BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by threewestwinds on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:42 am

ShadowArcher wrote:Interesting, I must say I liked the old action selection better then the current because the descriptions for the actions now get in the way of some of the other actions (most notably the orgasm denial sub-actions).

Was there any particular reason you changed it from softcore, hardcore, anal, fetish to oral, vaginal, anal, and bondage?

Someone in the Futanari Palace thread suggested the change, and I agreed - Fetish was too broad, and really shouldn't include group sex. Now each sex stat is a bit more specific in what it means.

Strange that the tooltip is blocking your selection - it should disappear and move out of the way. I see what I did wrong though - I pushed a change which should fix it. Let me know if there's still a problem. I do like this version better than the old one, but still not very much. I'm keeping my eye out for a better way to do it.

ggyppt wrote:Finally, threewestwinds, A major request for the next update, add a scroll bar to the buy a girl screen, I'm getting to the point where the girls go off the bottom of the page.

Also, I have two special rules I would like to ask you to make. First one is one that makes it so endurance goes down either faster or slower. I have some characters that even though they have really high constitution, they still go down a fair bit every day.

The other one is one that makes it so a person gain happiness the more they have sex. I'm thinking of making Morrigan from Darkstalkers soon, and she's a succubus, so she would be happier the more sex she has. On another note about her, I want to make it so she never refuses a sex act, she is a succubus after all.
I've added the dependentStat special rule - see Sophitia/base.js for documentation. It's pretty general, but should be able to accomplish what you're looking for - just attach a happiness increase onto all the experience stats.

I'll get a pager onto the Hire section once I get around to putting enough girls in the official release (maybe the next one - I'm looking at adding at least Chun Li from your folder). It'll be a pager though, because scroll bars suck.

I was also struck by a nifty way to make adding custom content easier than editing index.html - automatic detection isn't possible (javascript can't read directory listings on your local computer, for obvious reasons), but I can add a GUI for including content, where you just type on the name of a file. Definitely not until after Christmass though.

threewestwinds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ggyppt on Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:04 am

Go ahead with putting Chun Li in, and anything else you see that peaks your interest, I'll probably have another girl up tonight.

You mentioned something about group sex not being part of fetish, if you want to do it that way, can you set up a seperate thing for group sex, and then tell me so I can adjust my characters.

*edit, later in the day*

Since no one has posted here since I put this post up, I thought I'd just edit this one instead of double posting.

So a quick update on my mods, just uploaded new versions of Chun Li and Jill

Changelog:

*Jill*
made it so she doesn't lose endurance as fast.

*Chun Li*
made it so she doesn't lose endurance as fast
added a new fight event that is a job. (I've done a bit of testing on this, but it needs more along with better writing, so if people would like to work on that, go ahead.)

I've also put up a beta for Sheva from Resident Evil. It's only a beta since she is still missing some pics for certain actions, so I won't call her a full character quite yet.

Now, threewestwind, some ideas to put in on the list for updates after the one coming up.

Actions that can take more than one day or have results that make you lose a girl for a certain period of time. This would be something like, go to a training camp for a couple of days, or mess up on something illegal and get stuck in jail for 2 days.

have a way to adjust the safety of other actions. I'm working on a superhero girl as one of the characters in my current line up, and want to have her have an action called 'fight crime' the would raise the safety of all other actions going on at the same time

ggyppt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by threewestwinds on Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:21 am

Well, I finally have my own site up. Not too much there at the moment (it's basically a copy of important bits from this thread), but I'll be adding more as time goes on.

http://site.brothels.im/

I will continue to monitor this thread and post here when there are updates, but the site will tend to get a bit more of my attention.

ggyppt wrote:Go ahead with putting Chun Li in, and anything else you see that peaks your interest, I'll probably have another girl up tonight.

You mentioned something about group sex not being part of fetish, if you want to do it that way, can you set up a seperate thing for group sex, and then tell me so I can adjust my characters.
Yep, "groupsex" is on the list of things to do. When Whoring (but not streetwalking), you'll occasionally get groups of customers interested in hiring one girl, or a single customer interested in hiring multiple girls at the same time (or a group looking for a group). All of the above possibilities will be driven off a singe "groupSex" image list for the girl.

Now, threewestwind, some ideas to put in on the list for updates after the one coming up.

Actions that can take more than one day or have results that make you lose a girl for a certain period of time. This would be something like, go to a training camp for a couple of days, or mess up on something illegal and get stuck in jail for 2 days.

have a way to adjust the safety of other actions. I'm working on a superhero girl as one of the characters in my current line up, and want to have her have an action called 'fight crime' the would raise the safety of all other actions going on at the same time
Multi-day actions/events are something I want to do eventually, but there are more pressing tasks at the moment.

Adjusting the saftey of other actions is not going to happen - the idea of "at the same time" is shakey at best in the game's backend, and having one girl's action modify how other events during the same time period trigger would be... messy. It would take too much work to be worthwhile.

threewestwinds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ggyppt on Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:42 am

okay, cool, how long till we'll get the next update?

Should I start separating out the group images now?

As for the other stuff, I', just throwing ideas at the wall and seeing what sticks, so if you can't do something, then you can't do something, it's okay.

Now, a quick update on my mods,

*Chun-li*
added a couple more pics and adjusted fight a little bit on how much it gives and takes money wise.

new girl:

*Cammy*
a not that great girl stats wise, but when we get custom missions, she will be getting a fair amount of them. Not a full release because i can't find pics for Study and tentacles, though I'm currently using some of the fetish pics for Tentacles.

otherwise, I'm working on a couple other girls that should be out within the next couple of days. Also, as soon as i can start posting on your site, I will.

ggyppt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by threewestwinds on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:52 pm

Next update won't be until the new year. Not exactly going to work on this stuff while spending time at my mother's house. Wink

You can post comments on my site already - what other sorts of things did you want to be posting?

I've been having some hosting issues - sorry anyone who tried to use the contact form on my site - it was broken until just now. Hopefully the site will also be a great deal faster in the near future.

I now get emails when people comment there, so I should be much faster in responding as well.

threewestwinds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ggyppt on Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:27 am

I'm going to do my updating on the different mods there, just so the majority of people who are playing your game will see them. I have been working on more girls but nothing new released yet.

ggyppt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by threewestwinds on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:30 am

Just as a notice for those of you on the forums here, 0.3.1 has been released. See the changelog and announcement on my site. This is an incremental release, meaning the changes are somewhat smaller than with the previous releases.

The newest version is, as always, playable and downloadable from the same places as before.

threewestwinds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RedComet on Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:01 am

Seem to run into a problem randomly where I can't click "Next" after clicking on next turn.

RedComet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by threewestwinds on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:21 am

RedComet wrote:Seem to run into a problem randomly where I can't click "Next" after clicking on next turn.

It's likely that there is some error occurring during the turn. Can you please test the dev version, http://brothels.im/dev, and let me know if the problem continues? Even if it does, the dev version includes a function to display errors directly to the screen rather than failing silently (though it will only work on some browsers).

threewestwinds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by threewestwinds on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:52 am

Just wanted to pop in and mention the fact that
Version 0.3.2

has been released. There are a lot of changes, and quite a bit of new content. Here's the short version:

• A massive amount of new content for Sakuya. Have her Clean at least 10 times to trigger the start of her mission tree (no need to start a new game).
  • New action selection interface (click on the girl's actions to bring it up, or on her picture/stats to bring up the old screen).
  • Errors now logged to the screen (in the upper-right) - hopefully this will ease reporting.
  • Keyboard shortcuts! Tabs can be navigated using left/right arrows. Dialogs can be closed with the Escape key. From the main screen, you can pass the turn with Enter.
  • Two new actions - Advertise and Trust Building. Advertise is primative and simple, but Trust Building contains multiple variants.
  • Rebalanced Reputation system for buildings.
  • A large number of improvements in the versatility and power of actions/events/missions (separate post to follow documenting some of them).

See the changelog in the link above for more details. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

threewestwinds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by riddlebox1321 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:48 am

May I post a link of this page for the sim brothel fans on LOK and Hongfire?
riddlebox1321

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by threewestwinds on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:26 pm

riddlebox1321 wrote:May I post a link of this page for the sim brothel fans on LOK and Hongfire?

Ah people, always asking permission to link stuff. This is the internet! Link anything you want anywhere you want! (ie, please do).

threewestwinds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by threewestwinds on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:18 pm

Please see the full release announcement on my site for more details.

It's been quite some time in coming, but version 0.4.0 is here! It's a 100% re-write of the base game code - the new version should run about 10% faster and make creating new content easier both on my and on other contributors. The new version is playable, as always, from http://BrothelS.im.

New Features:

• Autosaving! You can turn this on from the Save Game menu.
  • Change fetish settings easily mid-game (again from the Save Game menu).
  • Ability to skip the introductory missions when beginning a new game.
  • The Trust Building action has morphed extensively - it's now called Talk, and there are several pieces of new content for it specific to several girls (Kirino, Sakuya, Sophitia, Yuna).
  • Added group-sex images for all girls (now 100% separate from Bondage). These images are used in only a couple of places so far though.
  • Getting raped by the city guards (only if the Rape fetish is turned on) triggers an entirely new set of missions, in which you learn a bit more about the city you're living in. Not the sexiest of missions, but, well, there you go. Rape = emotional trauma - this is a fantasy, so she can get over it quickly, but still.

threewestwinds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by threewestwinds on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:11 am

So, that last version was buggy as hell, as I'm sure anyone who tried it out noticed. Oops.

I've been focusing on other things for the past week or so, but finally made some major strides on getting this thing back into working shape in the last few days. You can check it out at the usual URL (http://brothelS.im) - there aren't many new features or much new content, but it at least shouldn't crash as much!

I'll probably tick up the version number and make an official release in 5-10 days here, but just wanted to pop in here and say that I'm still alive. More details on this (0.4.0.1) are available at http://site.brothels.im/node/17.

threewestwinds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by threewestwinds on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:01 am

Hello, and thank you for your continuing patronage. Even if most interested people are now following along on my blog, I do intend to continue making release announcements here as well.

Version 0.5.0 isn't a rewrite like 0.4 was, but I still think it's a large enough improvement to warrant its own version number. It has been far more thoroughly tested than its predecessor, so I hope to avoid a repeat of the completely-unplayable mess that I released last time.

The newest release includes the following features:

• A new girl, Saber. She has one custom action for the moment.
  • A new building, unlocked later in the game, and two new room types.
  • Various noblemen will occasionally offer to hire away your girls for substantial sums of money (so that you can hire a new girl and explore her content as well).
  • You can now purchase a second building, once a certain quest has been fulfilled...
  • Keyboard shortcuts for some of the more common actions.
  • Many, many tweaks to game balance.
  • Innumerable bugfixes and minor improvements to many facets of the game.

The full release announcement, and more details, can be found here. It can be played online at the usual place.

threewestwinds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TroyKing11 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:27 am

Hey, I Love this game I've been playing all afternoon but I paid $55,000 for a second licence and I still can't buy a second house. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Also, is there another way to sell girls than the mission?

Thanks

TroyKing11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by threewestwinds on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:03 am

TroyKing11 wrote:Hey, I Love this game I've been playing all afternoon but I paid $55,000 for a second licence and I still can't buy a second house. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Also, is there another way to sell girls than the mission?
Yeah, I forgot to actually set the variable when the player chose Bribe (Rather than Bribe + Sex). Fixed now - if you want to edit an existing save where you already hit the bug. you can type
Code:
g.maxBuildings = 2;
into your javascript console (Google will tell you how to open it for your browser if you don't already know how).

There's no way to get get rid girls other than the mission (except Sakuya's own special events). In the future, each and every girl will have their own set of events that lead to an option to sell her for some benefit (not always money) - I also intend to improve the random mission with some more interactivity eventually.

threewestwinds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TroyKing11 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:08 am

Thank you threewestwinds for responding so quickly both on here and your site!

I'm getting addicted to this game it's so good can't wait til the game is complete

TroyKing11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by threewestwinds on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:29 am

Well, it's that time of month again! What time of month, you ask? The time of month where I break everything with a new release, of course! This is a code-light, feature-heavy release, so it's less likely than usual (though certainly not impossible) that I've introduced bugs into existing content. You can find more detail in the release announcement, and play in [ur=http://brothels.im/]the usual place[/url].

• New Explore action - mostly empty at the moment, but it will serve as a framework for various events around the city. Gives a better idea of the areas in which the game takes place, though.
  • There is a new set of tentacle events. Go ahead and Explore the University until you meet a suspicious doctor to get them started...
  • Saber now has personalized Talk results. She also gains and looses happiness slower than other girls - stoicism is her defining trait.
  • The Clean action now has a second variant.
  • Yuna has an additional Talk and Summon variant.
  • Jill now looses endurance slower (as she was supposed to), rather than faster. Oops.
  • Sakuya now gains happiness when her obedience increases. Um, yeah, no comment on the character trait that leads her to do so...
  • Gaining and loosing stats is easier/harder depending on the existing value. Going from 99 -> 100 requires about +3. Going from 0 -> 1 requires about +2/3. The same is true of loosing stats: 1 -> 0 requires -3. This change does not apply to Happiness or Endurance.
  • Numerous grammatical and spelling corrections throughout the game, as well as a great many minor bugfixes.

threewestwinds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiSakurai on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:54 am

u screwed up a little?
if i open the game site i get following error:

KaiSakurai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xela on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:04 am

Works well here. Try firefox, it's more stable for this game.

Xela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by threewestwinds on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:11 am

KaiSakurai wrote:u screwed up a little?
if i open the game site i get following error:

Works fine for me in Firefox and Chrome, the main two browsers I support (I'm a Free Software freak, even discounting technical reasons).

Try a hard-refresh - ctrl-F5 or something, depending on OS/browser. If the problem persists, you'll have to at least tell me what browser and version you're having trouble with.

threewestwinds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiSakurai on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:29 am

i AM using firefox...
newest version...
looking better now than before at least from the design but same error:

if u read the error it says its in autorender.js
and i cant start new game or load a savestate
it worked fine a few days ago(in 0.5.0) but now(in 0.5.1)...
and i didnt change anything on my computer or in my browser-settings/addons
so it cant be a problem on my side(well it does say it is an error in 1 of ur .js-files so im innocent...)
KaiSakurai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by threewestwinds on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:46 am

KaiSakurai wrote:i AM using firefox...
newest version...

so it cant be a problem on my side(well it does say it is an error in 1 of ur .js-files so im innocent...)

It is certainly a problem on your side. I can play the game fine. Dozens of people who check my blog can play fine. So... you may not have done anything, but it's not something I can fix.

Still looks like a caching issue. The problem seems to be that your browser isn't loading jQueryUI. http://brothels.im/libraries/jquery-ui-1.10.js is the location - see if that link opens properly (it should be a bunch of text). You could also try the downloadable version instead.

threewestwinds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lkd99 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:03 am

KaiSakurai wrote:i AM using firefox...
newest version...

I got a similar error message to that. I don't know if it was the same error or slightly different. I load a save when that appeared and it didn't go away. So I closed Firefox, opened the website up from the downloaded index file and loaded my save again and it was gone. Works fine for me now Very Happy.

Sucks to be you Kai.

Lkd99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top