BUG THREAD - SIBR1X .974a +

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: BUG THREAD - SIBR1X .974a +

Post by MrWeird on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:06 am

Update to the new 976 version! This bug has been solved!

MrWeird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by riddlebox1321 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:27 am

Sibr1x .976a is registered as a Trojan.Gen (Mal/EncPk-Ze) by Sophos and Norton. Now I know Norton is known for mistakenly registering files and applications for viruses especially when they are little known and associated with unclean downloads (or someone with money that doesn't like you), but I just wanted to double check and inform.
riddlebox1321

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belugah on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:44 pm

More of an error than a bug but:

I got a runtime service error whilst playing sb3, and now it won't open.

I have had these errors on the loading screen before, but have been able to re-open the game after closing the window.

Now when I double click the icon, my computer shows that it is processing and the application shows up on my task manager.

But after a few cesonds, the games stops without even making the loading screen.

I'm running widows 7, and have tried to run in both service pack 3, Vista SP2, and running as an administrator.

I have also tried re-extracing the files and running an unlpayed version but to no avail.

I had no problems with .974 nor with the .975 patch. Do I have to redownload the file? Or is there another fix?

Belugah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belugah on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:46 pm

Another thing to mention about the error I have is that the girl-maker still opens. If that helps.

Belugah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teiko on Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:06 pm

Did you check that you had a starting girl in the girl manager ?
Teiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belugah on Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:35 pm

Many thanks Teiko, that's solved the problem.

Belugah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teiko on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:25 am

Good to hear ^^
Teiko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BokyS on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:34 am

Hello there,
Now I know this was asked many times but belive me when I say I tryed everything, so when I run grilmaker I can't add photos I drag them to box and nothing happens I tryed literaly everything from running in vista,xp converting to bitmaps etc...

This happens on new version old one seemed to run fine idk what happend any help?

BokyS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by conorwf on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:15 am

Big question for me is are you making a new girl or adding pictures to an old one?

If you're editing a girl you sometimes have to delete one picture before you can add new ones, usually if they already have the 9 picture max.

If its for new girls and its still not working, try Run as Administrator and see if that helps.
conorwf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BokyS on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:11 pm

Dosen't work either way I tryed run as admin, vista - xp..

BokyS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Jim on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:42 pm

Hey... I'm not sure if this was a bug or what, but I started a game a few days ago, and somehow after one of the missions I ended up with 5 identical jokers.... all the same Kings (get 1 girl free). This was in the first 60 days game time, so there's no way I should have gotten 5 free identical jokers, is there?
Oh, using your latest version .976a
Just Jim

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/jim.peck.545

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Jim on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:40 pm

OK, now I got a bug.... for some reason after day 381 the game crashes if I use the financial report.... using .976a...
I saved the game at both days 380 and 381.... but I'm not sure how to send it to you... and I have to warn you, I've modified my copy a lot as far as the buildings and graphics and such.... But I don't think I did anything that would cause the finance report to bug out....

Is anyone else having this problem???
Just Jim

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/jim.peck.545

Back to top Go down

Post by riddlebox1321 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:07 pm

I have this problem too.
Also, if you have more than 2.14748e+09 (2147483547) in cash the game crashes.
riddlebox1321

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Krunjar on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:37 am

Hey all I know it's my first post but I noticed that someone had problems with a rank 109 girl crashing the game. I have since confirmed this bug with cheats. It seems that once a girl hits 109 she completely borks the games math. It would be nice if you introduced a level cap at 100 as this would be a nice simple fix. However until the devs are kind enough to get round to that you can work around it with cheat engine. All you do is find the girls XP value and set it to 0. Because the game levels up girls as they hit certain xp numbers girls will not lose the level they have gained if their xp is reduced to 0. However they will have to do the entire 0-100 level grind again if they wish to level up. At which point it is not unfeasible to continue to reset their xp to 0.

The one thing to watch out for is that at higher xp numbers the game defers to exponential notation which can make searching for the girls exact xp number difficult so you need to be aware to either have her memory address secure before she hits exponentials or simply freeze her at a level before that happens. Honestly I am not sure that the game hits exponential s before 100 but you may want to make the cutoff point earlier if you are not very familiar with cheat engine.

Another side note is that the value inside the girls individual xp value "wanders" that is when not selecting the girl in question the xp value seems to be stored elsewhere and the memory address is used for other sundry activities. So some twiddling may be required to get the game to store girl xp where you expected it to. Do not worry too much when the address changes because if you replicate the conditions where you saw the girls xp you should see it again.

Oh and Hi everyone this is a pretty amusing little game you've made here. So far i'm not sure I like the flash and the new preview versions as much as SB1X though. I think you should try to keep things as simple as possible with such an interface Smile You really don't want the game to get spreadsheet syndrome. Ever thought of trying kickstarter or something to make a proper game of it though? I think if you want a richer more complex game you are at least going to have to provide some kind of eye candy to keep people interested. A bunch of menu's aint gonna cut it. Of course that's assuming kickstarter would take a project like this. Personally I can't see the problem but you know what the worlds like. It's got a giant stick up it's ass.

EDIT : OK scratch the cheat engine rubbish. Man your games memory address's get slippery when the number of girls go up. It is much easier to simply open up the savegame in a text editor and simply /f the experience number and change it. But the basic principle is the same.

EDIT : OK I've now run into a bug which i can't solve. When i click the scheduler it is all white no spreadsheet no nothing and even though all the girls are assigned to a building and have the appropriate work assignments the punter's don't get serviced they keep thinking no girls are available.

Krunjar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top