The new SB project

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The new SB project

Post by Terashi on Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:12 pm

ehm it is about 2 weeks that none write here,3 if we count the last post of OverHao, it start to make me worry...
Men, are you still in? or do you have give up?
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:17 pm

Well, ball is sort of in OverHao's court for concepts and graphics.

I don't know how traits/stats/jokers (or pretty much anything) will be applied to the game and I am not skillful enough of a coder to make a large change during the course without having to rewrite the whole thing Sad

When I started to write basic class for a girl I encountered like 20 questions about how to go about that like:

Are traits set in stone like in Simbr1X or can be changed with jokers/items/clothing/preforming jobs/tasks? Is there a maximum amount of traits a girl can have and if yes, what happens if she gains a new one?

Same thing with stats, what's max/min, can a girl go above max after getting a relevant trait/profession?

If I just code as I like it, it may break OverHao's concept so that is not a good plan.

PS: Some of the basics I will copy from a different game, like importing pictures from folders and stats for girls from .xml or .ini files and modify that to suit us.

Xela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:05 pm

right....OverHao...if he would give us some tasks we could make a piece...i'm ready to help you (just a counselor-supporter,cause i don't know how program anything XD)...
but still we need an answer from him...
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:15 am

Terashi wrote:right....OverHao...if he would give us some tasks we could make a piece...i'm ready to help you (just a counselor-supporter,cause i don't know how program anything XD)...
but still we need an answer from him...

You have no idea how much you can do even if cannot code like writing events, creating .ini or .xml files from blueprint and so on. Maybe even balancing game out if you have some basic math skills at later stages of development.

Basically what we need right now is a solid concept of gameflow, girl design, brothel design and jobs design, from there like 40% - 45% of all code for the game can be written. Then we can work on some texts and balance.

Another 40% - 45% is interface and that will prolly take even more time since OverHao would have to pixelart/photoshop us many of graphical elements, but to start we need concepts at the very least.

Xela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:19 pm

Xela wrote: Basically what we need right now is a solid concept of gameflow, girl design, brothel design and jobs design, from there like 40% - 45% of all code for the game can be written. Then we can work on some texts and balance.

so you need the creation of stat and comportament for the girls,how will work the job and how will evolve the game (eventually also how must it seems like graphically),is it right?

(sorry for my questions [probably they are dummy] but be clearly is the base to make a good work...and then i'm not soo clever XD XD)
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:14 pm

The names of girls, stats, traits, jobs, customers, brothels are not really important right now, what IS important is logic behind those and gameflow.

Xela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:20 pm

logic?can you explain?
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:37 pm

Terashi wrote:logic?can you explain?

Something along these lines:

**http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/photos/24-hilarious-examples-video-game-logic** Laughing

That was already explained in previous posts. Conditions and rules that apply to the game is what I meant by logic. When you try to code something you need to get specific and we still don't really know what OverHao's planning.

Xela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:31 pm

mmmm clear and mmmm yes....we need an answer from him and we need it fast! or start with the creation of a logic for the game without waiting him...
btw in this unfortunally case i can work for prepare the basically condition/rules for a first try,is it ok?
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:59 pm

It's always ok to try so go for it, we'll see what you'll come up with Smile

Xela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:39 pm

if you want i have done the rules (probably every single equation and some conditions) for the game...i prepare it with the idea of the old first simbrothel with some add suggested from OverHao
i could post it here when you want (but i suggest to open a new topic for this project in order to be clear in the work).
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:16 am

Your call, we can start with something simple before OverHao completes his concept and some art and that takes time.

Start a new thread and lay it out. I'll read your concept, comment and review and then try to figure out if I can actually code something in Smile

Xela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:21 am

ROGER
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:44 am

it will take an hour (i hope)
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:53 am

Terashi wrote:it will take an hour (i hope)

I am off to bed m8, it's 1am. It cannot be done in one hour btw. Neither can it be done in one day, proper concept takes time Sad

Xela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:59 am

tongue you will read it tomorrow so
yes it is hard to rewrite what i prepared...
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top