Girlmaker Crash Glitch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Girlmaker Crash Glitch

Post by JakolasDuberton on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:56 am

So I've been adding an abundant number of ladies to my game for some time now, trying to get up to the 300 mark at least. I was adding girl #240 and was letting the program save her, but then unintentionally clicked on another girl while it was saving. Now whenever I choose my 240th girl or see her in the game the whole thing crashes and I get an error: Fatal Run-Time Error: Bad File Number (-1).

I think this may be because of my accidentally going to another girl during the saving period. I'd like to just delete girl #240 and re-upload her, but it's impossible to select her for deleting without getting the crash. I considered deleting her direct from the code, except I don't know coding and have no clue how to do that.

If I can't find a solution soon, I may just delete the entire game and start again from scratch, unfortunate as that might be.

JakolasDuberton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Girlmaker Crash Glitch

Post by Xela on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:10 am

JakolasDuberton wrote:So I've been adding an abundant number of ladies to my game for some time now, trying to get up to the 300 mark at least. I was adding girl #240 and was letting the program save her, but then unintentionally clicked on another girl while it was saving. Now whenever I choose my 240th girl or see her in the game the whole thing crashes and I get an error: Fatal Run-Time Error: Bad File Number (-1).

I think this may be because of my accidentally going to another girl during the saving period. I'd like to just delete girl #240 and re-upload her, but it's impossible to select her for deleting without getting the crash. I considered deleting her direct from the code, except I don't know coding and have no clue how to do that.

If I can't find a solution soon, I may just delete the entire game and start again from scratch, unfortunate as that might be.

Just delete her (240th) file from your drive (last girl in the directory). Everything will work just fine and you will not have to redo 130 girls all over again.

Xela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JakolasDuberton on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:25 am

I actually didn't realize they had individual files for deleting. Silly me. I'm assuming that it's this huge number of 'data files' located in the 'graphics' folder? But if that's the case I'm still screwed, because the is no 'data_240' file for this girl.

JakolasDuberton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:33 am

JakolasDuberton wrote:I actually didn't realize they had individual files for deleting. Silly me. I'm assuming that it's this huge number of 'data files' located in the 'graphics' folder? But if that's the case I'm still screwed, because the is no 'data_240' file for this girl.

Delete the last one. Look at the timestamp it was created or just the last in the list.

Xela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JakolasDuberton on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:10 am

Deleting the final DAT file on the list causes no change at all - the program still reads 240 girls and the broken one isn't removed. After undoing the delete I tried deleting the one with the latest time stamp. Again, the program still registered 240 girls, and now another girl (presumably the one controlled by the newly-deleted DAT file) stopped working, as well.

JakolasDuberton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickele11 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:44 am

the problem for you was that there seems to be a problem with your pic's of the last girl...
deleting her pic's at dat-file doesn't help...

what you should do is to copy/double the dat-file of some other pic's in this folder (maybe the girl with the number before) and rename them with the number of the "broken girls"...

then again in Girlmaker this girl will have pics working of the girl you copied the pics from, but it will work again and you can delete her or change her pics to new one's...

Mickele11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:41 pm

Mickele11 wrote:the problem for you was that there seems to be a problem with your pic's of the last girl...
deleting her pic's at dat-file doesn't help...

what you should do is to copy/double the dat-file of some other pic's in this folder (maybe the girl with the number before) and rename them with the number of the "broken girls"...

then again in Girlmaker this girl will have pics working of the girl you copied the pics from, but it will work again and you can delete her or change her pics to new one's...

Yeah, you're right, that is how I fixed it when I had the same problem. I forgot about renaming!

Xela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JakolasDuberton on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:58 pm

That solved it! Thanks guys, I really appreciate not having to go through all of that again.

JakolasDuberton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarahustra on Fri May 24, 2013 3:43 am

Could someone help me out on how to fix the problem with window 8. The Girlmaker persist to crash when it was Fatal Run-Time Error: Bad File Number (-1) and I was able to fix it.

But now it turn out differently and start to crash when I want to add, remove or select on the click. The game.exe work except this one confused.
Zarahustra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top