problem with compatibility????

View previous topic View next topic Go down

problem with compatibility????

Post by ronnyschipper on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:12 pm

I have a problem, i have a new computer and the game works, but i think i have a problem with compatibility for GPAC, i tried to adjust settings of girlmaker in every possibility adjustment for compability, but still my picture input stays grey and i cant adjust any girls
i have a windows7 64bit

ronnyschipper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: problem with compatibility????

Post by Lkd99 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:26 pm

Best solution make sure 'adminstator' box is ticked and compatability with Windows XP Service pack 3 or Vista Service pack... can't remember the latest one it selected. If your editing a girl in girlmaker DO NOT OPEN ANY PROGRAM over the girlmaker, so once you start the save girl do not do anything else. If none of this works make sure both girlmaker and the sibr1x application both have the same: compatability and 'administator' box ticked.

Lkd99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnyschipper on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:57 pm

i think what the problem is, my new computer cant open jpg files, it automaticaly converts pictures to windows photo viewer, and i cant seem to download a decent program to convert them to . jpg, i think the program works, but can i convert it to accept windows photo viewer????

Last edited by ronnyschipper on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : unlogical)

ronnyschipper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lkd99 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:20 pm

I understand now, sorry but that is where my tiny brain stops Razz
I don't know anything about picture formats. sorry

Lkd99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:57 pm

ronnyschipper wrote:i think what the problem is, my new computer cant open jpg files, it automaticaly converts pictures to windows photo viewer, and i cant seem to download a decent program to convert them to . jpg, i think the program works, but can i convert it to accept windows photo viewer????

I can guarantee you that your new computer doesn't convert .jpg and simply opens them with Windows Photo Viewer or any other program you may have installed. There is any number of great programs to convert any picture to .jpg format, Windows Paint being the one that came with your Windows x64.

As for getting girl editor to work under Windows 7 x64, you need to try Lkd's solution first:

1) Set compatibility to Windows Vista or Windows XP SP3.
2) Make sure that you run editor as an administrator.
3) Make sure all Windows Upgrades are installed (Sometimes Win 7 x64 comes with an incomplete set of DLLs for Win XP backwards compatibility)

All that did not work for me by the way (I run Windows 7 x64 Ultimate) Sad

What did work for me is turning off UAC and rest of useless crap that makes your PC run slower without any real benefit... Now editor works even with other software and movie running in the background. The trouble is that you will have to research what UAC is and what it does and how to turn it and other useless services off yourself.

Xela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnyschipper on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:30 pm

you are correct, if i look at file type i can see it is still a jpeg file
i already tried compability and administrator running
windows gets automatically updated but i dont know if thats sufficient for
Win XP backwards compatibility that you mention

and i think that UAC is User ACcount
i dont know how to change that and i aint gonna change it because i dont want to fuck up my computer

but thanks for your help

ronnyschipper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by emcioran on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:47 pm

ronnyschipper wrote:you are correct, if i look at file type i can see it is still a jpeg file
i already tried compability and administrator running
windows gets automatically updated but i dont know if thats sufficient for
Win XP backwards compatibility that you mention

and i think that UAC is User ACcount
i dont know how to change that and i aint gonna change it because i dont want to fuck up my computer

but thanks for your help

Are you having problems with adding new girls or do the default girls grey out as well?
If its just girls you add then save them as bitmaps in paint first.

emcioran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ronnyschipper on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:27 pm

i can adjust existing/new girls from other gpacs girls by deleting or copying picture in SORT IMAGES and then save, but i have problems if i want to insert completely other pictures for new or older girls, it doesnt seem to upload them, i know you need to drag pictures in DROP IMAGES HERE TO ADD and it need to be gpeg files,

it seems i have simular problems if i change a charistics like changing dark hair to green hair or charisma or something and then press REPLACE GIRL then it doesnt seem to take those excisting pictures and show them for saving ( sometimes it says it doesnt respond and sometimes it takes 5 minutes for 1 girl to adjust), normaly it adjust everything (quikly) and then it shows all the pics pics from the girl

ronnyschipper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:23 pm

This has been addressed many times before. From what I understand bitmap images may work better than jpeg and you need to set compability to WinXP SP3/Vista + Run as Admin + maybe tweak your Win7 a bit...

Xela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top