Nothin's Sim bro version 0.03b Oct21

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nothin's Sim bro version 0.03b Oct21

Post by nothin on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:52 am

I was hoping on getting this version out sooner, but I have ran into some problems. My computer hasn't been able to compile the code I've been running, even though there were no compiler errors. I have spent about 5 hours over the past few days searching through my code trying to find problems, but I could not find any.

Today, I booted up an old computer (1.4GHz single core, not the greatest machine for programming in flash), intalled flash, and tried compiling it, and it compiled without issue. Because I this, I can send you my current version, there are some problems with it, but I they won't be fixed for quite a while. I am sad to say that until I can get all of my compiler issues sorted out on my computer I will not be doing any more development on this project.
To make matters worse, I am very ill right now and I will be going to the hospital after posting this message.

I hope to be able to start development again soon, if I am lucky a simple reinstall will work to get the compiler working.

Version 0.03b download link
Version 0.03c download link
Version 0.03c update download link Alternative link

I wasn't able to transfer over updated file for compiling, instead I had to recode the changes that I made. There may be bugs in this version because of that, and also because other files may not have been copied correctly. This version should be better than the last version though, let me know if you find any major problems.

new features:
  • Characters now have a health stat
  • double the ammount of girls
  • new achievements
  • various interface upgrades

Last edited by nothin on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:31 am; edited 4 times in total
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nothin's Sim bro version 0.03b Oct21

Post by talosparoxi on Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:58 am

sweet! you're just rocketing out these releases thanks man. cheers

talosparoxi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Draeneitits on Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:53 pm

Get better.

Draeneitits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hawk on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:50 pm

yeah get well soon man

hawk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jackrabbit on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:26 pm

Get well soon!

jackrabbit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:00 pm

Thank you very much for the get well wishes.

I checked out the bug terashi pointed out, and it is happening because when I copied the files over to compile it on another computer, I copied the version of at least one file. This caused the version posted to become very VERY buggy. I am going to recompile and upload another version in about 5 minutes (version 0.03c), and hopefully everything will be fine this time. If there are more bugs, please let me know, they may be caused by me using the wrong file again.
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inflatable Bob on Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:29 am

Is there any chance somebody could host the file somewhere else? Mediafire is being uncooperative at the moment - I just get a 404 error. (seems to be something to do with my location - using a US-based proxy lets me get to the site, though I still can't download the file).

Anyway, thanks for your hard work, Nothin! Get well soon!

Inflatable Bob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:10 am

Alternate link is now up Smile
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inflatable Bob on Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:46 am

Thanks dude!

Inflatable Bob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Youpiluth on Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:36 am

Thanks ! And get well soon !

Youpiluth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fullmooninu on Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:23 am

ty!
bugs:
- there seems to be a bug with the buy girl list when the loli option is on;
- the game becomes really slow when the girl number increases. I dont know flash coding, but this didnt happen in the previous version. (after turning off antivirus, became fast again);
- misa seemed to get a 660 sex value, but was reseted to 100 when trained.

fullmooninu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joman394 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:46 pm

Just downloaded it and I can't stop playing it! I'm on day 94 already! I love how well it is doing, and I hope you are doing as well as the game is!! get well soon if you are not!!!
joman394

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joman394 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:55 pm

oh and I found a bug, I bought Dark Magician Girl and when I went to buy another girl, I saw her, Ranma, Chii and other girls that I already owned. And I was going to see if it would say I already had someone, so I bought Ranma and it pretty much took my money. I'm pretty sure this is the bug that fullmooninu pointed out with the buy girl list. I wanted to be specific so you know what to fix.
joman394

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Draeneitits on Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:22 am

fullmooninu wrote:ty!
bugs:

- the game becomes really slow when the girl number increases. I dont know flash coding, but this didnt happen in the previous version. (after turning off antivirus, became fast again);

Same problem. It seems once you reach a certain size you cannot go to check who's in school or it crashes, slows down in general, and slows down going to the next day.

Strange thing is though, if you save/close the game, it speeds up again, but only for one 'next day'.

Draeneitits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:32 am

Loli enabled is definitely broken because I missed typing a pair of brackets () :-( that will be fixed when my compiler is working again.

I will start to fix that problem of it slowing down... it happens because I was a lazy programmer an never planned for this many girls to be available when the I started coding, I'm going to have to change around a couple of things (ie my sorting algorithms) so they run faster...
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:34 am

And misa definitely shouldn't have a sex stat of 660... I accidentally set that as her default sex but then had her maximum sex value as 100, so if you train her it brings it back down to 100 (and probably gives a message saying "misa gains -560 sex and reaches max sex")
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by talosparoxi on Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:57 am

Draeneitits wrote:
bugs:

Same problem. It seems once you reach a certain size you cannot go to check who's in school or it crashes, slows down in general, and slows down going to the next day.

Strange thing is though, if you save/close the game, it speeds up again, but only for one 'next day'.

same problem but for me it's disappeared after closing the program. perhaps it just has problems loading up on certain days/certain number of girls and when you're out of that number and load it's fine.

talosparoxi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenki on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:26 am

@nothin

Nicely re-done SimBro. I hope you are feeling better.

Was playing and I just go a pop-up stating, "Tell nothin: Elsie too few pics."

I should point out, that for Akane Tendo, there was a Card Pic of Nabiki, her sister at one point.

Also, I am pretty sure Sylvia van Hossen is from Princess Lover, not Infinite Stratos.

Kenki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMouse on Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:45 pm

talosparoxi wrote:
Draeneitits wrote:
bugs:

same problem but for me it's disappeared after closing the program. perhaps it just has problems loading up on certain days/certain number of girls and when you're out of that number and load it's fine.

Ok, nice thoughts, but it dosn't depend on the number of days or girls. You theoreticaly cann play through thousends of days with all girls and the game wouldn't become noticable slower. The problem lays in the save option. If your savefile is to big and you save, everytihng seems normal (it saves fast and doesn't crash) but if you do your next action (next day, manage girls,...) boom, it crashs.
Still, you easily can avoid that. You just shouldn't save every day and if you save, immediatelly close the game and reloade it, that should fix the problems... at least, that's how it works in my game Smile

Greetings
MrMouse
MrMouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix_LV on Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:03 pm

I noticed that when a girl is low on healt - when it shows in the reports, and you let her rest, at full recovery there appears a sign that she is no longer sick. Although, she wasn't sick to start with.
.. And - i didn't notice much of the effects of the achievements so far (except for obvious grants of money and girls).

Phoenix_LV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by talosparoxi on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:05 am

ah cool. thanks for explaining that bug MrMouse. Would you like some congratulatory cheese?

talosparoxi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:25 am

I just got your message Mr.Mouse.... I also just finished doing a tonne of optimization and code rewriting to try to get rid of the lag........

Flash manages its own file I.O., I thought it managed writeovers but now I'll have to look into that.

As far as achievement effects go, they are there, and they effect it in a big way. It doesn't show stat changes, but you are getting more money from the sex achievement, and your 10-50 bonus to obedience is there as well.
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

small bug

Post by Ichigo1100 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:21 am

Not sure why it happened but I got Dark Magician Girl's constitution up to 103
Otherwise great release I'm so happy people are restarting these projects.
revised: now up to 130 and stopped there, is she suppose to have a higher cap on this?
also a personal suggestion in the individual menu for each girl could you have a "put to rest" shortcut?

Ichigo1100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nothin on Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:44 am

Perfectly normal, DMG can have stats above 100 - most stats cap at 130 for her.
I'll add a button for put to rest as well Smile
nothin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky on Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:11 pm

I got an error pop-up: Elsie too few pics. Just thought I'd drop that in.

Also I'm liking this game a heap so far, and I know it's not finished but I was wondering if there were plans to allow all the girls stats to increase (or decrease?) naturally - I find I'm having to keep most of them in the school for quite a long time in order to max them out.
Sky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top