together for the next few years (I should have been paying more attention, but I only decided to take an active interest in the game just last year :<)...

Anyway, the project has died off in a sense. However, it would be more accurate to say that it has branched off into multiple projects independent of one another (for the most part). You've provided links to two of such projects, and there are probably several more to be found on the 'net, some made by groups and some made by lone individuals, but I haven't been keeping on top of that at all. I can say, however, that this forum is probably running a little low on interaction...

All in all, choosing which project to follow is ultimately up to you. If you want to follow either of the two you posted links for, or if you want to search around on the 'net to find one more fitting to your tastes, or if you even want to start a project of your own, you decide where you want to go from here.
Vava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lokboomer on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:36 pm

yeah i figured as much well i guess i'll just keep looking to see if anybody has finished their's...

lokboomer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toastkoro on Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:33 am

http://sb2revival.lefora.com/ <- Not finished, and they're also giving a new dimension and adding concepts to the original concept.

And it seems that some people on this forum are also making their own versions of Simbrothel.

I'm also making my own (Touhou+others) version, but I'm no programmer, so I can't really do much besides adding girls and simple traits. I would like to add some new functions and improve some other things, but...

It would be nice if we could actually merge everyone interested in making a new version into one project, but I guess that's just not possible.
I wasn't thinking on uploading it anyway, it's pretty crappy.
Toastkoro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Umi on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:54 pm

Yes i don't think that a unified front exist or did exist , i just follow this forum and this one. http://sb2revival.lefora.com/
Umi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:11 pm

this is the oldest forum on the internet (see the cronology of the topic) about this game,than many forums grew around the idea of restart the project,someone die someone survive...
here with a random game of the fate have met 3 or 4 programmer with skills and good hope and give new fuel to the forum and from about 300 members in september now we are over 1200!
you must tank emociran and nothin...they save the project...
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:12 pm

ah yes happy new year!
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Synbyn on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:46 am

This is the only forum I'm familiar with too. A game callled slave master started my search for Sim Brothel developers. The opening graphics were the same as this forum header.

Synbyn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:58 pm

no it was a bit different also in the concept game....
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top