Nothin's Brothel - first beta

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nothin's Brothel - first beta

Post by nothin on Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:05 am

Exclamation First release!! Exclamation

Its going to disappoint compared to sibr1, but I've done enough to release an initial test of my version of the game. Its not actually that fun to play... no real challenge without the jokers etc.

The purpose of this release is to test out what I've done so far, this is not supposed to be any type of finished version of the game. Most features have not been implemented yet. I will update as soon as I've made significant progress on the project. Keep doing what you're doing, I appreciate the support.

I've created a bugs thread on the bugs board, post any bugs you find in the board, I don't know of any bugs atm so anything you find is news to me. Also post if you test it and its bug free! Its good to know!

http://www.mediafire.com/?26dl8lzvie7xaa8

-Nothin afro
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nothin's Brothel - first beta

Post by wumpus on Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:16 am

Loading it up now, I'll be sure to fiddle around with it a bit over the next few days if not tonight and see what I see. I'll just say good work ahead of time though as it seems you have put a lot of thought into your game from reading the other threads. Ah, its done loading!

wumpus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:20 am

Thank you!
A lot of thought has gone in, but most of that thought hasn't been implemented. Need more time to get that stuff!
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hawk on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:58 am

will download now and see. Nice work btw and its good to see this project off the ground again after the first team left. I kind of wonder what Karel is doing right now tbh

hawk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:20 pm

Last post I saw karel do, he said he was done with the project and wasn't working on it anymore :-/
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by masterblaster on Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:05 pm

Nice beta! Seems taht you are on a good way towards a full release.

masterblaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:15 pm

only now i can try your version!

i'm happy that we have made ressurect the project,you with your ability and me for...for....uhm for spread the rumors of the restart XD XD XD
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:41 pm

ah yes also if it is a beta version post that in the "release section"
another thing, you would add the bonus/malus of the girls in a next version?
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Next version is going to include a modified version of the joker system, I think you guys will like what I have planned ;p
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tantrum on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:21 am

Just took the Beta out for a test spin. Layout looks good, I like the back and forth arrows for girls list. Looks like the UI will be pretty user friendly. Only problem I had with current content was the advertising, seemed like no matter how much I put into advertising all I could get was 1 customer. Other then that great job, GL on the continued work cheers

Tantrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:25 am

You were probably not pressing the 'set advertising' button below the textbox, it only takes about 7 gold to get 3 customers if there is only one girl at the brothel. That button will be removed in the next version, at least one other person didnt see it XD
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tantrum on Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:57 am

Maybe they just didnt like my workers :-( went back and restarted and the advertisement works fine now :-) also updated my flash player that may have had a lot to do with it Rolling Eyes Sad

Tantrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Progress update

Post by nothin on Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:12 am

Good good! Well I worked long and hard on the project today and I got a lot done. Every bug mentioned in the bugs thread has been fixed, I've implemented a save feature, and I've implemented achievements.

What are achievements you ask? Instead of jokers I'm putting in goals which don't have any time limits on them, and have set bonuses. The requirements to get them are similar to jokers, but the effects are permanent and are more related to what you've actually done. For example; if you get 5 girls up to max obedience then all of your girls will become more obedient. If you get far enough into achievements you will unlock special girls (similar to the get a girl joker option).

I may add weekly jokers later, but the achievement system will allow you to get through the game at your own pace, instead of forcing you into saving gold or ranking up girls.

I still need to track down pictures for the bonus girls for achievements, as well as code in new achievements, but the game is in a releasable state right now, so it will be released sometime soon.
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hawk on Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:16 pm

nothin wrote:
I still need to track down pictures for the bonus girls for achievements, as well as code in new achievements, but the game is in a releasable state right now, so it will be released sometime soon.

anything you want me to find for you on this issue?

hawk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jackrabbit on Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:10 pm

nothin wrote:Good good! Well I worked long and hard on the project today and I got a lot done. Every bug mentioned in the bugs thread has been fixed, I've implemented a save feature, and I've implemented achievements.

What are achievements you ask? Instead of jokers I'm putting in goals which don't have any time limits on them, and have set bonuses. The requirements to get them are similar to jokers, but the effects are permanent and are more related to what you've actually done. For example; if you get 5 girls up to max obedience then all of your girls will become more obedient. If you get far enough into achievements you will unlock special girls (similar to the get a girl joker option).

I may add weekly jokers later, but the achievement system will allow you to get through the game at your own pace, instead of forcing you into saving gold or ranking up girls.
Now this I like the sound of! Very Happy
I take it from this that you are planning on an unlimited days game duration unlike the previous versions?

jackrabbit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:41 pm

Yes please hawk! I'm wanting to make most of the purchasable girls from anime and popular anime-esque video games, while having some of the joker girls be from other video games (such as Zelda, Mario, etc.) I have a decent amount of princess Zelda, malon, peach, and samus pictures, but if you can track down other girls that would be fantastic. I was thinking of other games such as Golden Sun, maybe some of the less popular final fantasy games. Whatever you can track down will save me time Smile

And thank you very much Jack. Forced time limits seemed useless to me, nobody likes them. Unfortunately the achievements will be the same on any difficulty level, so I may scrap having multiple difficulty settings.
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by emcioran on Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:17 pm

Nothin - Looking good so far. Can't wait to see where you take it!

emcioran

emcioran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jackrabbit on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:09 am

nothin wrote:Unfortunately the achievements will be the same on any difficulty level, so I may scrap having multiple difficulty settings.
Not sure what the problem there would be, I was always under the impression that the difficulty setting was more to do with the behaviour of the girls and the probability of things going wrong rather than a scaling reward.

jackrabbit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tantrum on Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:01 am

Just stopping by to give my arm chair support Laughing Girls from other/less known games ehhhh? How about the Valkyries from Valkyrie Profile? Love those women Smile

Tantrum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:42 am

New version posted under releases section.

My understanding was that jokers were harder to get as well under harder difficulties. ie you may need to get 6 girls to rank 3 instead of 2 girls to rank 3 on easy. I could do that, but that would take to much effort :p.

I'll look inter the valkyries, I know nothing about that game at all though. Have any pics of them?
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:24 am

release page has a new download link for a fixed up version
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Draeneitits on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:14 am

Hey i'm a lurker/drifter but just wanted to pop in to say glad this game is getting some steam back behind it. If your still searching for images(of course there's google) but there's a little haven called Hentaipalm forums.

ps: might need some moderation/a new site to filter out the spam...

Draeneitits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:18 am

Yeah I've been thinking about starting up a new forum board.

Thanks for that website, I'll check it out Smile
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by donnic111 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:02 am

hey do not know if you are interested but for pictures the best site would be "e hentai.org" hands down, just type down any anime and/or manga girl and you will get hundreds of pictures to choose from!!! but in my own opinion dont get any of the pictures that look like they were hand drawn plus nothing with girls that look like they are 13 that was one of sim brothels biggest mistake in my own opinion. ive played with your version and it is GOOD! simple nothing time consuming or too hard which is great!! hope you can finish it soon!!!!
donnic111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:09 am

Never been a big fan of ehentai actually, but I'll give it another look.

I'm glad you like it, I'm hoping to keep it simple (although its starting to get a little confusing in the version I'm working on, I need to find a more intuitive way to keep track of achievements).

Just wondering, do any of the girls look too young in my version of the game that is on the website right now (version 0.03a)
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top