Sim Brothel 1 Remake

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sim Brothel 1 Remake

Post by RaurosFalls on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:48 pm

I was thinking it would be cool if the original Sim Brothel could be remade from a .swf to a .exe file. Then you could set up a similar system to SIBR1X where you can import new girls using GPACs. The reason for this is that I tried playing SIBR1X and it's a bit over my head, I find the original game mechanics more enjoyable. So then if you could take the idea of importing new girls as SIBR1X does and apply it to the original game I just thought that would be really awesome.

I assume no one else would be willing to start such a project, so I think I'd like to start it myself. I probably won't get very far since I don't know anything about coding/programming and I don't have very much free time. If anyone else is going to do it, that's cool too.

RaurosFalls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sim Brothel 1 Remake

Post by Terashi on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:15 pm

we are currently doing the remake,there are already some project still live on march (terashi's data and the new sb project) so don't worry Very Happy
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by _rhetorik_ on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:02 am

I would love to add that .... But i have no idea what is the GPAC format ....

_rhetorik_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RaurosFalls on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:49 pm

I've managed to accomplish a little ways toward my goal. For some odd reason which I don't quite understand, despite looming exams, I've been working on this almost non-stop since yesterday. Most of my time was spent wasted either beating down dead ends for hours and hours or installing and trying out tons of new flash decompilers and such that didn't work. But, here is the result:

Spoiler:

So I replaced Skuld with Yami. The way I did it was to use Sothink SWF Decompiler (alas, I did have to pirate it) to replace the image. Apparently it is not necessary to replace the shape or the sprite, which have the image of Skuld as well. I would like to have used a freeware program but everything I tried didn't work.

Next, to replace text, I extracted the actionscript and converted to xml format using SwiX XML extractor (you could probably use a host of programs for this). Then I edited in Notepad++ and replaced all instances of "Skuld" with "Yami". Copypasta back, recompile, and voila.

If someone happens to come up with a more efficient/better way than this, that would be cool, but at least this works.

In the future I would like to to manually replace images + text for most/all of the girls and play through a round to make sure it's bug-free. Then I might attempt to write a program to make this process more automated. That is, of course, assuming I have time and don't lose interest.

Edit: Here is a list of programs I've already tried to use to edit images that did not work for me

SWFTools: extracts images well enough but does not seems to support putting them back in. Edit2: actually, as3compile may be able to do this, but understaning how it works is a bit complicated for me at this point.
SWFWire Inspector: More to visualize than edit, but I got an error trying to open it. I have not tried the related SWFWire Decompiler because Inspector did not work, so I don't know if images can be edited in that.
SWF Decompiler Premium Free Version: The sprite/shape, which can't be replaced, affects the image itself causing blurring
Decompile Flash Free Version: same issue
Swfmodify: Can't click any button after edit
Sothink Swf quicker: does not support Aiela font and saves in weird format, .sqf
Swfreplacer: not able to extract most of the images

I don't know of any program that can recompile the swf after the images have been extracted to windows explorer. That seems like it would be kind of finicky.

Last edited by RaurosFalls on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

RaurosFalls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:59 pm

have you also changed the stats?
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RaurosFalls on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:32 pm

Terashi wrote:have you also changed the stats?

No, but that might also be something good to puzzle out for the future.

RaurosFalls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terashi on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:03 pm

mmmmmm if you find how to change stats it would be really great...

btw:
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Terashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RaurosFalls on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:16 pm

Terashi wrote:mmmmmm if you find how to change stats it would be really great...

In principle it shouldn't be too hard because the initial character stats are probably only defined once in the actionscript, but you never know how bogged down it can get

Terashi wrote:
btw:
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Lol!

RaurosFalls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:14 pm

I though I left a post here Smile

I ripped Simbrothel some time ago as well to some info. Changing stats shouldn't bug out the game as long as you do not exceed maximums, at least I didn't catch anything that would kill it on the first glance.

You are right to say that only Sothink works really well by the way.

Xela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RaurosFalls on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:42 am

OK, so I'm looking at the stats (decompiled actionscript with flare), and there are some which vary between the girls but I don't even know what they are and they never show up in-game. These are SM, entretien (=maintenance?), Got, and Chance. Anybody know what these are?

For now I'll just leave these as is or edit them as best I can (e.g., entretien seems to be proportional with cost)

Also, some girls have special effects... I will also not attempt to mess with this for now...

Edit: OK, so cost is price and entretien is cost lol

Edit2: I've successfully changed Yami's stats using flasm, and only by understanding the code with flare. I tried using flasm to change the name "Skuld" to "Yami" but it generated a bug where Skuld sex pictures were displayed on the start page. Now, as nice as this, it's probably not OK...

I had to use flasm for this because SwiX converts it to a weird xml format which doesn't list the stats in any understandable way. But it works well for changing the name... Incidentally, for shorter names such as Yui, it picks up the string "Yui" in a large block random text, but I get around by searching for the string " "Yui " since every character name appears in quotes.

Stats changes:

Stat Skuld Yami
id# 4 4
charisma 80 80
constitution 65 65
character 60 60
reputation 0 0
libido 50 20
refinement 60 40
joy 70 35
fuck 35 50
BJ 25 30
SM 45 45
Health 100 100
Name "Skuld" "Yami"
Cara " "
Story " "
Rank 1 1
Price 900 900
Cost 39 31
Entretien 33 25
Comment2 " "
Comment3 " "
Got 5 5
Chance 30 30

Also, it seems when you start with Skuld/Yami character is changed from 60 to 0.

Also the cost changes automatically after the first day: Skuld 33-->26, Yami 25-->21. Probably not so important what you specify since it's automatically calculated.

Lastly, I don't how hard it would be to change abilities. It would be kind of weird if a loli character had the ability "big breast". Guess that's the next step.

Edit3: I've successfully changed Yami's possible abilities. In the .flr file of actionscript that flare extracted, it was directly underneath where the girls' stats are defined. The abilities region is most definitely NOT in human readable format in .flm file from flasm, but with the information from the .flr file I was able to piece together what it meant and modify it. I was not able to locate that region in the SwiX extract.

Here is a list of all possible abilities, in order from 0 to 22:

requires rank 1 Splendid Body: Cost 1 AP \r10% Bonus in charisma when calculating customer\'s appreciation
requires rank 1 Big Breast: Cost 4 AP \rAttract more customers
requires rank 1 Rest: Cost 2 AP \rRecover 25% Health when resting
requires rank 1 Smart: Cost 6 AP \rGain more XP
requires rank 1 Strong: Cost 2 AP \rMay gain 1% Constitution each day
requires rank 2 Shy: Cost 2 AP \rMay gain 1% Refinement each day
requires rank 2 Lolita: Cost 2 AP \rMay gain 1% Charisma each day
requires rank 2 Artist: Cost 3 AP \rGain reputation faster
requires rank 2 Maid: Cost 6 AP \rThe building where this girl work gain 1% Decoration each day
requires rank 3 Happiness: Cost 5 AP \rGain 1% Joy each day
requires rank 3 Lucky: Cost 8 AP \rLess harmful events on this girl
requires rank 3 Tough: Cost 5 AP \rGain 1% Constitution each day
requires rank 3 Nymphomaniac: Cost 7 AP \rGain 2% Libido each day
requires rank 4 Obedient: Cost 10 AP \rCharacter -1% each day
requires rank 4 Sex Maniac: Cost 10 AP \rGain 1% in Fuck and Blowjob each day
requires rank 5 Experience: Cost 12 AP \rGain twice the experience
requires rank 5 Good Health: Cost 12 AP \rRecover 40% Health when resting
requires rank 6 Exhibitionnist: Cost 15 AP \rGain 4% Charisma each day
requires rank 6 Famous: Cost 15 AP \rReputation may go above 100%
requires rank 7 Tips: Cost 6 AP \rAlways get a tip from her customers
requires rank 7 Noble: Cost 15 AP \rGain 1% Refinement each day
requires rank 8 Excellent Reputation: Cost 20 AP \rAlways maximum customers
requires rank 8 Cat Girl: Cost 20 AP \rCharisma, Fuck, Blowjob and Libido locked at 100%

In the .flr file these are referred to as LearnedAbilities and a [#] is appended after that string, ranging from 0 to 22, specifying any of the abilities to be true for the selected [#] girl/fille. Here is what I modified:

Ability # Name Skuld Yami
0 splendid body no yes
3 smart yes no
5 shy no yes
6 lolita yes no
11 tough no yes
18 famous no yes
20 noble yes no

Additionally, I also think it's possible that the game modifies the character's stats throughout to give any character a chance to "acquire" specific abilities not explicitly listed for each starting character, but I could be mistaken.

Edit4: I think Got specifies how you can obtain the girl. If it's '0' then you can buy, if it's 5 or 6, you can only get by joker, and if it's 2 then they appear in slave market. I think chance is related to likelihood of asking to join your clan. SM may just be a relic of a stat the author intended to put into action but never did.

Edit5: I've compiled all the character stats into an excel workbook and done some analysis on it. Here it is. The mediafire viewer is no good, just download it.

Now, on to replacing...

Edit6: After a while trying to figure out how the heck I could make this automated, I think it's doable if I learn how to use AutoIt. May take a while though... It's really too bad swfreplacer doesn't work, that would have been perfect. And it sucks because it's limitation is that it can't extract everything properly, but swfextract in swftools can do that perfectly fine. If only they could be meshed together... but that seems like a more laborious process than learning how to use AutoIt.

Edit7: At the moment I'm manually replacing pictures, but I never imagined how hard it is to find good, quality pictures especially for lesser known characters. Have to edit a lot of them in photoshop to make them work...

RaurosFalls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RaurosFalls on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:16 am

All right, I've finished replacing images for all the characters, I've changed the names, and I've changed the stats. I think this is where I'll end this little project of mine. I'll post the the remade game in the releases section.

Overall, this has been something of a disappointment. It doesn't seem feasible to make replacing pictures and creating "packs" for this old version of sim brothel for several reasons:

1. It's not scriptable by any convential means
2. The pictures can only be replaced if they have exactly the same pixel dimensions
3. You can only replace pictures, you can't add or remove any.
4. The active window is kind of annoying because it is so small so the images cannot be viewed in their full glory.

The game simply was not designed for this, and I think I might not have been very smart pursuing this avenue. On the plus side, however, after hours and hours of manual labour I have made my own custom version so it is at least *possible*. I guess maybe I should give SIBR1X another shot or even WM a go if I want something that has been designed for this type of thing.

RaurosFalls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top