Skill and Stat Limitations?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Skill and Stat Limitations?

Post by JakolasDuberton on Wed May 02, 2012 3:05 am

Pretty much the only thing that bothers me about SimBro2 is that all the girls are capable of reaching the maximum value of their stats and skills, which in turn makes for a fairly easy game. To add a bit of a challenge, I propose enforcing limits to stats, which of course differ from girl to girl. I do this on my own as it is, and it makes things a bit interesting as I have to be more careful which girls I purchase depending upon my needs/interests. Some of the girls are set up to be great prostitutes to always keep the customers happy, whereas others have great skills (cooking, bar tending, gambling, etc). I also apply 'focuses' on my girls, which determines what sexual talents (fetish, handjob, etc.) they excel at. Only a very few girls would be good at all stats. When limitations are reached, random events and equipment may still raise the stats, but gaining levels would no longer serve any purpose save for getting Special Points, which would also be limited on an individual basis.

Of course, personal editing is a major draw for this game, and we wouldn't want to take it away. Adding an option to remove limits would be a must for those players who just want to grind the stats. Also, thinking on GirlMaker, it would need to give the players the ability to choose what the limitations for any new girls will be. Perhaps there could even be a 'random limits' option to make it such that the girls' limits are randomized with every new game, forcing the player to pay much more attention to the maximum stats of individual girls.

Last but not least, there could be an 'automatic development' option which, if turned on, has the girls decide for themselves how they want to improve their stats and skills with each level up. They would, of course, be prone to improve their specializations over their weaknesses, but will still be stuck with the set limitations (if any).

JakolasDuberton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skill and Stat Limitations?

Post by emcioran on Thu May 31, 2012 4:44 pm

This is an interesting idea. I am going to puzzle it over and see if there is a nice clean way to implement it. It will require a bunch of code cleanup and interface tweaks though.

emcioran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiSakurai on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:53 am

well.... more than limitations for each girl i would prefer i the limitations would be associated with the girl's traits
like warriors can have high self defense while lolli would have rather early limit for self defense so it can be only low
or like slutty girls could be good for prostitue
outgoing good for bartering....
big boobs for advertising....
playful for gambling...
trendy for dress up...
and so on

the traits arent very important yet anyway
they should be focused more
for example nurses always have nurse skill right from the beginning(without needing to have tidy and handy before)
and athlete the trainer skill
and warrior trait should have bonus effect on security or that they get hurt less often even when raped in dungeon

i suggest u give the traits more purposes
KaiSakurai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JakolasDuberton on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:33 am

I had a similar idea involving traits to KaiSakurai's: giving the girls individual 'Grades'. The Grade of a girl would be independent of limits and determine starting stats, which are directly related to a girl's traits.

For example, a Grade A girl would have all stats be at 9 initially. Give the girl the 'meek' Trait and her charisma, tolerance, and libido would drop slightly, but she'd gain intellect and perhaps some cooking/cleaning points.

In short, the Grade determines the average starting values of a girl's and stats, and the Traits tweak those starting values for better or worse.

Of course it would still be imperative to let the player tweak these elements in GirlMaker.

JakolasDuberton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JakolasDuberton on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:51 am

Oh, and one more thing, albeit a touch off topic:

We have a 'Big Boob' trait, which is all well and good. But where's the 'Fine Ass' trait?

JakolasDuberton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top