Old Sim Brothel Remake

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Old Sim Brothel Remake

Post by RaurosFalls on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:32 am

I've changed the stats, characters, and images from the original game but other than that, the game is still purely in its original form. It features characters from Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, K-On!, Tales of Symphonia, Angel Beats!, Bake/Nisemonogatari, Oreimo, Accel World, To Love-Ru, Astarotte no Omocha, Kanojo x Kanojo x Kanojo, Lucky Star, Katanagatari, and Toradora.

I don't recommend anyone else to do this as it was incredibly tedious.

Here is the game:

mediafire.com ?1hw1ofd489d8v50

And here is the CG set:

mediafire.com ?u0ralze4r8l38yi

Also, actually I guess people may want the original non-cropped, non-resized CGs:

mediafire.com ?4jug7v77heng7ux

Let me know if you find bugs.

Hopefully I can relax now... But experience tells me otherwise...

BTW Here is the link to how I did this and why you can't script this generally.

If you're new to this, I recommend you back up your save file occasionally. I lost a >200day game once. On Vista or Windows 7, the save file is stored at:

"C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\M4N5TANX\localhost\[path in drive where you stored it] (file has .sol extension)

Last edited by RaurosFalls on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:51 am; edited 8 times in total

RaurosFalls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old Sim Brothel Remake

Post by RaurosFalls on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:01 am

Fixed mistakes where 3 special effect descriptions were mislabelled with the wrong girl. The mediafire link has been updated.

RaurosFalls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ld on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:45 am

Hello, RaurosFalls!

Good work, nice help system, and your flash works very fast + I don't need to run virtual machine with windows to play =)

Lala Deviluke, characters characters from K-On! =) I'll play it later, TY

ld

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ld on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:08 am

bug:
"New game" - ">" - ">" - ">" - "Sculd" - "Girls list" - "shinobu" - "abilities" - in widget with information, message "_level0.Abilities.Infos"

page with jokers: three buttons "Use it as an event" "Use it for a money" "Use it for a girl" ... if no special joker available, then first and second button have no reaction, but "Use it for a girl" - shows "You don't have a joker". This reaction must be on all this three buttons. But, on the left side of screen, there is a normal joker with two buttons and pressing this buttons don't change anything... grr.... better to post bugs on Trello.com, there i can easy make sceenshots and post them with description =)

one girl dont to work, she is at 100% HP, but don't work, until I select building again. (yes, if she have no HP, she kicked out from the building)

On page "buy building", button "No" have no link and no action

Got "experience" value -1, it's less then 0 =)

Can't sell building (no action, but it will be nice)

Why i boungth "House on the Island", but on girls page and on daily events it's called "the first house"...

ld

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RaurosFalls on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:05 am

@ld

All of the bugs you mention were in the original as well, but it's still playable. All I've done is replaced cg's and characters. I don't intend to fix the original creator's mistakes as they don't bother me too much anyway.

I tried this game and noticed when you get a girl with a special joker it'll give the original character's name, e.g. "Obtained Fran". Oh well whatevs XD. It's okay because in girls list it is still named "Kanade"

RaurosFalls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ld on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:27 am

RaurosFalls

Ok, i've didn't play in original one =) And thought that make copy with less bugs, will be better.

As you wish.

ld

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vava on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:36 am

*applauds* It's nice to see someone having experimented with the first SimBro's engine, though, from what I had been told about the coding prior, I'm not surprised by its... reluctance to change. It was also nice to see a different cast altogether, giving the game a "2000s/2010s" feel in comparison to the original's "1980s/1990s," but that's clearly evident by the series you picked, so that's not the keenest of observations I could make, really. ^_^;

I do have a bug to report, actually. I've noticed that only three of the eight Monthly Joker girls can be obtained, those being Kanade (Fran), Sheena (Rikku), and Natsumi (Zelda) respectively. All the other girls (built from Yuna, Deedlith, Talim, Kushana, and Nadia) are unattainable, even if one were to use the "empty Slave Market" glitch.

Hmmm...

*double-checks*

... That would be why, I think; several girls have been placed into different slots, and not just the Joker girls, either. However, I still believe this to be a bug, as, even if the method of acquiring the girls is different, they should still be available via the aforementioned glitch.
Vava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RaurosFalls on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:25 am

@Vava

Oh nooooooooooo, I was really hoping something like this wouldn't happen. Damn, you're probably right. I'm afraid I may have failed. Alright, now I can go cry myself to sleep.

Yeah, cause trying to change the girl's positions NOW would be really tedious. I'd have to replace all the pictures, renumber, resize them, make sure they all have the correct dimensions *cringe*.

I guess I'll see if there's a simple way to fix this, but I'm not too optimistic

Thanks for the tip

Edit: Nope, never mind, looks like this is easily fixable. *Wipes away anxious sweat-packed brow* cheers

Edit2: Okay, Question. Has anyone ever obtained Ryoko in this game? From the code it looks like she is fully unattainable. It's like he forgot to put her in. I've never actually fully played through a game (I'm not as dedicated as some of you :p) so I wouldn't know for sure...

RaurosFalls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vava on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:10 am

I can't remember if I got her "legit" when I was playing SimBrothel, as I switched over to the version that was patched to not have that annoying "auto-save" feature as soon as I could, but I know that I certainly got her through the "empty Slave Market" glitch my first time, so she was attainable in the game in at least one (unorthodox) way.
Vava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by riddlebox1321 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:55 pm

Do I have permission to post a link of this page on Lok Forums and hongfire for new releases?
riddlebox1321

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RaurosFalls on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:05 am

I can't remember if I got her "legit" when I was playing SimBrothel, as I switched over to the version that was patched to not have that annoying "auto-save" feature as soon as I could, but I know that I certainly got her through the "empty Slave Market" glitch my first time, so she was attainable in the game in at least one (unorthodox) way.

Interesting. Alright, I'll keep investigating this

Do I have permission to post a link of this page on Lok Forums and hongfire for new releases?

Yes, of course

RaurosFalls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RaurosFalls on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:52 am

Mediafire link updated: all the special joker girls are attainable now. I also fixed randomization of sexpics to be distributed more evenly and so all of them would show. I also finally figured out what "had a negative influence on her character" means (increases character) and updated that.

RaurosFalls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nergal49 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:17 am

I don't think you fixed the problem with randomization, on my end with the mediafire link download I am only getting one image per girl.

Correction, it seems to work for some girls but when i play as hitagi it doesnt seem to change at all.

I am also noticing that some of the other girls don't seem to randomize either like Ashua and Konata. I will have to continue testing to see who all is functional.
Nergal49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RaurosFalls on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:56 am

No, it's supposed to be like that. Some of the girls actually only have 1 picture. That's because in the original they only had one picture and I can only replace images, not add new ones. And not only do I have to replace them, they have to be the exact same dimensions. (Yeah, I know, it sucks).

RaurosFalls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top