Nothin's Brothel V0.02 = a newer version has been released

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nothin's Brothel V0.02 = a newer version has been released

Post by nothin on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:41 am

New version out! I've worked very hard on this and it has had a lot of improvements on the last version, it will not disappoint. If I could be so bold, I dare say that this version is actually 'fun' (that last version was certainly missing a lot).

I have not tested this version much at all, so expect it to be very buggy and for there to be game breaking glitches. I will fix those up as quickly as I can.

All features should be working except for the schools, I'll implement them in the next few days along with more achievements.
Currently there shouldn't be any way to get a girl to max rank (because no girl starts with 100 cha, and there there is no way to gain it without schools), but if you do, the girl you get has higher max stats than other girls can have (ie. up to 120 constitution and the ability to have sex with more guys). This is experimental and could be buggy as well.

Without further ado, I present to you Nothin's Sim Brothel version 0.02a.
Enjoy!

Without further ado I present version 0.02b, with a few bug fixes. Have fun bugging it out and posting it on the forums, and I'm taking any suggestions for minor changes. Your save file will not transfer to this version (that way I know bugs that happen in this version were caused by this version, and not bad data from the old one)

Download link

Last edited by nothin on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:04 am; edited 4 times in total
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nothin's Brothel V0.02 = a newer version has been released

Post by Terashi on Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:08 pm

thanks! i will try it immediatly!
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Astralys on Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:01 pm

it's good to see new projects about this game! good work!

I have try your flash and I have a serious bug : I assign the girls to a brothel for work but when I go to the next day it says that nobody was assign to the brothel. when I manage my brothel I don't see the girls in it and the count is not good.

Astralys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dewybmt on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:44 pm

same as astralys here. man that's gotta be a killjoy after you seemed so excited nothin. i hope it can be fixed soon. <=)

dewybmt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:25 pm

I think this may be happening because you've assigned her to work at a brothel she's already working at. Can you give me any steps to reproduce this so I can see if its fixed in the version I'm working on right now?
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dewybmt on Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:46 pm

ok so normally it happened at the very beginning of the game when you firstassign your girl to work at the old shack and it says she works nowhere. then you click next day and it doesn't list her as working. of course, as soon as i type this, i retried the game and clicked next day without assigning her work. she didnt work anywhere, but THEN i assigned her work at the old shack and now she's working. maybe a small glitch you want to work on. it seems, at first she isn't working, yet if you try to assign her work first, she won't. yet just wasting one day fixes it.

dewybmt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dewybmt on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:08 pm

ok so now the game needs, the school to work, jokers, (though achievements are very cool too so keep and expand off those as well) mostly to have more ways to get girls, since that is one of the main focuses, getting PLENTY of girls. it's been starting off pretty slowly so far though, i've been having a little difficulty ranking up girls. i recommend trying to make it a little more like v1 and let the girls get exp to upgrade stats. though, that is for a later time. so far, it seems very good. maybe try adding more side functions and projects that you can do to get more money and girls. so much to do. also, do you plan on using the take a walk function? not of like the other guys simbro game when you talk to girls you meet when you want at specific locations, (that can be implemented differently), but what happens on the walk is random. also, again like the first game, i liked how some girls would randomly come to sell themselves to you if you had enough money. and THAT is all i have to say for the moment. besides all that and making the game a little more "easy" in the sense that you can get started faster in getting some money and plenty of girls, it's pretty damn good. we must be annoying with everything we ask.

dewybmt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dewybmt on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:32 pm

oh and one more thing i've found, when you get a bunch of girls, assign them, then click next day, the list of girls actually was so long it blocks off the "done" button so i couldn't continue. may want to fix that.

dewybmt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:53 pm

Nope I actually appreciate all of the input and feedback you guys give me. The more bugs you find, the more I have to do Smile the more recommendations you give, the more ideas I get. I just finished fixing that last problem you posted and it will be in the next version I release later today.
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dewybmt on Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:36 pm

awesome. you work fast. Very Happy

dewybmt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by conorwf on Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:17 pm

Is there any way to be able to choose the character at the start? I've never been a big fan of Ranma to be honest.
conorwf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:21 pm

not right now, but I will add that in probably in the next version
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by derpaderp on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:12 am

I'd really appreciate some keyboard support. Arrow keys to use the grey arrows that go between girls, and something for "next day" and "done". So much mousing around to do literally everyday things, it gets a bit tiresome. Also ranking up everyone when you get the achievement that lets you auto-rank takes ages with the mouse too.

Oh, and one of your Akane profile images is actually of her sister Nabiki. This is a pretty damn fun incarnation of the game though, thanks for your work.

derpaderp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joman394 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:17 am

This is a very very fun version!!! I love the achievement idea! and like dewy said, getting jokers in would be nice to have. and I see you used my unlimited days idea haha. But this is a great game. I cannot wait to see it finished!!
joman394

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:06 am

This version is actually old, there is a newer version out now Smile

And you are totally right, how did I miss that it was nabiki XD
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by derpaderp on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:08 am

Ah yeah, posted in the wrong topic, sorry. This one was at the top at the time so I guess i missed the version number. Keyboard controls request stands!

Obviously you should just add Nabiki in too, haha.

derpaderp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Eyed Pimp on Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:30 pm

I am playing SimBro2 since long time. I can say i played all the versions off the game. And i have some comments on Nothin's version
Pros
1) Selecting all girls that have low health or going to school or working in a building or can rank up is a GREAT invention. It minimizes micro management hugely.
2) The achivement system instead of quests is a good idea.
Cons
1) The schools are the only way to reach max stats and therefore to get some achivements. This makes all game constructed around "to send a girl to school, maximizing her stat, getting her rank up and get more money" cycle. Styles and rising stat while working features should be implemented to the game to give some "color"
2) Cant sell a girl and a building.
3) Auto set location starts from cheapest building you have. Should be otherwise. It should start to place girls to the best building first.

Overall it is easy to install (only one file), easy and fun to play. I hope you keep upgrading it. Smile
Black Eyed Pimp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by donnic111 on Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:38 am

weird, the link is crost out thus i am unable to play it anyone one else seeing this? if so when will there be a new link?
donnic111

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by godzofh on Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:00 am

This is version .02. Version .03b is out already

godzofh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by donnic111 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:44 pm

ok thanks