Unnamed remake of Simbrothel

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unnamed remake of Simbrothel

Post by darcsatos on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:12 am

I have been working on a similar game to Sim-brothel for around 6 to 8 months now, with the help of two friends.

Me and two of my other friends have worked on it, each of us majoring in certain areas of the game, ( Me being a flash expert and Art designer, and the others working on several aspects using Java and other help with code ) and although its far from finished, One of my friends, while searching for something came across Sim-brothel as a flash, Google'd it, and then we ended up here.

After playing the game myself I like the dynamics of it, and its similar to the one we are working on, however our game has (much) more code and could very well take hours or even days to complete a full run through of the game, even at its early stages. A few things my game has is a much more dynamic and complex character building system, along with many more options and management sections, along with different areas, equipments, and so on and so forth.

I'm sure if anyone is here still that Ill come back with updates on my game, I plan on posting it on several sites such as newgrounds and what not.
Until then, ciao!

darcsatos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unnamed remake of Simbrothel

Post by LilJur on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:36 pm

So you've been working on it on quiet some time right?
How far are you with the progress?

LilJur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kahhuganah on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:02 pm

how soon until beta

kahhuganah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by darcsatos on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:05 pm

Well we had planned to release it early 2013 or late 2012, but we might open it sooner if everything works out fine.

The last few weeks on it has been going awesome, tons of new ideas and add-ons.

As far as progress, I would say around halfway compete to around 3/4ths.
I'm Not sure if there will be a beta, And if there is, it wont be long from now until its open.

Heres a little taste of what you guys might have in store..
[game description]

Its around 867.34 MB in size. And we still have a lot of pictures to add.
Backgrounds of city's that are animated, Sounds ranging from traditional Japanese and Chinese instrumental music, all the way to bustling city sounds and nature. Demographics and statistics that are easy to manage. We made sure that there would be plenty of Diversity and challenge in the game, so be prepared for Disasters, Death, and more.

Our Original Plan was to make several city's with different houses and markets, But we are still brainstorming in that area.

Other Ideas we are considering/Working on are:
- adding 200 Girls to the game (currently are only 60)
- adding Mini quest to specific Girls and characters
- adding in a RPG element (50/50 chance, not sure yet)
- adding in 100 Buildings (currently only 30-ish)
- House Tiers 1 to 10, along with building upgrades and management
- Girl Tiers and special ability

Any ideas from you guys would help! don't be shy. Unfortunately i know some of you are going to want to actually SEE the progress, but since I do this for a living, the game might end up on CD or for buy on digital download. (anywhere from 5 to 15 USD) i promise it wont be more then that though.

I'm sure that's plenty of info for you guys now, ciao!

darcsatos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WonderKid on Tue May 01, 2012 4:22 am

It may sound weird but if you really want to make some more money you could make a game that relates to foot fetish with the same type of engine. I know a bunch of guys that will buy that game because the foot fetish market is huge you'll be surprised. If I would have stuck with my programming training I would try to push a project myself but it didn't go my way. I hope some developers consider this someday. LOL

WonderKid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WonderKid on Tue May 01, 2012 4:22 am

It may sound weird but if you really want to make some more money you could make a game that relates to foot fetish with the same type of engine. I know a bunch of guys that will buy that game because the foot fetish market is huge you'll be surprised. If I would have stuck with my programming training I would try to push a project myself but it didn't go my way. I hope some developers consider this someday. LOL

WonderKid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JakolasDuberton on Wed May 02, 2012 2:40 am

This is just what I do with the current game; you folks might not be interested.

I don't know about others, but I always apply limits to my girls' development to make the game more challenging. For example, I make it so that they can only get individual skills to certain levels, as well as certain sexual talents, even if I have the points necessary to improve them. I use an Excel database to track which of the girls will be limited in what ways. As such, some of my girls are great prostitutes, but not good at anything else, whereas others work best utilizing their job-skills (bar tending, running gambling, etc.), and a small number of girls are just good at everything. Of course, equipment can provide boosts beyond a girl's limitations, and random stat-boosting events in SimBro2 prevent me from maintaining the system perfectly, but at least it's more of a challenge than letting all girls develop equally.

Not everyone likes this kind of challenging element, though... so perhaps there would be an option to turn off limits? Or maybe an option to let the player set the limits for individual girls?

JakolasDuberton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delor317 on Wed May 02, 2012 9:40 am

Actually I think that is a great idea because as it is now I was getting bored with the repetitiveness. The other thing I was also dissatisfied with was the joker quests going beyond possible limits.

I have lost most of my art and programming skill so I can't contribute much but what I can do is provide useful feedback on the feel and use of the program. Bright side to autism is when you find some to get into you really get into the small details too lol.

Delor317

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delor317 on Wed May 02, 2012 11:45 pm

darcsatos wrote:Well we had planned to release it early 2013 or late 2012, but we might open it sooner if everything works out fine.

The last few weeks on it has been going awesome, tons of new ideas and add-ons.

As far as progress, I would say around halfway compete to around 3/4ths.
I'm Not sure if there will be a beta, And if there is, it wont be long from now until its open.

Heres a little taste of what you guys might have in store..
[game description]

Its around 867.34 MB in size. And we still have a lot of pictures to add.
Backgrounds of city's that are animated, Sounds ranging from traditional Japanese and Chinese instrumental music, all the way to bustling city sounds and nature. Demographics and statistics that are easy to manage. We made sure that there would be plenty of Diversity and challenge in the game, so be prepared for Disasters, Death, and more.

Our Original Plan was to make several city's with different houses and markets, But we are still brainstorming in that area.

- adding 200 Girls to the game (currently are only 60)
- adding in a RPG element (50/50 chance, not sure yet)
- adding in 100 Buildings (currently only 30-ish)

Any ideas from you guys would help! don't be shy. Unfortunately i know some of you are going to want to actually SEE the progress, but since I do this for a living, the game might end up on CD or for buy on digital download. (anywhere from 5 to 15 USD) i promise it wont be more then that though.

I'm sure that's plenty of info for you guys now, ciao!

Well why not give it more of a story. Kinda like how Monster Rancher gives you an assistant that helps you through the game with information and how-tos.

Delor317

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 03, 2012 8:08 am

Well maybe this is a useless comment but I think the amount of girls should be limited so the game is not bogged down with low quality. After all that is much preferred to quantity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Delor317 on Thu May 03, 2012 8:40 am

I agree with you on the quality over quantity. The only issue though is that you need to keep the variety. Maybe something like the game picks a random number of the girls in your game that show up then let you recruit no more than you can put into rooms. In fact it would be amazing if they set it up to watch your preferences and adjusts the girls at market to match. Granted the recruiting won't do it so that you can still have access to more tags. And if there is a sex slave feature have the option to let them go free which will either make them disappear or they ask to stay.

Delor317

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by darcsatos on Sat May 05, 2012 11:31 pm

Gerard wrote:Well maybe this is a useless comment but I think the amount of girls should be limited so the game is not bogged down with low quality. After all that is much preferred to quantity.

Just because I am adding LOTS of girls, houses, and what-not, it does not affect the quality of the game at all, because we worked on the mechanics and based the game of the quality first, rather then the elements of the game.

Delor317 wrote:I agree with you on the quality over quantity. The only issue though is that you need to keep the variety. Maybe something like the game picks a random number of the girls in your game that show up then let you recruit no more than you can put into rooms. In fact it would be amazing if they set it up to watch your preferences and adjusts the girls at market to match. Granted the recruiting won't do it so that you can still have access to more tags. And if there is a sex slave feature have the option to let them go free which will either make them disappear or they ask to stay.

Ironically, something like this is already implemented and working fine. Smile There are many random events that happen throughout the game as well, to houses, girls, yourself, and other things in the environment.

To your other posts, the game has several difficulty modes, ranging from Super Easy to Nightmare. Easy has very few bad random events, girls are cheaper, houses are cheaper, so on and so forth. Vice verse for Harder modes. And if that's not enough, we've even added special features such as Loli / Futa. that can be turned on and off at your disposal.

There is also a basic tutorial there for anyone in mind for using it. (it will recommend you play the tutorial before you play.)

darcsatos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by darcsatos on Sat May 05, 2012 11:39 pm

- adding 200 Girls to the game (currently are only 127)
- adding in a RPG element (confirmed, adding it.)
- adding in 100 Buildings (currently only 45)
- Random slave market choosing based on your level, girls, houses, and other factors around the game.
- Quests for money, items, etc... (maybe, RPG element..)
- Slave market, Drug market, 10+ Different areas to travel to.
- Possibly a Final Fantasy-like sprite game... (NO CLUE YET LOL)
- Traditional Japanese music / instrumental (OC stuff ;D)
- More game modes, (IE: futa, loli, etc... maybe picture gallery if you beat on a hard mode? [no replay value] )
-MOUNTAIN DEW Smile

darcsatos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delor317 on Sun May 06, 2012 6:07 am

MOUNTAIN DEW?! Now that's what kicking. lol

Delor317

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Couple things

Post by hilltrot on Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:04 am

If you're selling this, I hope you have some original artwork or else you might have some significant problems with copyright. Right now Simbro is avoiding this by keeping under the radar and being "free".

You might come across significant resistance once you start trying to sell it.

Next, if you have original artwork, I would suggest selling at about $19.95 to $29.95 in price. (Or even more if the artwork is good.) Original artwork will also allow you to sell your product on DLSITE.

If your game uses someone else's artwork, you'll be unable to force any site from offering a "cracked" version of your game. You also may be forced to lose the intellectual property to the game you wrote if the people whose pictures you're using hire good lawyers. Unlikely, especially if you're only charging $5 a copy, but still. . .

Another option is to sell the game without girls or with only a limited number of "original" ones. Then "point" the users to a mod site where the other girl packs are located. Of course, you'll have to have an unrelated, unpaid (by you) person to load those mods for you. Bethsoft, Firaxis, and others have been very good at this. In this way people have "violated" copyright without the companies themselves getting involved. This allows you to sell your program without fear of anyone coming after you.

Just some thoughts.

hilltrot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Why?

Post by Voduxe on Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:37 pm

Two "why" question I had. Why death? Seriously, I don't want hotness like those anime girls dying. Second, and probably not important, why isn't it named yet?

Voduxe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top