SIBR1x - State of the Union - Info only, No release

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SIBR1x - State of the Union - Info only, No release

Post by emcioran on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:27 pm

I never fully intended on having this broad of a release so early and as such things have been pretty hectic
and some misconceptions may exist. This isn't anyone's fault and is not really a big deal, but I want to
post some information about the game, where its going, and what the intent of some things are. I also am
going to try to wrap up the development status of various features as well as note known issues. Hopefully
this will be useful in determining whether something is a bug or just an unfinished feature. I will provide
weekly updates with each release that build off of this initial list.

Issues:
MISC
-------------------
Unfinished Stuff:
Report Section - Demographics, Financial, Girls are not yet implemented
Action Section - Talk to Girl not yet implemented.
Notes: These buttons may change or be removed. I have plans for them but I might change my mind.
Cash & Get Joker buttons are only for debugging and will be removed at some point.

Sell Girl @ Slave Market: This feature will allow you to train and sell girls with certain qualities and
skills for significant profit. Not yet implemented.

Town Girls: This is a partially functioning prototype. It will be flushed out more in future releases.
It will require balancing.

Mechanics of Customer: There are 5 types of customers (Riff Raff -> Lord). The location of the building
determines the likelihood that you will receive a customer of a certain quality. Higher quality customer
types pay more money, are less likely to cause trouble, and demand much higher satisfaction when visiting,
they are also far more likely to spend money on other events such as strippers or food. Ultimately to
maximize profits you want to get as many of these as possible. However, you will need much more capable
girls to satisfy them.

Sex profits: The most critical thing is customer type, then satisfaction, then sex type. If any of
these are low then you will receive less money for the act. I am currently doing a lot of balancing
in this area so feel free to provide feedback.

Other Profits: Stripping, Cooking, Bartending. Each customer receives X amount of money when they
are generated. This amount is determined entirely by their type. Lords receive a lot of money where
Riff Raff receive very little. Once they have chosen a girl then may spend the remainder of the money
on these activities. This is undergoing a lot of balancing so feel free to provide feedback.

Hair Dye & Costumes: These provide satisfaction boosts if a girl lacks a characteristic that the
customer wants. A girl with a natural characteristic will always receive a higher boost.

Special Projects: These are functional but need a lot of balancing yet. Feel free to provide feedback.

GIRL STUFF
---------------------
GIRL STATS:
Charisma - Impacts customer satisfaction, advertising activity, bartering, special projects.
Style - Impacts customer satisfaction, stripping, dress up, special projects.
Libido - Girls with low libido will become unhappy after having sex too much. They may also just ignore
customers if they had sex too much in any day.
Tolerance - How much the girl is willing to put up with. Girls with low tolerance will throw fits if
you ask them to do stuff they are not comfortable with.
Strength - Impacts self defense and endurance restoration.
Intellect - Impacts several skill checks as well as projects. Girls with High intellect should be leaders
in special projects to have the best impact.

GIRL SKILLS:
Sex SKills: Pretty obvious, a bonus is applied for every level in the associated activity.
Gen Skills: These are all pretty obvious as well. One note though, when an attribute and skill both effect
an action the skill level always has a greater impact. SO if Clarissa is defending herself she is better off
with a 20 Self Defense skill then a 20 strength. Obviously 20 in each is a lot better.

Girl Statuses:
Endurance - How weary or rested the girl is.
Happiness - How happy she is right now.
Hygiene - How clean and well groomed she is right now.
DISPOSITION - This is a bit more conceptual. As happiness indicates how happy the girl is right now, Disposition
indicates her view of the world, depressed or optimistic. Happiness fluctuates greatly and Disposition moves slowly. If she is happy,
clean and rested this will slowly trend upwards, if she is lacking in any of those she will slowly get more depressed. A low or high
disposition will affect just about everything a girl does.
SEX WEARINESS - You cannot view this number as it works behind the scenes, but it is crucial. Every girl has a starting value derived from here libido stat. Every sex act reduces this number. If it falls below zero then she starts losing happiness. Whenever the girl rests or does a non-sex related act it will increase again.

BUILDING STUFF
---------------------
Maintenance and Cleanliness - These are not implemented fully. In the future, buildings will need to be cleaned and maintained.
Upgrades:
Game Room - Needed for gambling
Dungeon - Needed for "Customer Rents Dungeon" events
Bar - Needed to sell drinks.
Lounge - Improves customer satisfaction.
Music Room - Increases customer satisfaction and girl happiness.
Kitchen - Needed to sell food.
Garden - Gardens reduce girls sex weariness.
Private Room - Needed for stripping.
Wash Room - Needed to keep girls clean.
Beds & Linen - Bonus/Penalties for Customer Satisfaction, Girl happiness, endurance and hygiene.
Location - Impacts QUALITY of customers entering brothel.

Last edited by emcioran on Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

emcioran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SIBR1x - State of the Union - Info only, No release

Post by conorwf on Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:57 pm

I've only dabbled in Projects thus far, but it does not appear that the progress bar progresses any further than the action points put into it.
conorwf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frederic on Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:34 pm

Not sure if this is what you're referring to but it's more than just your own AP that needs to go into the progress bar. You have to set the girls involved in the project to work on it as their job a certain number of times as well.

Frederic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jackrabbit on Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:59 pm

Thanks for the info, that clarifies alot of the mechanics. You're doing a great job with this game considering how detailed and ambitious it is. Very Happy

jackrabbit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by conorwf on Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:29 am

I'd work towards simplifying the interface. If I had to pick my one gripe, that would be it.

Probably could afford to put the Reports all in one screen.

Changing from one girl to another should not reset the Assignment/Schedule/Equipment screen.

Search Area and Buy Items should probably be on the front page.
conorwf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by conorwf on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:50 pm

Adding the ability to create Traits could be helpful.
conorwf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jackrabbit on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:24 pm

Something to have in mind for the future would be the possibility of adding some form of stat training. Maybe with lessons in the scedule and a cost per lesson. Say 100gp per point per lesson, so going from Style 2 to 3 would be 3 lessons at 200gp a lesson and going from Style 9 to 10 would take 10 lessons at 900 per lesson. Or it could be another function of the Special Projects system?

jackrabbit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top