- SimBrothel: PytFall Development -

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: - SimBrothel: PytFall Development -

Post by Sysreq on Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:44 pm

Oh wow, I had no idea a whole new game was being made; I haven't visited here in forever. Looks really cool though. From what I read when I scanned the posts, the programming language is somewhat advanced? I assume that means no custom girls like with sim brothel then, right? Then again, with the battle system, you'd have to find battle sprites too I guess. Well, I've done sprite work in the past so I guess it wouldn't be too hard but that's too bad.

Either way, looks amazing and I hope the game comes to fruition, unlike so many internet projects lol. Also OH MY GOD you guys used Gaspen Payne from the new Phoenix Wright as a slave trader or something that's so awesome lmao.
avatar
Sysreq

Posts : 14
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-04-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: - SimBrothel: PytFall Development -

Post by Xela on Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:06 pm

Sysreq wrote:Oh wow, I had no idea a whole new game was being made; I haven't visited here in forever.  Looks really cool though.  From what I read when I scanned the posts, the programming language is somewhat advanced?  I assume that means no custom girls like with sim brothel then, right?

Wrong assumption, decent programming usually means better moddability, not the other way around.

Sysreq wrote:Then again, with the battle system, you'd have to find battle sprites too I guess. Well, I've done sprite work in the past so I guess it wouldn't be too hard but that's too bad.

There are very few characters we couldn't find battle-sprites for, also only free girls allowed to do battle so those who have none, can just be slaves.

Sysreq wrote:Either way, looks amazing and I hope the game comes to fruition, unlike so many internet projects lol. Also OH MY GOD you guys used Gaspen Payne from the new Phoenix Wright as a slave trader or something that's so awesome lmao.

LoL

I have no idea who that is... we call him Stan. Fully playable Alpha is practically ready but with too few texts/evens... we have no decent writers on the team so most lines sound corny and work on that front is progressing slow. I'll prolly release an @-version in a week or two with placeholder texts if our pace doesn't change.

Xela

Posts : 266
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2011-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: - SimBrothel: PytFall Development -

Post by Sysreq on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:33 pm

Xela wrote:
Sysreq wrote:Oh wow, I had no idea a whole new game was being made; I haven't visited here in forever.  Looks really cool though.  From what I read when I scanned the posts, the programming language is somewhat advanced?  I assume that means no custom girls like with sim brothel then, right?

Wrong assumption, decent programming usually means better moddability, not the other way around.

Well, shows what I know lol.

Xela wrote:
Sysreq wrote:Then again, with the battle system, you'd have to find battle sprites too I guess.  Well, I've done sprite work in the past so I guess it wouldn't be too hard but that's too bad.

There are very few characters we couldn't find battle-sprites for, also only free girls allowed to do battle so those who have none, can just be slaves.

That'd be a cool solution if things like GPACs were implemented.

Xela wrote: Fully playable Alpha is practically ready but with too few texts/evens... we have no decent writers on the team so most lines sound corny and work on that front is progressing slow. I'll prolly release an @-version in a week or two with placeholder texts if our pace doesn't change.

If you need any help with writing, I'm not doing anything for, like, the next month or so and even then I'm not a super busy person. I've also helped with some translation projects in the past, so I won't flake on you. I'm an English teacher if that helps lol.
avatar
Sysreq

Posts : 14
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-04-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: - SimBrothel: PytFall Development -

Post by Xela on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:01 pm

Sysreq wrote:If you need any help with writing, I'm not doing anything for, like, the next month or so and even then I'm not a super busy person.  I've also helped with some translation projects in the past, so I won't flake on you.  I'm an English teacher if that helps lol.

Seriously? We've been looking for someone to write for the game for over an year (since we've started)... can you setup the dev environment and see what's what? We've specifically chosen Ren'Py for a framework because it allows to add texts in the simplest, easiest and most intuitive manner.

http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=2125.0

If you have any trouble with launching the game (dev environment is not setup to be very friendly), let me know.

It's strange really... people helped us rendering backgrounds in 3D software, taught me programming, contributed code, contributed content like items, traits, girlspacks, game setups and so on, nobody who ever promised to do writing really came through except CW but it's really difficult for him as well since it takes forever without good good knowledge English language...

Xela

Posts : 266
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2011-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: - SimBrothel: PytFall Development -

Post by Sysreq on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:37 pm

Xela wrote:Seriously? We've been looking for someone to write for the game for over an year (since we've started)... can you setup the dev environment and see what's what? We've specifically chosen Ren'Py for a framework because it allows to add texts in the simplest, easiest and most intuitive manner.

http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=2125.0

If you have any trouble with launching the game (dev environment is not setup to be very friendly), let me know.

It's strange really... people helped us rendering backgrounds in 3D software, taught me programming, contributed code, contributed content like items, traits, girlspacks, game setups and so on, nobody who ever promised to do writing really came through except CW but it's really difficult for him as well since it takes forever without good good knowledge English language...
Well, I got Ren'py up and running and I got the game to work, but I'm running into some errors at character creation. I guess I'll join the other forums and work through them there? Though I might have to do that tomorrow because I live in Japan and it's laaate.
avatar
Sysreq

Posts : 14
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-04-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: - SimBrothel: PytFall Development -

Post by Xela on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:48 pm

That's a plan. I am not going to be around tomorrow but the only problem you can really run into is not having all the required girl packs. There are other dev team member that can help you with that.

Xela

Posts : 266
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2011-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: - SimBrothel: PytFall Development -

Post by Xela on Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:25 am

***
There's prolly going to be an Alpha release tomorrow Smile

Xela

Posts : 266
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2011-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: - SimBrothel: PytFall Development -

Post by DarkTl on Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:12 pm

There is an Alpha release Smile

You can download it and leave feedbacks at pinkpetal forums.
avatar
DarkTl

Posts : 9
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: - SimBrothel: PytFall Development -

Post by Manu333 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:00 pm

This is an amazing game btw ^^

Manu333

Posts : 26
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2012-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: - SimBrothel: PytFall Development -

Post by Xela on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:44 pm

Thanks Smile

We're still working on improving it.

Xela

Posts : 266
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2011-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: - SimBrothel: PytFall Development -

Post by Manu333 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:20 am

Yeah i know i've checked the Pinkpetal forum too, but since i dont have an account i'll just post my words about it here Razz

It took me some attempts before knowing what was the best way to be successfull, it's a hard game haha but after reading the tips that some guys posted on the Pinkpetal forum, i've managed to do very good.

I'm currently at day 66, got the second Brothel house, 4 slaves working for me, my main character is level 10, ranked 19 in the 1v1 ladder fights, ranked 53 on the top 100 of reputation points and got 22000 of cash on me.

I'm just finding it too repetitive, like it's always the Hordes of Goblins you must choose until very high level... (i can still just do those). But I know that you got some ideas on your own that will make the game less repetitive Smile

I've noticed some mispelled words too, i don't know if you have been informed of this... can't remember them all but for exemple when you win a whole survival, it is written : ''You're survived !'' and it should have been ''You survived'' if i'm correct ... (not a english native person).
If i see more or remember where the other are, i'll edit or make another post.

Keep the good work !

PS: Btw... on the other forum, in the Roadmap topic, I see a picture with Tifa in 3d with some flowers behind her. Is that part of the game implented ? If yes, where is she ??

Manu333

Posts : 26
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2012-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: - SimBrothel: PytFall Development -

Post by Xela on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:33 am

Manu333 wrote:I'm currently at day 66, got the second Brothel house, 4 slaves working for me, my main character is level 10, ranked 19 in the 1v1 ladder fights, ranked 53 on the top 100 of reputation points and got 22000 of cash on me.

Nice job Smile


Manu333 wrote:I'm just finding it too repetitive, like it's always the Hordes of Goblins you must choose until very high level... (i can still just do those). But I know that you got some ideas on your own that will make the game less repetitive Smile

You can do dogfights as well, or work, or do girlsmeets but yeah, as it's already a bit better in the dev version.

Manu333 wrote:I've noticed some mispelled words too, i don't know if you have been informed of this... can't remember them all but for exemple when you win a whole survival, it is written : ''You're survived !'' and it should have been ''You survived'' if i'm correct ... (not a english native person).
If i see more or remember where the other are, i'll edit or make another post.

That's fixed already.

Manu333 wrote:
PS: Btw... on the other forum, in the Roadmap topic, I see a picture with Tifa in 3d with some flowers behind her. Is that part of the game implented ? If yes, where is she ??

Old code, we've removed it completely as Tifa wasn't really a native character (WM style pictures loading).

Xela

Posts : 266
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2011-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: - SimBrothel: PytFall Development -

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum