Special Project Rebalancing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Special Project Rebalancing

Post by N0where_Man on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:34 am

As it stands now, special projects scale horribly with complexity. Currently, I can have a photo spread have a 89 starting quality and a roughly 380 end quality, while shooting a film manages to start with around 8 and ends around 120-ish quality (My lead girl has about 2x the power of the others due to maxed int). The end result of this massive quality difference is that both projects net the same amount of initial money, while the photo spread lasts around 10 weeks and the film lasts around 6. Not only does the photo spread wind up making more money, but the spread takes 1/3 the time and less than 1/3 the cost as well as only 1/2 the girls required. (Specialty, all girls have identical traits for all projects.)

As it stands, the scaling seems to make it so that any special project other than the simplest one seems to be a waste.

N0where_Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Special Project Rebalancing

Post by emcioran on Thu May 31, 2012 4:49 pm

Can you do some more research on this? I know Special Projects needs more balancing but I have not had enough time to test it to find the trouble spots. If anyone wants to spend a few game efforts to provide more in depth feedback about how projects compare over time I would really like to rebalance this code. Something like:

Project: Photo Shoot
Lead Girl Abby (stats) (relevant specials)
Girl 2 Donna (stats) (specs)

End profit: $xxxxxx Start Qual / ENd QUal

Provide that data for each project for a few play sessions. Knowing how the projects improve over time would greatly help this part of the gameplay.

Also, just general impressions of how it works can help as well.

Thanks for the feedback!
emcioran

emcioran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:47 am

Personally the only real problem I found with special projects while I was playing was that they only seemed useful during the relatively early stages of the game - where a guaranteed cash boost for a couple of weeks is useful. Once I'd managed to buy a couple of the bigger houses and better daily AP rates, I pretty much had an unbeatable empire growing - making special projects an interesting, though unnecessary effort. Though the balancing is an issue, I feel that keeping the projects relevant throughout all stages of the game is a more immediate concern.

The only remedy I can think of is to have projects offer more than just money. The simplist solution would be for the projects to give extra experience or bouns ability/special points - since once the girls get to the higher levels, special points are harder to come by and hence more valuable. A more difficult solution would be to add an extra dimension to the game by having special projects provide a resource you can't get anywhere else - say fame or notority points that could be used to gain certain bonuses in customer numbers and quality - over and beyond that of advertising or location.
Sky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top