BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by KaiSakurai on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:11 pm

threewestwinds wrote:
KaiSakurai wrote:i AM using firefox...
newest version...
looking better now than before at least from the design but same error:

if u read the error it says its in autorender.js
and i cant start new game or load a savestate
it worked fine a few days ago(in 0.5.0) but now(in 0.5.1)...
and i didnt change anything on my computer or in my browser-settings/addons
so it cant be a problem on my side(well it does say it is an error in 1 of ur .js-files so im innocent...)

It is certainly a problem on your side. I can play the game fine. Dozens of people who check my blog can play fine. So... you may not have done anything, but it's not something I can fix.

Still looks like a caching issue. The problem seems to be that your browser isn't loading jQueryUI. http://brothels.im/libraries/jquery-ui-1.10.js is the location - see if that link opens properly (it should be a bunch of text). You could also try the downloadable version instead.
link opens properly...
game doesnt...
my browser is loadings jQueryUI but it says $.ui is undefined...
i tested te game on IE now...
i can start new game and all...
but there also appears an error:
"Error
_focusTabbable is undefined
http://brothels.im/libraries/jquery-ui-1.10.js
Line 6"
so its not my firefox which causes the problem



PS: THERE'S A DOWNLOADABLE VERSION?O.o
didnt see it anywhere
could u gimme a link for 0.5.0 download pls?

nvm... found it and same like lkd99 its working fine this way
that just supports my presumption
in the downloaded .rar is a working jquery-ui-1.10.js file thats y i dont get an error
but the jquery-ui-1.10.js file which is online doesnt work so i guess u have changed something in the .js-file in 0.5.1
so it really is a problem on ur side
avatar
KaiSakurai

Posts : 130
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 25
Location : Hell (some call it Life...)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by threewestwinds on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:20 am

KaiSakurai, I find your tone very accusatory and confrontational. I do this for fun - playing tech support for you is not fun.

Hopefully you'll figure out whatever problem your computer is having (yes, it is your computer) in the future, but I'm not spending any more time on it.

threewestwinds

Posts : 23
Reputation : -9
Join date : 2012-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by NaoSoul on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:34 am

[quote="KaiSakurai"][quote="threewestwinds"]
KaiSakurai wrote:i AM using firefox...

so it really is a problem on ur side

Wow. If you stopped to think for a second, you'd see that the problem lies in your end.

If it was the game's or website's problem, everyone would have a problem using it, which is not the case.

If other people can do it just fine and you can't, then it is obvious where the problem is.

NaoSoul

Posts : 3
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2012-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by KaiSakurai on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:15 am

threewestwinds wrote:KaiSakurai, I find your tone very accusatory and confrontational. I do this for fun - playing tech support for you is not fun.

Hopefully you'll figure out whatever problem your computer is having (yes, it is your computer) in the future, but I'm not spending any more time on it.
sorry didnt wanna accuse u
its just: as u see someone else had this problem too
and if i use the downloaded 0.5.0 version it works fine but not the online 0.5.1 version
same was for lkd99
so if u think logical:
the error says the problem is in autorender.js
there has to be a difference in the autorender.js-file between the 0.5.1 and 0.5.0
because with the downloaded index-file i still use my firefox and it works
so it cant be a probleme with firefox
and maybe not many others have this probleme because maybe most already use the downloaded version
and maybe some with this probleme just dont say anything bout it
so u cant rly know if others have the same probleme and not only me(and lkd99)
and like i said:
if it would be a probleme with my browser that the online version isnt working anymore then it would have to fulfill the condition that something has changed while u updated to 0.5.1 but as i told u i didnt change anything on my comp nor my browser... no new addons or deleted addons no new plugins... NOTHING changed
only thing that changed is the game itself from 0.5.0 to 0.5.1
so its just LOGICAL that it would have to be a probleme in ur uploaded autorender.js-file just as the error shows
or do u still think what im sayin is ILLOGICAL?


EDIT:
i opened the uploaded autorender.js copied the whole content
pasted it in a new .js file which i called autorender.js and saved it
i opened this autorender.js file and the autorender.js file from the download version in Notepad++
downloaded version has a length of 5503 letters the online version has a length of 5354 letters
i checked the beginning and ending of both files no difference so i didnt miss anything while copying
so there has to be a difference somewhere in the file
like i said the uploaded file and the downloaded one r different a little bit
thats y the uploaded doesnt work for me but the downloaded works
(or maybe the probleme is not in autorender.js rather than another file which gets access to autorender.js and reads variables or something out of it)

and i NEVER accuse someone if i dont have a proof or at least a logical indication
so dont think i want to insinuate u something
avatar
KaiSakurai

Posts : 130
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 25
Location : Hell (some call it Life...)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by Nergal49 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:48 am

I do like the game, more features are always appreciated. Kai Sakurai is everything on your computer up to date take for instance java?
avatar
Nergal49

Posts : 31
Reputation : -2
Join date : 2012-06-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by KaiSakurai on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:11 am

Nergal49 wrote:I do like the game, more features are always appreciated. Kai Sakurai is everything on your computer up to date take for instance java?
EVRYTHING
RLY ERVYTHING
is on newest version
and the game worked for me on 0.5.0
i played it last 2 days b4 0.5.1 was released
from that on it was broken for me
and NOTHING has changed within these 2 days
so why the hell is evrybody thinking its my comp thats got the problem?
its just too logical that its the 0.5.1 version thats causing this problem
like already proven another user had the same problem
avatar
KaiSakurai

Posts : 130
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 25
Location : Hell (some call it Life...)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by Lkd99 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:07 pm

KaiSakurai wrote:
Nergal49 wrote:I do like the game, more features are always appreciated. Kai Sakurai is everything on your computer up to date take for instance java?
EVRYTHING
RLY ERVYTHING
is on newest version
and the game worked for me on 0.5.0
i played it last 2 days b4 0.5.1 was released
from that on it was broken for me
and NOTHING has changed within these 2 days
so why the hell is evrybody thinking its my comp thats got the problem?
its just too logical that its the 0.5.1 version thats causing this problem
like already proven another user had the same problem

Kai please calm down... I can see it may be annoying that everyone keeps asking you but it is because they haven't ran into the error before. And also we are all human so the easiest way to solve something is to ask instead of researching it (reading all previous posts etc.) xD.

Just try and calm down slightly, a few of your posts are slightly anger tainted. It worked when u tried the downloadable file didn't it?
Stick to that file then and ignore anyone else who brings this up since that is the best solution Very Happy.
Better not to turn this into a raging forums, it's a sim brothel forums ffs guys & gals. We are all here for ONE purpose so lets not argue... xD

Dan.

Lkd99

Posts : 87
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2012-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by KaiSakurai on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:08 am

Lkd99 wrote:Kai please calm down... I can see it may be annoying that everyone keeps asking you but it is because they haven't ran into the error before. And also we are all human so the easiest way to solve something is to ask instead of researching it (reading all previous posts etc.) xD.

Just try and calm down slightly, a few of your posts are slightly anger tainted.
of course r some posts anger tainted
if evryone always says its my comp which makes the problems even though i confirmed that its NOT a problem with my computer than u get angry
i just tried to help by reporting a bug and evryone is accusing me
thats worse than anger tainted posts(FOR REASON!)

and yeah downloaded file works because its not the new version but the previous one
same goes for u i guess as u said u had the same problem and had to use the downloaded version
avatar
KaiSakurai

Posts : 130
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 25
Location : Hell (some call it Life...)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by riddlebox1321 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:58 am

I believe this is what you are are looking for Smile
http://youtu.be/5DmYLrxR0Y8
All joking aside, I don't really think they were accusing you at first kai. It seems to me that somewhere in the conversation a message came across wrong and it may have made people embarrassed and touchy. (The internet has this funny way of not showing the true emotions behind the text... Rolling Eyes )
What I do think they were trying to do was help though...
since you and a few others had this problem I think they wanted to ask you some questions trying to find a solution, (seeing as you and others who have the problem are representatives of the group who may also encounter this problem) no biggie.
avatar
riddlebox1321

Posts : 101
Reputation : -18
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 25
Location : Monmouth, OR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by Xela on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:46 am

Reading through this, problem seems to lie somewhere in between Kai and tww. My best guess is that something (while loading the game) on Kai's/Lkd's browser accessing java before/while jQueryUI module is fully loaded.

Game's code doesn't anticipate such an error (and whatever caused trouble during loading the module, is there only in 0.5.1). I expect game to work on Chrome (I don't know if you tried that already). For Firefox: Restoring to original state (Help/Troubleshooting Information/Top Right corner) and getting rid of all modifications (like custom skins and plugins) is likely to fix the problem as well but it might not be worth doing that for a game.

Xela

Posts : 266
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2011-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by Xela on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:59 am

Xela wrote:Reading through this, problem seems to lie somewhere in between Kai and tww. My best guess is that something (while loading the game) on Kai's/Lkd's browser accessing java before/while jQueryUI module is fully loaded.

Game's code doesn't anticipate such an error (and whatever caused trouble during loading the module, is there only in 0.5.1). I expect game to work on Chrome (I don't know if you tried that already). For Firefox: Restoring to original state (Help/Troubleshooting Information/Top Right corner) and getting rid of all modifications (like custom skins and plugins) is likely to fix the problem as well but it might not be worth doing that for a game.

======================================
You might want to try this addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/jquery/

It will be used by extensions and if that is what's messing you up, this just might solve your problem.

Xela

Posts : 266
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2011-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by KaiSakurai on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:37 pm

riddlebox1321 wrote:What I do think they were trying to do was help though...
since you and a few others had this problem I think they wanted to ask you some questions trying to find a solution, (seeing as you and others who have the problem are representatives of the group who may also encounter this problem) no biggie.
im not so sure bout that "they wanted to help u and find a solution" thing
cause most of the time the just said "its a problem on ur side not the game's"
thats not even a little helpful
if they wanted to find a resolution they wouldnt have rejected my really logical analysis


Xela wrote:
Xela wrote:Reading through this, problem seems to lie somewhere in between Kai and tww. My best guess is that something (while loading the game) on Kai's/Lkd's browser accessing java before/while jQueryUI module is fully loaded.

Game's code doesn't anticipate such an error (and whatever caused trouble during loading the module, is there only in 0.5.1). I expect game to work on Chrome (I don't know if you tried that already). For Firefox: Restoring to original state (Help/Troubleshooting Information/Top Right corner) and getting rid of all modifications (like custom skins and plugins) is likely to fix the problem as well but it might not be worth doing that for a game.

======================================
You might want to try this addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/jquery/

It will be used by extensions and if that is what's messing you up, this just might solve your problem.
dont wanna reset all addons/plugins just for that game
and i doubt it would have helped
btw i dont need that addon u r suggesting...
2 days ago the game still didnt work
today i tried... evrythink workin fine now
and again: I HAVENT CHANGED ANYTHING in the time between not working and working fine
so its got fixed without me havin to do anything
so: as i told u not a problem on my side
if it was i would have had to fix it in any way
avatar
KaiSakurai

Posts : 130
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 25
Location : Hell (some call it Life...)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by MrWeird on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:36 pm

If I recall correctly we have had a java update in the last 2 days.
Maybe that has solved all issues that were occuring in this situation.
MIND YOU! I"M NOT BLAMING ANYBODY!
I hope we can all behave as civilized humans.

MrWeird

Posts : 25
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-03
Age : 49
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by Lkd99 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:50 pm

KaiSakurai wrote:and yeah downloaded file works because its not the new version but the previous one
same goes for u i guess as u said u had the same problem and had to use the downloaded version

The downloaded version and the website version are the same...
Also I don't know if I was already running the downloaded version. I know I had the downloaded version already on my pc when I got the error.
I don't remember if when I had the error I had loaded from the file or just the website itself.
Anyway a small error like this that can be fixed by just using a downloaded file isn't such a big deal.
To end this negativity why don't we all just blame Microsoft for creating Windows OS Very Happy?

Come on... you all know you want to blame someone else, lets blame a big company so no one gets mad over it Very Happy

Lkd99

Posts : 87
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2012-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by KaiSakurai on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Lkd99 wrote:
KaiSakurai wrote:and yeah downloaded file works because its not the new version but the previous one
same goes for u i guess as u said u had the same problem and had to use the downloaded version

The downloaded version and the website version are the same...
Also I don't know if I was already running the downloaded version. I know I had the downloaded version already on my pc when I got the error.
I don't remember if when I had the error I had loaded from the file or just the website itself.
Anyway a small error like this that can be fixed by just using a downloaded file isn't such a big deal.
To end this negativity why don't we all just blame Microsoft for creating Windows OS Very Happy?

Come on... you all know you want to blame someone else, lets blame a big company so no one gets mad over it Very Happy
btw bout the java update
still havent done it
like i said i changed NOTHING
it still reminds me "a new java update is available. click here to execute."
and i think: "who cares?"

bout microsoft:
they r dumb anyway
they used their monopoly position and released some windows7 versions in which u cant install another browser than IE
now they have to pay 561 million euro to the EU(but thats only a low penalty.... they could have get a penalty of up to 5,6 billion euros for this... EU is too nice...)
well.. good way for the EU to get back the money we gave greece...
avatar
KaiSakurai

Posts : 130
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 25
Location : Hell (some call it Life...)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by riddlebox1321 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:46 pm

To hell with microsoft and their borderline monopoly's. Mad
I'm right there with you kai I have the same error now. Laughing Sad
Edit: I Had to start a new game to continue to next day. Rolling Eyes
avatar
riddlebox1321

Posts : 101
Reputation : -18
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 25
Location : Monmouth, OR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by Lkd99 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:06 am

riddlebox1321 wrote:To hell with microsoft and their borderline monopoly's. Mad
I'm right there with you kai I have the same error now. Laughing Sad
Edit: I Had to start a new game to continue to next day. Rolling Eyes

Are you using the website through the link?
or
Are you downloading the folder with all the files in, and clicking on the index.html?

If you are using the downloaded files index.html to play the game which leads you to the website you should have no error problems.

Lkd99

Posts : 87
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2012-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by riddlebox1321 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:27 am

Website
avatar
riddlebox1321

Posts : 101
Reputation : -18
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 25
Location : Monmouth, OR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by KaiSakurai on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:55 pm

Lkd99 wrote:
riddlebox1321 wrote:To hell with microsoft and their borderline monopoly's. Mad
I'm right there with you kai I have the same error now. Laughing Sad
Edit: I Had to start a new game to continue to next day. Rolling Eyes

Are you using the website through the link?
or
Are you downloading the folder with all the files in, and clicking on the index.html?

If you are using the downloaded files index.html to play the game which leads you to the website you should have no error problems.
the index.html DOESNT lead to the website
it DOES NOT use the files which r online
it works only with the downloaded files
thats y u cant load the saves u used at the website
(thats y its downloaded... to be able to play the game offline)


PS: the error is back again...
i can see it again...
last post i told u that it didnt appear again
between last post and this i havent changed anything...
i told u its not a problem on my side only....
still didnt updated java...(it fails if i try... if i click "install" it shows an error-.-)
so the game sometimes works and sometimes shows error
avatar
KaiSakurai

Posts : 130
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 25
Location : Hell (some call it Life...)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by riddlebox1321 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:31 am

I found something that might help, if you are using firefox or palemoon you might have to go to Tools>Add-ons>Plugins and enable the plugins associated with java. Firefox and palemoon (especially) will sometimes turn these off because they are vulnerable and slow down page loading.
If this doesn't help then at least I tried...
avatar
riddlebox1321

Posts : 101
Reputation : -18
Join date : 2012-03-30
Age : 25
Location : Monmouth, OR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by KaiSakurai on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:37 am

i know a bit botu firefox thats i i always check addons and turn java on if off
so thats NOT whats causing the problem
maybe the server which is used for the website got problems
would be just logical
only the online version causes this problem so it might be the server used for the game
avatar
KaiSakurai

Posts : 130
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2012-04-02
Age : 25
Location : Hell (some call it Life...)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by Xoriam on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:12 am

Can't drag and drop on iOS

Xoriam

Posts : 1
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by Lkd99 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:06 am

Too bad this game isn't being mentioned on this forum anymore...
I just checked the main website and it has had 2-3 releases since I last looked at it (end of feb).
I would never have thought to check the main website since the forum hasn't been updated with news about it.
I'm glad I was so bored that I decided to check this game out again!

also. YES HOLO Very Happy

Anyone still alive in this dead forum?

echo... echo.... echo...... echo............

Lkd99

Posts : 87
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2012-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by MrWeird on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:28 am

Some people are still alive here, yes.
According to xela, his game is still under development. Girlpacs also appear regularly for simbr1 game. So this forum is not dead yet!!

MrWeird

Posts : 25
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-03
Age : 49
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by Xela on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:50 am

Well, developer received some heat on this forum so he is prolly not checking in here anymore.

My game is being developed on PP forums (because this forum is without admin) and dev team seems to be increasing in number (or at least people are in and out, contributing whatever they can) but it does take a while to code since game is fairly complex and I don't have a lot of free time nowadays. In any case, it will be a while until new Alpha is released by me because we decided to redo the whole items system and there are a LOT of things I want to wrap up before a release.

Xela

Posts : 266
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2011-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BrothelS.im 0.6.1 and KICKSTARTER - Apr 29th

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum