Sim Brothel Remake

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sim Brothel Remake

Post by Terashi on Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:41 pm

ah nothing side-story is a manager's game not a rpg!right?
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:47 am

Please see the poll added in the suggestion section, I'd like as many opinions as possible on the changes I'm thinking of putting into the game.

@Terashi, you are right this is a management game, but I like the idea of adding a completely optional rpg element to it once the main management portion has been coded. People like having a storyline to their characters - and one day in the far future I may start doing that for individual characters even :p.

@SirKaid - I had been looking for sailor moon pictures on my usual websites and couldn't find any, thank you for introducing me to gelbooru :p
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hawk on Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:09 am

Terashi wrote:
hawk wrote:Hi kind of new here.

Been lurking for well over a year or 2 now and just wanted to say that I could try help find some pictures if you need them however is there a list somewhere that has the girls that you need on there and also how many different pics would you need.

At a guess I would say one base profile pic for the girl thats in the slave market and then about at least another 3 for each when the girl is "visited".

However don't expect me to be a dedicated member or anything since I'm likely to drop of fairly quickly since I'm just starting a law degree at uni and also for a fear of this project dying off again (for the third time now I think) which would be a shame because believe it or not it was this game that got me into anime after I wanted to find out who Skuld, Belldandy and Urd were.

Also one last thing is that don't expect me find loli pics because I don't really endorse that sort of stuff although I don't care if people do find it good and also I'm running off a college network which is private and so if they found that sort of stuff in my internet history I wouldn't be surprised if they killed my network there and then under legal circumstances which is understandable (I live in the UK btw).

Oh one more final note I have had some basic programming experience on pascal (I know this is not what its running off) so if I do start becoming more involved in this project (which as I said before I doubt) I might try to "totally and completely legally" acquire a copy of C++ (thats what you are using right) off TPB or something like that.

I think that we must continue on the wave of the precedent chapter...if you can't work cause you are in a college there isn't any problem...someone else will make the dirty work (isn't it nothin? XD) then you will be a usefull tester an fixer!
then,for the dying off..nothin is making big work yet and until he is our engine we continue to move and I'm cecking this forum from a year,i won't let the project fall down!

Sorry I forgot to add to that last bit when i say I have little programming experience I mean very little. Like 1 year at my AS year of 6th form where I got a D as my overall grade. Also it would have to wait till I get back to cyprus to grab a copy of the thing since I don't trust the ISP's in England to keep my private info private and away from the police. This would happen late christmas btw

hawk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:17 am

@nothin when i see the side-story i will decide iof aprove or not XD
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:06 am

Spoiler:

I'm actually quite excited to show you this Smile Its been hard to code, but its working well now (with a few tweaks needed). At the new 'manage brothel' screen you will be able to view the status of your brothels, manage your girls' locations (including putting them to school) and buy new brothels. The bit that I am happy about is the ability to list only the girls that aren't working in a brothel, making it easier to put the lazy girls that aren't working to work.
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:57 am

YEAH NICE!
and also nice Lum :Q____
the list of the lazy girls was necessary (i always forgot someone to send to work)
thanks we R waiting for the relaese!
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by masterblaster on Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:45 pm

nothin wrote:
Spoiler:

I'm actually quite excited to show you this Smile Its been hard to code, but its working well now (with a few tweaks needed). At the new 'manage brothel' screen you will be able to view the status of your brothels, manage your girls' locations (including putting them to school) and buy new brothels. The bit that I am happy about is the ability to list only the girls that aren't working in a brothel, making it easier to put the lazy girls that aren't working to work.
Awesome! I spent so much time working through the menus in sb1 so this is so great! Good job

masterblaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironvein on Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:24 pm

Haven't looked at the current build. But I like what I'm reading Very Happy

There had been a couple of games that I'm familiar with that tried to emulate SimBrothel, but they quickly became a micro management nightmare (too many options and had to do multiple tasks just to get each girl 'ready' for the next day - when you have 40+ girls it became a real pain in the ass-) so either limit the max girls you can have at once or make the girls not require constant tweaking each day. Don't follow the path of OtherWorld or Whoremaster; they had great ideas but implementation was horrible.

Things that can keep from SimBrothel 1:

Jokers; but instead of making us go into a menu to activate, just make us make our choice immediately.

Level Up was fine, just one girl a day was not.

Monthly missions for special joker was fine except the get X girls of rank Y mission. That particular mission was very got annoying real fast if it was selected back to back months since it compounded.

Things to improve based off SimBrothel 1:

Make the monthly missions mean something other the earning a Joker (Gold mission: Must pay bribe to cops -or something-, Girl mission: Slave trader requires new stock -actually lose the girls to win the mission-) and maybe penalties if you fail. (Not big penalties per se, just something to make you consider wither or not it is worth going after)

Don't force starters on us (sure, OMG girls are hot, but I'd rather have a choice of girl). Or just have us purchase our first girl up front.

I honestly don't like the additional houses idea, but if you keep it; you should only be able to look into one house a day. (Increasing laziness/runaway in houses you are not managing full time).

Putting girls back to work due to health was a chore. Maybe a set of 'house rules', in this case when a girl reaches x% they rest until the reach y% (y always greater than x obviously) and so when they are tired/sick they take the day off and when they are well they automatically go back to work.

If you are having the girls include special talents (smart, big breast, etc.) have those abilities activate on their own (at level up or by training, etc.) The AP system was too weak in my opinion.

One bug I noticed in SB1: When the number of customers was determined for a building, all the customers would go to a single girl first until she couldn't/wouldn't take anymore customers and then go to the next girl -leaving a lot of girls in the bigger houses with nothing to do-. That didn't make much sense to me. Spread the love/lust Laughing

Okay this is getting long, so I'm break it up into another reply, for readability sake.

Ironvein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironvein on Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:55 pm

Other thoughts:

From what I've read building damage seems to be a big issue that no one likes.

I propose an alternative.

The building could have an Reputation Value. The Reputation Value is the appeal of that particular brothel (how hot the girls are, what perks are available, how safe it is to go there, etc).

This value will start at 0 when you first start business at a particular building. The value will rise when as your girls work successfully and when you add features or bonuses (like a bar would give you a +10 rep when built, or a level of advertising will give you +1/day for 20 days, etc).

The max Reputation Value of a given house is the based off the girls working there and their level (ex if each level is worth is worth 10 Rep points, then 3 lvl 1 girls and 1 lvl 7 girl would make the max Rep of that building = 100 points).

When bad things happen to the building (fire, police raid, etc) Rep points are lost to represent the 'damage' to the store (since less men will want to go there; not safe) and then you'd have to 'rebuild' that Rep.

That way you could use the Rep Value to determine the number of customers that would come and you could still have a 'building damage' effect without causing the store to close for long periods of time (which was the annoying aspect, at least in SB1)

Ironvein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironvein on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:31 pm

Just so you know, I am a programmer if you need a hand. Although I've never used Flash, so I'd need to be pointed toward a good/free developer kit and tutorial for such. My experience is mostly C++ but I familiar with many other languages.

Anyway,

Have you ever played the ancient BBS game 'Bordello'? (and now you've got an idea of how old I am Razz ) It seems like Sim Brothel had a lot of its inspiration from that.

The game could start in a bar where you seduce/hire/kidnap your first girl from 3 random lvl 1 girls. Maybe even come back later to try again for another free lvl 1 (should never be a higher level, I think).

Based of Bordello, instead of a slave market, you could buy girls by bailing them out of jail (if there were caught for prostitution, etc.)

Bordello was also a versus kind of game. Players could attack other players to steal money and girls. So I think having some opposing CPUs who are also developing there prostitution rings would be fun.

Outside of Bordello, the one feature I'd like to see is special male customers, characters from the same series as the girls. If you have girls from the same series in that house, it can add a significant bonus to the house and possible make the male character a regular customer. Another reason to collect sets of girls. Very Happy

Ironvein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dewybmt on Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:29 am

bordello? sounds interesting, where could i find that? or is it like the ancient as in no longer existing? oh uhh that's kinda off your main topic point huh? i would think that nothin would agree to any help available so just try pming him if you want to ask about programming. (or whoever the main moderator is here now.)

dewybmt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironvein on Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:46 am

Bordello was an OLD BBS game (Bulletin Board System) (i.e. pre-internet). It was a purely text game, but I could describe it in length if you want.

Basically you had a number of turns (you could only play the game once per day) to perform actions. Your bordello had room for 10 girls (hey, memory was hard to come by back then -man, now I feel old-).

You could go to a bar once per day and recruit up to 3 random generated girls (no graphics mind, just measurement B/W/H). After that, the only way to get more girls that day was to bail girls out of prison or raid another player's bordello to steal theirs.

Each turn, all the girls would work (nothing special, just a number of customers) and you earn money.

With money you could upgrade your bordello lvl (increases customer turn out), buy thugs (used to attack other players or guard your girls) and bribe the police (if you don't pay enough bribe money, you'll get raided and lose money, thugs, and girls go to jail.

The longer the girl has been working, the more popular she gets (more customers) so getting them bailed out of jail (which any player can get to btw) is usually a better investment then just getting new girls from the bar.

The games winner was the player with the most valuable bordello at the end of a real-time month (BBS admin controls those game settings).

That's basically the jest of that game, was one of my faves, back in the day... dang it, stop making me feel old Mad

Ironvein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dewybmt on Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:43 am

okay okay chill man. Wink does sound interesting. i can see the similarities. no need to feel overly old. but yea really though, try pming nothin or something no pun or whatever intended. it might have a better chance at response and a better way to speak to him about plans. if you haven't already anyways. then again, nothin does seem to monitor the forums fairly well.

dewybmt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:44 am

So many new posts! Unfortunately it seems like my computer's power supply has died (I am posting from my cell phone) so I will be unable to work on the project until I can get a new one on Monday.

There is no current build out because the project is still being re-developed in flash. Unfortunately flash has no developer kit except for the entire program itself (Adobe Flash). For now I am going to be working on the code solo but I appreciate all of the offers for help.

I am simply AMAZED at how many people hated the 1 rank up again rule; that was something that I was planning on bringing back, due to all of the hatred it will not be coming back. Brothel health will be gone as well.

Building reputation is a tricky subject for me. I have three things left to program before I can come out with a pre-alpha release of sorts. The first one is a bunch of buttons Razz I need more menu buttons to activate code that is already programmed. The second is the girl stat gains at the end of the day (this is an easy one to code). The final one is building reputation and how to decide who gets the customers for the day.

Like I have said in many of my previous posts, the first version I release is not going to be pretty. I will likely not have joker, and it will require a lot of tweaking. I hope that you can all stay with me as we go through the growing pains.

I will try to get a pre-alpha version out soon, I will keep you guys updated.
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:53 am

One last thing, I will be creating ways to help you manage girls with low health and ways to make it easier to put girls that aren't working back to work. As far as rules for removing low-on-health girls and putting full health girls back to work - thats something I would actually like to avoid, it seems to be along the lines of micromanagement (which no one seems to be happy about)
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:19 am

i would mantein the low-on-health girls...
it is funny to make work a girl until she is K.O. also it is a bit sadic XD XD
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironvein on Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:35 am

nothin wrote:One last thing, I will be creating ways to help you manage girls with low health and ways to make it easier to put girls that aren't working back to work. As far as rules for removing low-on-health girls and putting full health girls back to work - thats something I would actually like to avoid, it seems to be along the lines of micromanagement (which no one seems to be happy about)

I didn't mean that the 'house rule' was editable to each girl. I meant that as a house rule, any girl that gets below X health could rest and had to come back at Y health. Same rule for every girl in that house. It would be micromanagement if you had that option done for each girl individually (which I would abhor, and why I think Whoremaster fails so badly).

Ironvein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GenLock on Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:10 pm

Any forum or topic somewhere so that we could talk ONLY about the pics.
Have been collecting all kinds of pics lately, so just tell me who u need and how many diffrent pics, u can also add me to Skype so that we can work together more actively
GenLock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:30 pm

GenLock wrote:Any forum or topic somewhere so that we could talk ONLY about the pics.
Have been collecting all kinds of pics lately, so just tell me who u need and how many diffrent pics, u can also add me to Skype so that we can work together more actively
there is the section pictures so use that Laughing Laughing
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hawk on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:18 pm

Also just drop into the suggestions area and use the thread there. I will also give you the details to drop pics into the dropbox I set up to both you and terashi. Just make sure you lay it out properly and don't flood with lots of pics that need to be sorted later or something

hawk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:30 pm

ok
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by soldierunittex on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:34 pm

so... im new here but hope this project takes off... just a thought for finding pictures for the game... if anyone is interested in doing so... this site has just about everthing you could want...
rule34.paheal.net/tags

soldierunittex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hawk on Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:05 pm

Already using it mate Wink

hawk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content