BUG THREAD - SIBR1X .97a +

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: BUG THREAD - SIBR1X .97a +

Post by Wenli on Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:51 am

Have a problem with fonts and fields positions and size. Some fields are cut. (using win 7 64)

http://i43.servimg.com/u/f43/17/43/59/39/bag211.png

Wenli

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenki on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:19 am

@Emcioran,

I have been having some random crashes when proceeding through the 'End Day' phase. I am not sure if its related to specific girls. I think there may be at least one.

So I tried to note which customer the crash was occuring on and which house. I tried to look back through the customer logs, but I am unable to identify all of the listed variables. Hopefully you can find a common theme from all the logs I am uploading.

I will continue to keep records on crashes, let me know if you need anything else.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kai6gyy28wxsd0v

Kenki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jerymaster on Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:14 am

hi there. i'm on version 0.973a, in easy, i have 6 girl and 4 building(1,2,3,5) and on day 120 to 125
When i want to have sex with someone in town, and the girl would want to, the game crash. i know that the girl would want cause it happen only when i'm about 80 or 90% of the love bar. I tested it with 5 girl and the game crash every time for the same reason.
*edit* it open a message who say
"fatal run-time error
bad file number(-1)

press enter..."
and if i press enter it close the game.

jerymaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CeeBod on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:22 pm

Kenki wrote:@Emcioran,

I have been having some random crashes when proceeding through the 'End Day' phase. I am not sure if its related to specific girls. I think there may be at least one.

So I tried to note which customer the crash was occuring on and which house. I tried to look back through the customer logs, but I am unable to identify all of the listed variables. Hopefully you can find a common theme from all the logs I am uploading.

I will continue to keep records on crashes, let me know if you need anything else.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kai6gyy28wxsd0v

Personally I found the game crashing more and more frequently as the day count increased - it was pretty much rock solid on early turns, by about the 1 year point, I was having an average of more than 1 crash for every successful end day (sometimes cycling through each customer worked, sometimes hitting 'next building' until my final building and then 'next customer' to the end worked, sometimes just hitting 'end day' 'summary' worked, even when reloading after exactly the same combination had just crashed it - there didn't seem any rhyme or reason to what worked and what crashed, there was no obvious commonality with missions in progress, customer type or girl number to the crashes) at day 480-something it crashed every single time I hit 'Summary' after 'End Day', and by then I had a lot of girls and a lot of buildings - cycling through every customer resulted in a crash before getting through half of the buildings, and hitting 'next building' repeatedly to try to progress that way resulted in a hard-lock crash, which only a reboot of my system could get around, after which neither simb or girlmaker will work at all (I assume the crash corrupted something) Sad

This was all on .972a with a number of GPACs installed, running on Win7 64bit, in XP compatibility mode with visual themes disabled (disabling visual themes seemed to slightly reduce the occurence of crashing, but not by much! Compatability modes really seemed to make not one iota of difference)

One thing I'd already noticed as a bug was that a number of girl bonuses appear to stack incorrectly, and the numbers showing for sex weariness had started getting silly. My first girl went from a value of 35, down towards 0 as she saw more customers, and reset at 35 when she rested, so that worked as expected, but the girl at the bottom of the first page had a sex weariness number that had reached about 20,000 and she never needed rest (it had obviously never reset, and stacking bonuses meant it was climbing by more than it reduced turn after turn) - could it be something like a buffer overflow from this kind of thing causing the crashes?

CeeBod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenki on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:34 am

Well, I noticed that crashes occurred when hitting 'Next Customer'; HOWEVER, the next customer info never appeared in the text box. This to me, signaled that the crash might be related to the next customer.

Unfortunately, to be able to investigate this further, I would need to understand all the variables listed in the Customer Log.

It could very well be something related to the girls stats, but then, why are the crashes so sporadic? Why isn't the same girl triggering a crash every time she saw a specific number of customers?

The only variable that is continuously randomized after loading (Which allows bypass of the crashes) is the customer that visits. Each time its a different type of customer, looking for a different set of traits, wanting a different service, with a different amount of cash on hand. My guess, is that there is a commonality in there, I just don't know how to read the customer log.

New Bug:

Was it intentional to set the training for the 5th level of a Girls Sex Stats to 9999 when you 'talk to a girl'? The first few levels seem to scale normally, anywhere from 40 talks to 140+, but the 5th and final level always shows up as 9999 talks required.

Last edited by Kenki on Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New Bug)

Kenki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grom47 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:31 am

grom47 wrote: Unfortunately my computer has died. I'm using an ancient system that I rescued to try and familiarize myself with Linux. I've tried running in Wine, it works... sort of. Since the game is intended for Windows I wont go into details, unless emcioran wishes. So unless/until I build another Windows system, or I get bored enough to play through the annoyances, I'm going to be reduced to lurker status.

Not that I've been missed, but I got my Windows computer running again. So, hopefully...

grom47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Troll in a Hat on Thu May 03, 2012 7:35 pm

Noted a bug:
When propositioned for sex, if the girl accepts, then the pic displayed is actually a sex pic from the next girl down on the girl maker list. However, if acquired and working in the brothels, the sex pics function as normal.
Troll in a Hat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbyketchup on Tue May 22, 2012 8:51 am

I have a new one, I'm still on .972, but it seems that once a girl hits level 109, and you select her in the girls menu, the game crashes

bobbyketchup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by acro on Wed May 23, 2012 6:54 pm

Multiple Joker Glitch

I'm on day 124 with a mission to complete (bribe mayor £1500). I click on the complete button to access the Joker menu and pick any one of the four jokers. I left the 'Choose Joker' menu open and went and used the joker on Kurohime. When I returned to the choose joker menu and clicked on Done the menu stayed open and allowed me to select 3 more jokers, so I got 4 jokers for 1 mission.

Works everytime I load the save but didn't work when I tried it at the beginning of a new game.

acro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by acro on Wed May 23, 2012 6:55 pm

Oh and if I left the menu open and kept using each additional Joker on Kurohime it still closed after the 4th joker, so it isn't endless but still a glitch\bug.

Note: The above did not happen with the next joker (Have sex with town girl).

acro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Jim on Fri May 25, 2012 5:11 am

Crashed when I attempted to use the heliophant card... it's supposed to give all my girls experience, but I got it early and still only had one girl... don't know if that makes a difference. Anyway, it crashed when I used it.

Oh, another card...the moon, I believe, says it's worth 10,000, but only gives you 5,000.
Just Jim

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/jim.peck.545

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Jim on Fri May 25, 2012 5:14 am

acro wrote:Multiple Joker Glitch

I'm on day 124 with a mission to complete (bribe mayor £1500). I click on the complete button to access the Joker menu and pick any one of the four jokers. I left the 'Choose Joker' menu open and went and used the joker on Kurohime. When I returned to the choose joker menu and clicked on Done the menu stayed open and allowed me to select 3 more jokers, so I got 4 jokers for 1 mission.

Works everytime I load the save but didn't work when I tried it at the beginning of a new game.

This isn't a glitch... I don't rememebr the card's name, but one of the Jokers gives you three more free random jokers.
Just Jim

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/jim.peck.545

Back to top Go down

Post by acro on Fri May 25, 2012 6:17 pm

Just Jim wrote:
acro wrote:Multiple Joker Glitch

This isn't a glitch... I don't rememebr the card's name, but one of the Jokers gives you three more free random jokers.

This wasn't with the multiple joker card and the same happened later on but I only got two jokers (1 additional joker), and this one was an increase stat card.

On a different note I'm around day 200 and so far had two missions where I've had to:

Hire 0 Town Girls
Sleep with 0 Town Girls

These seem a bit easy this far into the game

acro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top