Nothin sim bro bugs

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nothin sim bro bugs

Post by nothin on Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:06 am

No bugs known right now, post any that you find please! Or post if you test it and its bug free.

Last edited by nothin on Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nothin sim bro bugs

Post by wumpus on Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:58 am

I've messed around with it a little bit and I gotta say that I really like how the interface looks. It reminds me a lot of the original and something about how you did the borders for the girls makes me second guess that I had seen certain pictures before.

I did find some interesting bugs that I didn't understand too fully but I will try to explain what set them off as best I can. Starting off with the easy stuff:
When choosing work for a girl "school" is not clickable. I had the feeling this was intentional but I thought I should bring it up anyhow.

The arrows don't seem to work while navigating through manage brothels.

I could type into the advertising budget but it would not stick and did not subtract from my daily income. Another I felt was intentional.

I bought Haruhi for 1 gold. Helpful for testing but I wasn't sure if intentional (again lol)

Now for the oddities, I'll try to explain better if your not entirely sure what I'm trying to get at.
After chosing location if you then chose rest it does not say that the location has changed in the girls information. The girl can no longer be found on any lists other than the manage girls list. Reasigning from the manage girls list made the other girl dissappear from the lists in a similar fashion. However this time both girls still work when Next Day is clicked. Resting and replacing the second girl fixed the problems and both girls could be found on all lists.

When you leave the buy girls menu the arrows still remain. If you click the right arrow you recieve some money and if you click again your first girl goes to work (picture does not go away if you navigate to certain menus when this bug occurs, you also aren't guaranteed "business" just as if she were normally working) Note: this does not increase the day count, only put my first girl to work.

I only tested with the two girls (Haruhi and Ranma) I'll probably look into it a little more another day.

Good job with your work and congratulations on your first test run. May debugging and further work on the project flow smoothly! cheers

Edit: Just tried to make it look a little easier to read, after posting I thought "omg what did I just do??"

wumpus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Supersum1 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:35 am

I noticed that the "Price for a Twirl" in the Manage Girls section will go up, but the amount paid won't change from the original amount stated.

Example: Shirley's "Price for a Twirl" starts at 15. It's now been raised to 20, but in the Next Day report, it says she only made 15 gold per customer.

I'm not sure if you meant for it to be like this for the first beta, but if not this could be a pretty important bug.

EDIT: Also, sometime all the text isn't shown during a Next Day report that has an updated stat. I noticed this when it said "She gained X sex and has become more..." as this is obviously cut off.

EDIT*: I just noticed that, while it says that they only make the original Price for a Twirl amount per customer, the actual amount matches the amount shown in the Manage Girls section.

Supersum1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Youpiluth on Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:32 pm

Wumpus wrote :
When you leave the buy girls menu the arrows still remain.

This bug occurs also for each menu with a right arrow.

In the "Manage brothel" menu, in "not working" thumbnail, when you click "choose work" and then "back", the map of the brothels doesn't disappear.
Then when I navigate in another menu, sometimes the picture disappear, and sometimes it doesn't. It seems to disappear randomly.

Wumpus has already noticed similar bugs, but they apply to the whole game.

Youpiluth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:59 pm

Thanks for the list of bugs, I'll get right to sorting those out, I know why all of them are happening except for the one about the advertising price... Are you pressing the set price button after you change the price? If not that's why its happening. If you are then I'm goin to have to look into that a lot more.
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wumpus on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:11 pm

nothin wrote:Thanks for the list of bugs, I'll get right to sorting those out, I know why all of them are happening except for the one about the advertising price... Are you pressing the set price button after you change the price? If not that's why its happening. If you are then I'm goin to have to look into that a lot more.

*facepalm* Didn't notice that was a button was hitting enter instead of clicking. It works, sorry nothin!

wumpus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:10 pm

No problem, I think I'll change it so you don't need to press the button, seems kind of redundant
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Youpiluth on Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:39 am

Sometimes, when some girls are working, the h-pics isn't displayed, like she refused to work, but there is the text with the number of customers and gold earned. I had this problem with C.C. and Anko so far and only when their obedience was low.

Youpiluth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:40 am

I found that two days ago, I thunk I've fixed it. Thank you very much youp!
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SDragon on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:58 pm

Here's a simple one. When you select Manage Girls -> Unworking Girl -> Choose Work -> Back, the work layer still shows in the main window.

Also, not to be a stickler, but I guess I will Razz Could you center the pictures for the ones that don't occupy the full view window? It just annoys me and it's not too hard to do, just need to align the picture a bit ;o

Other than that good job. It's clean and simple. Do you use flash for all your programming?

SDragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:37 pm

O.o the pictures that don't take up the full thing should be centered. If there are pictures that arent I actually need to know which pictures they are so I can edit them.
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SDragon on Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:03 pm

I only looked at Ranma's ones so there are two there that I know about. They don't have names so it's hard to say exactly which ones.

SDragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:37 pm

I'll take a look through them and center them Smile
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:27 pm

ehm still problem...i can't see the girls working other than first and the school is off limits for me...i can't select it
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:31 pm

ah,will you ever put again the health?
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Youpiluth on Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:49 pm

there's twice the achievement "have a girl rank three" when you go to the achievements menu, but one of it is th achievement "have a girl rank two"

And I wanted to ask : Why does Ranma is the first girl ?

Youpiluth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:14 pm

lol yes why her?
ah you can buy the nothing (yes i bought all girls)
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Youpiluth on Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:26 pm

When you use the arrows to navigate betwen brothels in the manage brothel menu, the number of gold for advetising doesn't change, that's always the first one.

Youpiluth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Youpiluth on Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:12 pm

If there's too much girl working (about fifteen), when you chose next day, the list exceed the menu, and you can't use the done button without chosing one of the brothel, to reduce the list.

Youpiluth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by soldierunittex on Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:26 pm

i have what is possibly a bug. maybe im just a moron... but i dont see any confirm advertisment button. dont know if thats me or not but better to know than not yes?

soldierunittex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dewybmt on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:32 pm

if you mean the little words under where you type in the advertisement price that says, "set advertisement" then...it's right under where you type in your advertisement amount.

dewybmt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dewybmt on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:46 pm

just in case nothin is monitoring this section more than the release section, (and because it's more appropriate for me to say this in the bugs section) your sim brothel 0.02 has a major bug where it won't list the girls as working even when you set "her" (since you only have 1 girl then) to work specifically. just something to look out for and fix if you see this nothin. Wink

dewybmt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:01 pm

I'll get working on these bugs. And damn it terashi you aren't supposed to be getting so far in the game yet! XD

Fixed bugs:
Two achievements for girls rank 3
Advertising text not updating
Girl won't show up on the manage brothel menu as working if you set her to work for a brothel she's already working at.

Not bugs:
Schools are still off limits, I haven't put them in yet.
You don't need to confirm how much advertising you want, as soon as you type it in, its set.
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wumpus on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:26 pm

The achievements are a nifty lil' addition. Did a few of them and the ones I did worked just fine.

As I started getting a lot of girls I noticed a few things.

While looking at the results of your girls work for the day the "Done" button gets covered by your list of girls and you can't click it unless you make the list smaller.

The "Big House" had a loft of odd bugs. At first when I started assigning girls to it (I started at about 5-6) the girls that were working their put into 1 item labeled "Undifiened." Then when I added a few more girls (up to 9) the "Undifiened" was gone and only the last two girls I added showed up on the list. The "Current Girls" counter worked just fine and the girls still worked everyday assuming they didn't refuse.

Next the "Small House" stopped working at a certain point. Not sure when in particular unfortunately but the girls that were put into the Small House were could not be found in the small house list. When looking at girl information it said they were working at the appropriate location. When it came time for those girls to work they had no picture and their was no text.

Not a bug, but about the reputation/charisma requirements for ranking up...

Their is no current way to tell if a girl can rank up. You have to go through each individual girl and click "Rank Up" and hope that you knew the magic number they needed. Considering reputation doesn't currently have a stat this got to be impossible as I got a lot of girls.
Maybe if reputation had a number so you could learn when a girl should be able to rank up or if the rank up button only appeared when they could rank up. Or an announcement saying the girl could rank up.

Last edited by wumpus on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : post-post spell check)

wumpus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:56 pm

Yeah thats a good idea. I'm surprised nobody has posted a bug about how when you get too many girls they don't show up on the 'list girls' menu anymore. XD I would have thought that would have topped the list.

As far as the big house and small house breaking, thats probably all related to that undefined problem... I will have to try and reproduce that bug... XD
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top