Programmer Need

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Programmer Need

Post by OverHao on Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi to everyone I'm back from the grave... (a job can really destroy your life...)
However I have in mind to start a new SB version with a more graphic and storytelling orientation...

now I have the graphic and illustration skill I have even a part of the story but I need a partner to put it all together:

I need a skilled(if possible) programmer with a good G.U.I. programming

please let me know if you are interested

(soon I will post a fake screenshot to give you a prewiew of what I have in mind)

OverHao

View user profile http://overhaohart.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Programmer Need

Post by Terashi on Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:41 pm

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhrg a ZOMBIE!!!!
ahahah btw you know: i would help but i can't XD
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela on Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:52 pm

I'll wait till you layout your concept. How complicated are you planning to make the game? I am working on similar project right now but our main programmer's skill is outside of my reach so I wouldn't mind getting some training working on a simpler project... but if you wish to make something complicated I prolly won't be able to help as well Sad It depends on what you have in mind.

Xela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OverHao on Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:57 pm

emh... well... probably is too complicated... but essentially my main Idea was:

-show graphically the brothel and its status(for exemple when you ad a bed, the cleanliness, the girl in the brothel etc..)
I will do a pixel version of every brothel and every girl status etc

-in the report of the day you can see a different background for every brothel and changes in the immages for the special event

-add a random girl generator (iff possible but not essential)

I'm still thinking but I would find a way to simplify some of the features, and add something new

and now my basic Idea for the story:

At the beginning of the story you discover that your dad let you a relly big debt (for now the same story of usual SB)
while you inspect your father's shack you find a card and form the card you accidentally summon Etna from disgaea and
she suggest you a way to pay your debt and save your life and the way is obviously to open a brothel... form here start
the game during de game you can buy or find other summon cards with which you can get girls from other dimensions
(the famous ones) and use your charisma and Etna power to get normal girls for your brothel...

I'm still working on it...

Tell me what you think
any help is welcome

for Terashi: You can help in many ways, if the project starts, you'll surely find something to do XD
OverHao

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:55 pm

ahahahah test every possible parameter XD
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela on Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:52 pm

OverHao wrote:emh... well... probably is too complicated... but essentially my main Idea was:

-show graphically the brothel and its status(for exemple when you ad a bed, the cleanliness, the girl in the brothel etc..)
I will do a pixel version of every brothel and every girl status etc

-in the report of the day you can see a different background for every brothel and changes in the immages for the special event

-add a random girl generator (iff possible but not essential)

I'm still thinking but I would find a way to simplify some of the features, and add something new

and now my basic Idea for the story:

At the beginning of the story you discover that your dad let you a relly big debt (for now the same story of usual SB)
while you inspect your father's shack you find a card and form the card you accidentally summon Etna from disgaea and
she suggest you a way to pay your debt and save your life and the way is obviously to open a brothel... form here start
the game during de game you can buy or find other summon cards with which you can get girls from other dimensions
(the famous ones) and use your charisma and Etna power to get normal girls for your brothel...

I'm still working on it...

Tell me what you think
any help is welcome

for Terashi: You can help in many ways, if the project starts, you'll surely find something to do XD

Sounds interesting but it sounds really tedious for you to draw every element of the brothel... Story sounds nice thou, loads can be done with it, like quests and events! I can try to code for this project, will be a very good practice especially if noone else will step up.

Xela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OverHao on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:11 am

Great together we can do everything... or something like XD
However I'm glad you will join the team

and I hope all the SB comunity will help us to make the better SB ever

I can send you a description of what the game have to looks like for me... or whatever you need... just tell

P.S.: if I get tired of drawing every elements of the brothel I have just to teach Terashi some pixel art and share the job XD
OverHao

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:45 am

OverHao wrote:Great together we can do everything... or something like XD
However I'm glad you will join the team

and I hope all the SB comunity will help us to make the better SB ever

I can send you a description of what the game have to looks like for me... or whatever you need... just tell

P.S.: if I get tired of drawing every elements of the brothel I have just to teach Terashi some pixel art and share the job XD

Pixel art doesn't sound like something you can learn on a short notice...

I got into programming about one year ago to make a game similar to WM or SimBrothel and spent around two hours per day learning basics and theory since, I've also joined a Russian team that is currently creating similar game with a really good programmer and writer (no artist thou) but programmer we have there is a pro and it is very hard for me to keep up so I would love to work on a simpler project to get some practical hands on experience.

In any case, let's see what you have in mind. Making a good simbro game is not easy, best even harder but if there are a couple of dedicated developers, it should be doable.

Xela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum