Uber Sim Brothel!!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Uber Sim Brothel!!!!!!!

Post by DraxHollowKnight on Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:36 am

I want to be a part of making a Sim brothel game, I cannot do this alone because of my zero coding ability. But I will provide ideas girl suggestions and other simple yet essential help, such as research into girls and possible game functions. I know i am being foolish, taking on this project with no coding experience, but that is why I'm asking for help! Join me, and together we shall rule the Sim brothel universe! Or crash and burn after months of frustrating work. Or succeed in making an overly addicting game!
DraxHollowKnight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uber Sim Brothel!!!!!!!

Post by DraxHollowKnight on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:11 pm

Wow does no one care?
DraxHollowKnight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:14 pm

talk with emcioran or vince but i think they have no necessity of support (otherwise they have already a staff) in any case talk with them...

giggles work alone...

nothin.............MIA

p.s.
i care but give me time! XD XD
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lkd99 on Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:17 pm

Considering there is already a few sim brothel games out on this website, including several that have just stopped (Karel + nothin for example) less people are going to attempt to make a new sim brothel game. The number of *failed* games is just growing.

Lkd99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DraxHollowKnight on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:50 pm

Well Mr.Lkd99, you sir are seeming like a pessimist. Thanks Terashi, i'll try.
DraxHollowKnight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lkd99 on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:09 pm

Well Mr.DraxHollowKnight your probably completely right Razz
I didn't mean it in a: every sim brothel game is gonna fail kinda way I just meant some of those games have failed. Sorry if this came across the wrong way, I hope you get some other people and make a great sim brothel game. Prove me wrong sir!

Lkd99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:33 pm

Finding a decent coder is pretty hard and there is a bunch of projects similar to SimBrothel being developed already. Since I am on a hunt for new ideas (we have done a lot of research and discussion so ideas rarely are new at this point) I am wondering what you would suggest to make your version of Sim Brothel Uber?

Xela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DraxHollowKnight on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:49 pm

An actual relationship system with the girls, like you talk to them and they like you. Also a modification system, not a girl creation kit(already made) but a way to "tailor" your girls, change their aspects, like change green hair to purple hair. Also I know about several anime girls currently not in any released Sim brothel that i have seen, such as Mizuri from Kanokon. Milly from Code Geass, and others too! Thanks for your interest. Thanks Lkd99, I will attempt to do just that.
DraxHollowKnight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:12 am

DraxHollowKnight wrote:An actual relationship system with the girls, like you talk to them and they like you. Also a modification system, not a girl creation kit(already made) but a way to "tailor" your girls, change their aspects, like change green hair to purple hair. Also I know about several anime girls currently not in any released Sim brothel that i have seen, such as Mizuri from Kanokon. Milly from Code Geass, and others too! Thanks for your interest. Thanks Lkd99, I will attempt to do just that.

Already done in SimBro 1x isn't it? I mean you can talk to girls that you meet on street.

Also there is Love and Hate stat in WM and OW already do exactly what you suggest. Girls are up to modders and rarely game designers bother with those, original WM had like 25 girls in it but modder community made over a thousand in girlpacks. On the subject of changing aspects, you can create items to set or remove traits in WM and OW Smile

Xela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DraxHollowKnight on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:56 am

Yes but that isn't what I mean. The girls in town aren't in your employ. I mean worker happiness that affects their stats, like endurance. And I mean like giving girls outfits and like well, boob jobs. To actually immerse the player. Get my drift?
DraxHollowKnight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela on Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:16 am

DraxHollowKnight wrote:Yes but that isn't what I mean. The girls in town aren't in your employ. I mean worker happiness that affects their stats, like endurance. And I mean like giving girls outfits and like well, boob jobs. To actually immerse the player. Get my drift?

I think so... but you can interact with girls after you employ them already? So in general all you want is a new PCLove stat like in WM to be introduced in SimBro and have that effect other stats like endurance. Bit an overkill to make a whole new game because of that, don't you think?

Xela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DraxHollowKnight on Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:35 am

I want to focus on immersion in general. Also I want to create something different, something new, fresh, I want to have my own little spin on it. Do you want to help or not?
DraxHollowKnight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:06 am

i can't no experience... lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
i always make the test XD XD XD
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DraxHollowKnight on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:58 pm

Terashi wrote:i can't no experience... lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
i always make the test XD XD XD
lol
DraxHollowKnight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela on Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:32 pm

DraxHollowKnight wrote:I want to focus on immersion in general. Also I want to create something different, something new, fresh, I want to have my own little spin on it. Do you want to help or not?

I am already working on a similar project, my main interest was in new/fresh ideas. Also projects usually start with a concept and people that like that concept are joining in to help and contribute.

For example our Alkion has this concept (it changes as we develop):

Spoiler:

Create an indie simgame similar in design to WM/SimBro with an advanced battle system, exploration engine and a storyline/complex world. Allow for complex modding in a simple manner.

Advantages:

- Coded in Python that allows quick design and debugging.
- Framework that allows plain text editing of nearly every aspect of the game. Scripting that can be done without knowledge of any PL.
- Our framework of choice allows to set backgrounds for interactions with girls and creating advanced graphical effects/changing sprites and creating conversations with girls in plain text usually with one line of code that any non programer can understand.

Disadvantages:

- Software coded in Python is generally slower than in C family. It is not clear if game will support 500 - 1000 girls like original WM.

Release schedule:
Game will be released in stages, first stage will be pure sim like WM/SimBro. In second stage we will introduce RPG element with exploration/battles. Three more stages that will focus on development of different buildings like Alchemy, Arena, Industry (similar to Brothel branch in first stage).

I am not going to get into details but the point is if you want to get people involved, it is prolly wise to lay out what you want to improve upon and what those improvements will be at least in a general concept. Many projects fail because noone really knows what the gameplan is and people are starting to loose interest.

Xela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DraxHollowKnight on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:36 am

Well, then can I be of service to you? My goal is to be a part of a Sim brothel creation, not to be the spearhead. If you want I will help scout out new girls and ideas for you. All I want is to help. Smile
DraxHollowKnight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela on Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:21 am

DraxHollowKnight wrote:Well, then can I be of service to you? My goal is to be a part of a Sim brothel creation, not to be the spearhead. If you want I will help scout out new girls and ideas for you. All I want is to help. Smile

Like I've said, ideas are always appreciated. I would love our game to have some sim element that is new and unique... For example I never expected girl interactions before they start working for you to be such a good idea, now I want to definitely add that to our game but besides battle system and exploration engine that we are planning to introduce in the second release there is still nothing new/fresh we came up with even after about an year of bouncing ideas off eachother and going through every indie sim forum out there...

As for girls or texts, it's to early for those since there is still no final decision has been reached on traits/stats/pic categories/jobs for vanilla unmodded version.

PS: From your first post I gathered that you actually wanted to spearhead a project. I always wanted to do the same actually so I spent around 2 hours per day for the last year learning how to code. Now I think I am starting to be useful to our project as a second coder (even thou I code really, really slow Sad )

Xela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DraxHollowKnight on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:14 am

hahahaha well do you want me to make a list of girls that i have not seen in any sim brothel?
DraxHollowKnight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:15 am

DraxHollowKnight wrote:hahahaha well do you want me to make a list of girls that i have not seen in any sim brothel?

LoL

To early, like I've said. Also I think characters, items, traits, events and quests should be up to modders to create and not up to original designers. We are going to release the game with 50 - 100 girls, rest can be taken care of by modding community.

Xela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DraxHollowKnight on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:55 pm

Well then I will await the release and then give you feedback.
DraxHollowKnight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top