BUG THREAD - SIBR1X .91a +

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BUG THREAD - SIBR1X .91a +

Post by emcioran on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:38 am

Please post bugs for SIBR1X release .91a+ here. Thanks!

emcioran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BUG THREAD - SIBR1X .91a +

Post by Ironvein on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:13 pm

Bugs:

Early mission complete button crashes game (at least on 'add girl' mission)

The window close button doesn't work the same as the close button you added into your form. Noticed this when talking to girls and chat topics stay unclickable the following day if I used the standard close button in the upper right corner (this might be your memory leak issue as well).

Can't find a place to pay bank loans early. Finical Button on main screen didn't seem to work.

Cosmetic Issues (not really bug per se):

Pop up window appear in random places on screen and some need to be moved to be readable.

Windows don't redraw themselves when closing windows on top of them.

Suggestions:

In game tutorial: Something to explain what everything on each window means/does, the first time you open that window only. Pretty much standard thing for games these days.

Ironvein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by turkeyflavouredmonkey on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:06 pm

when Propositioned for sex/hire some of the girls cause the game to crash. so far its only been (I haven't really gotten far into the game so only talked to a couple girls)
ill list the girls the game crashes on here ill put -both if it crashes on sex/hire, - sex if its just sex and -hire if its just hire:
Lindsey -sex
Sally -both
Theresa -both
Martha-both
Haruna Sairenji -both

as i find these crashes ill add onto the list

it also just maybe my installation ill re install see if it stops

turns out it was the installation disregard the previous post
and it turns out reinstalling only fixed some of the girls some still crash when propositioned for sex or hire

Last edited by turkeyflavouredmonkey on Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:58 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : update)

turkeyflavouredmonkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenki on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:50 am

@emcioran

Downloaded .91b patch, but the 'about' information still lists the version build as .91a. Is that a typo? I haven't had the issues listed in either .91 version, but I am having crashes on the proposition 'sex' and 'hire'.

Kenki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by turkeyflavouredmonkey on Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Kenki wrote:@emcioran

Downloaded .91b patch, but the 'about' information still lists the version build as .91a. Is that a typo? I haven't had the issues listed in either .91 version, but I am having crashes on the proposition 'sex' and 'hire'.

extract the game again it helps with the crash on hire and sex propositions but does not fix it though since i extracted the files a 3rd time it hasnt happened yet

turkeyflavouredmonkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenki on Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:04 am

@emcioran,

So, using the .91b patch and was doing fine, reloading to avoid the 'Hire More Girls' mission. Just completed the 'Get a girl to 2 Cleaning' mission. Now I am experiencing crashes on proposition 'sex' & 'hire'. Wish I could give you more information to help track down this bug.

**EDIT**

I might have more information about the proposition bug. So I was unable to proposition after completing the 'Cleaning' mission. After my next mission started, I was able to successfully proposition another girl and hired her. Following the completion of the mission, 'Raise a girl to Rank 5', I was unable to proposition again. However, as I suspected, once the next mission started, I was able to successfully proposition another girl. The bug seems to be related to completion of missions, but is only present when there is no current mission. As soon as another mission starts you can interact freely without any crashes.

Last edited by Kenki on Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:44 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added new information about 'crash' bug)

Kenki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hentajus on Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:40 pm

Shouldn't the functions under "propose" be permanently grayed out when the girl agrees? I mean now you can just get her to be your girlfriend and keep pressing "leave" then come back to her again and click "propose > girlfriend" again and gain a lot of the relationship stat... so just repeat that and you can quickly hire girls. Pretty sure that's a bug/glitch Smile ?
hentajus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by minilono on Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:34 am

I'm getting the dumps on sex/hire too. Not sure it's mission related - I think first fail was before 1st mission completes.

Note that I have all the GPACs loaded, 290 girls or so in all. The two that failed are indexed in the low and high 200s. I'll try one <100 when I get some more time to play.

Also, I've noticed that loading a save game clears my debt. Don't make it too easy, emcioran!

minilono

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by angelofblood on Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:56 pm

Kenki wrote:@emcioran,
I might have more information about the proposition bug. So I was unable to proposition after completing the 'Cleaning' mission. After my next mission started, I was able to successfully proposition another girl and hired her. Following the completion of the mission, 'Raise a girl to Rank 5', I was unable to proposition again. However, as I suspected, once the next mission started, I was able to successfully proposition another girl. The bug seems to be related to completion of missions, but is only present when there is no current mission. As soon as another mission starts you can interact freely without any crashes.

This seems to be the case, I've tested this for a while and the crashes seem to only happen when not on a mission. That combined with the info from the error "Exception Code: c0000005" which usually indicate a NULL pointer being accessed. I assume the game is trying to access the current mission, but crashes because the current mission pointer is a NULL pointer.

I hope this helps U solve the issue.

angelofblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by emcioran on Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:58 pm

angelofblood wrote:
Kenki wrote:@emcioran,

This seems to be the case, I've tested this for a while and the crashes seem to only happen when not on a mission. That combined with the info from the error "Exception Code: c0000005" which usually indicate a NULL pointer being accessed. I assume the game is trying to access the current mission, but crashes because the current mission pointer is a NULL pointer.

I hope this helps U solve the issue.

+ Yep, you were pretty much spot on. I had a data structure with an element that needed to be checked daily. When no mission was in play it tried checking a non-existent pointer. Its fixed in .92a in the releases section.

Thanks!
emcioran

emcioran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzuangel on Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:59 am

using v.921a

The game crashes whenever a girl tries to sell a customer an item (I have confirmed that it happens with the "OH-OH-OOOOH Ring" and "Penile Supplicant[sic - should probably be Supplement although the existing wording is entertaining too Wink ]"),

zuzuangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alianuakusu on Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:12 pm

I encounter frequent crashes when reaching the SUMMARY Event

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: sb3.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4f075888
Fault Module Name: sb3.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4f075888
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000dcf9a
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1041
Additional Information 1: 4e47
Additional Information 2: 4e4791c983a667d7a492b8c51e4d9df7
Additional Information 3: 67f5
Additional Information 4: 67f50fe3f4b6627d0b7749e1366703b6

And Yeah, I'm using the .92a already. The thing is that its happening on irregular occasions. Sometimes restarting the game makes me take the hurdle soemtimes it doesnt.
Still pretty annoying to restart the game every second or third day...

*Update* nn keeping the Joker instead of turning it in immediately, seems to help. But IF it is turned in he handles the situation with the 0 thingy and the game crashes.. any ideas!?
*Update 2* Nothing wrong with the joker, sex toy must be the perpetrator ^^

Last edited by Alianuakusu on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Alianuakusu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by angelofblood on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:35 am

I've been encountering the same error frequently,so I've been taking tabs on which events I've seen during the day transitions. The only event I haven't seen are the sales of sex toys, possibly that's causing the crashes.

I've also noticed minor bug where U can "hire" the same girl multiple times:If you hire a girl in town, U can still go talk to her for the rest of the week, this allows U to hire her multiple times. Her name will appear multiple times in the girls list, though she only counts as 1.

I'm using .921a

EDIT:
After removing the sex toys from my save file I haven't experienced any crashes so far in the day transitions, I'm fairly certain the issue lies within the selling of the sex toys.

angelofblood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alianuakusu on Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:23 pm

angelofblood wrote:I've been encountering the same error frequently,so I've been taking tabs on which events I've seen during the day transitions. The only event I haven't seen are the sales of sex toys, possibly that's causing the crashes.

I've also noticed minor bug where U can "hire" the same girl multiple times:If you hire a girl in town, U can still go talk to her for the rest of the week, this allows U to hire her multiple times. Her name will appear multiple times in the girls list, though she only counts as 1.

I'm using .921a

EDIT:
After removing the sex toys from my save file I haven't experienced any crashes so far in the day transitions, I'm fairly certain the issue lies within the selling of the sex toys.

Up to now I couldnt pinpoint it out, but.. you're right! ^^
I created a vanilla game >> bought sex toy and did 1 round >> immediate crash!
Without it I tested for around 50+ rounds and nothing peticular happened.

Seems to resolve my issue. Can you tell me how to find the offset for the Sex toys? Would be much appreciated :3
Alianuakusu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top