BUG THREAD - SIBR1X .95a +

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BUG THREAD - SIBR1X .95a +

Post by emcioran on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:30 am

Please post bugs found in .95a and above.

emcioran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BUG THREAD - SIBR1X .95a +

Post by goom on Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:56 am

After spending action points in the Talk to Girl dialog, it doesn't update the action point count in the main dialog.

goom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adrudh on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:08 am

Downloaded fine and installed fine, but when I went to run it, it gave me a divide by zero error and my computer started closing all programs and trying to shut down. This is on a windows 7 SP1 x64 laptop. The interesting thing is that it functioned fine on a windows xp computer that is fairly old. My guess is that it has to do with the difference between 64- and 32- bit OSs, but I have no concrete evidence, or a way to fix it or even find out what precisely the problem is.

If anyone has any advice for me, I would really appreciate it, as I want to play this game on my own computer as opposed to trying to borrow someone else's.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: If this is related to .NET Framework, my computer is currently running 1.1

Edit2: Disregard this, I'm an idiot for not reading back in the bugs forum first.
Setting exceptions in the DEP made it work fine.
Thank you for the awesome game and try to ignore my idiocy.

adrudh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DrMack on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:24 am

For some reason the rank a girl up mission fails for me even when I have a girl ranked up that high.

DrMack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rand007 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:12 pm

Encountered the same bug as DrMack

rand007

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rand007 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:26 pm

Finding stuff while strolling on the beach time off still doesn't work.. If anything it seems to have gotten worse since I now got text that I found something with only the Lucky special. I didn't even have Seeker special.

rand007

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rand007 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:31 pm

And now I actually found a passion ring without having the skill..

rand007

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scottm on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:04 pm

Ya i am finding items without the seeker skill as well; this makes it way too easy cause you can just pick up a girl, give her the luck skill, then set her to rest everyday.

My inventory seemed to be updating okay

The building occupancy doesn't update when I sell a girl via the wanted ads

scottm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aetheric on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:30 am

I can confirm the lucky/seeker bug. i also get the stuff with just lucky but not seeker girls (and mostly not the cheap stuff...)

Another bug: if I sell my second girl, the game crashes whenever I hire a new one. As soon as I have three girls I can sell and hire, as long as there are always at least 2 girls left. Also sold girls count as if you still own them (they take space in the house and level up if they have enough xp left, no money gain or such though).

Also there is still the Hire-with-one-AP glitch: Talk in town with a girl. Propose friends and press space till the like bar is at about one quarter. Then press the Tab-key and continue (it's propose->girlfriend then) then when she is in love tab-space (Proposition->sex) until the bar is full and then again tab-space to hire the girl. One can do this with only one AP left, then the AP become negative.

aetheric

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by emcioran on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:56 am

Yeah, sorry about the seeker issues. I had some testing code in that greatly increased the likelihood of finding items. I forgot to remove it for the release. Its fixed in the next one. Also, the next version won't load all the images at start up which will GREATLY reduce the memory usage and makes the game start up A LOT faster. The above noted bugs should be fixed as well.

Thanks,
emcioran

emcioran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:00 am

it is normal that finished the jokers?because a week it happened to me or it give me 2 in a single time,some time when i talk with town's girl the action button (ie give money) doesn't refresh so it is still locked if i gave money the day before...
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:01 am

ah a couple of time i had 4 instead of 3 ap....
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LosT98 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:07 am

hmm somehow i cant get it to work on my windows it worked just fine on it till version SIBR1X .92 but this version is not working at all any idea why

LosT98

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldritch on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:16 pm

Specials>Stats>upgrading from Seductive to Heartbreaker FAILS on 2 levels:
- instead of increasing the charisma, it lowers it (had 27 Charisma and after I've hit Heartbreaker, charisma was at 25)
- leaves the Heartbreaker button purpled out so it can't be pushed anymore (unlike the others)

EDIT: Ah, SORRY for my preavious report error as now I see that 25 is the limit to Attributes, yet the limit should work always. I mean that I shouldn't be able to get more than 25 lets say charisma at any point of the game.

Eldritch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ikillforfun on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:27 am

So the girlmaker exe keeps on crashing. Any idea on how to fix it???

I tried running it on windows vista sp2 in for comptability mode and it still crashes

ikillforfun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grom47 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:28 pm

Unless I'm still not understanding the mechanics of the game, I don't think the "Irresistible" special is working as intended. If a girl always upsells one sex type, I assume that if a customer goes in looking for a handjob and gets upsold they end up with a blowjob etc. Currently I see the girls with irresistible are giving handjobs to customers seeking handjobs.

grom47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LilJur on Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:42 am

In .96, when trying to have sex with a girl from town, my game gets a run time error
+ SB: Game now only loads face images at start up and loads sex pics on the fly.
And i think that's the source of the problem

LilJur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fires_flair on Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:10 am

propositioning sex crashed the game (was also a joker mission)
and how do you gain 'special' points?
and is or isn't rank the girl's level (otherwise how do we increase it?)

fires_flair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmasterzoc on Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:28 am

Special points are gained every 5 levels if i remember correctly.

also emcioran, these are just some minor glitches with girlmaker. when you increased the prices of the girls in the game, I think you forgot to adjust the cost for the overpowered message in girlmaker. the message is currently set for 1800 and many of the starting girls are within 1800-2100. it should probably be set to 2600-3000.

and when trying to delete girls, if you click no on the confirmation box, it goes back to the girlmaker, but the delete button becomes deactivated and you cannot click on it again until you restart girlmaker

kevmasterzoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by satellite18 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:23 am

LilJur wrote:In .96, when trying to have sex with a girl from town, my game gets a run time error
+ SB: Game now only loads face images at start up and loads sex pics on the fly.
And i think that's the source of the problem
I've noticed it only crashed with old save files. In a new game it will 'freeze' on that particular girl (only if the proposition was successful) so you need to leave and go back to make any more progress, but it won't completely crash the game. I would also guess that loading pics on the fly might be the culprit though.

satellite18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky on Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:09 pm

I just tried out .96 myself, and am actually getting the same run time errors that LilJur described - seemingly regardless of whether I use a new game file or an old .95 save.
Sky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jackrabbit on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:08 pm

I can confirm LilJur's sex crash bug.

I have another to add too: If you try to give a sex lesson to a girl that has maxed out that specific skill the game crashes.

jackrabbit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inflatable Bob on Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:47 pm

For some reason I can't add pictures in Girl Maker any more. I drag them over the "drop images here to add" box, and nothing happens. They're images that worked in previous versions, and I'm running GM in Vista SP2 compatability mode (tried a few different ones too), and I can't get it to work.

Inflatable Bob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Demoik on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:27 am

Yeah, I'm getting that "Fatal runtime error
bad file number <-1>" message as well. I mean, I've ALWAYS gotten most of the time, whenever I started the game. It used to be, though, that if I was lucky every now and then it wouldn't happen when I started the game. Now, it seems I have to worry about it happening every time I try to have sex with someone, or atleast when I try to do it before I hire them.

Demoik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grom47 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:30 am

I'm getting the same thing in .96

In .95 I've started a new game in Difficult, and now I'm getting a freeze some time after day 100. After ending the day if I hit the summary button nothing happens. If instead I hit Next Customer or Next House I can go through the usual actions until the last customer of the day. After that nothing. The Next Customer/Next House/Summary buttons are active, but nothing happens when hitting them. If I remember correctly from my first game, this is around where the one advertizement occurred.

grom47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top