misbro303 Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

misbro303 Game

Post by Lkd99 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:36 am

I got this game MisBro off of this post
http://forum.otherworldgame.net/index.php?topic=51.0
I think...

Anyway I've played it and enjoyed it. I have gotten bored with the pre-set characters. I've messed about in the JScript files and found a way to add more characters into the selection menu when the game starts. You can only pick 20 characters to play with. And you can only use 50 images per character. If anyone has played this game before and knows how to mod it to allow more than 50 images or more than 20 characters in the game at one time please give me a hand Sad

I have poked around in all the scripts and looked for "20" as a limitator for the character limit but don't understand which bits set the character limit to 20. Likewise i've looked into the JScripts for "50" as a limitator for the character images limit and have changed a few of these values to 75+ and tested it with no success. Any help with changing/modding this game or any updates would be appreciated!

Lkd99

Posts : 87
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2012-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: misbro303 Game

Post by Xela on Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:21 am

Lkd99 wrote:I got this game MisBro off of this post
http://forum.otherworldgame.net/index.php?topic=51.0
I think...

Anyway I've played it and enjoyed it. I have gotten bored with the pre-set characters. I've messed about in the JScript files and found a way to add more characters into the selection menu when the game starts. You can only pick 20 characters to play with. And you can only use 50 images per character. If anyone has played this game before and knows how to mod it to allow more than 50 images or more than 20 characters in the game at one time please give me a hand Sad

I have poked around in all the scripts and looked for "20" as a limitator for the character limit but don't understand which bits set the character limit to 20. Likewise i've looked into the JScripts for "50" as a limitator for the character images limit and have changed a few of these values to 75+ and tested it with no success. Any help with changing/modding this game or any updates would be appreciated!
20 girls ingame should be very hard to change, developer meant to allow choosing 2 new slaves every time ingame slave is maxed out but I don't think he ever got around to it.

As for images, did you try to adjust:

tempData1 = "hinata";
initialSlave[tempData1] = {};
initialSlave[tempData1]['name'] = "Hinata";
initialSlave[tempData1]['description'] = "Kunoichi from Konoha";
initialSlave[tempData1]['status'] = "Enable";
initialSlave[tempData1]['totalimage'] = 48;

???

Custom slaves are not officially supported, but they seem to be working...

Xela

Posts : 266
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2011-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: misbro303 Game

Post by Lkd99 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:11 pm

Xela wrote:20 girls ingame should be very hard to change, developer meant to allow choosing 2 new slaves every time ingame slave is maxed out but I don't think he ever got around to it.

As for images, did you try to adjust:

   tempData1 = "hinata";
   initialSlave[tempData1] = {};
   initialSlave[tempData1]['name'] = "Hinata";
   initialSlave[tempData1]['description'] = "Kunoichi from Konoha";
   initialSlave[tempData1]['status'] = "Enable";
   initialSlave[tempData1]['totalimage'] = 48;

???

Custom slaves are not officially supported, but they seem to be working...
I went into every JScript and any mention of the number 50 I tried to find using the Edit - Find option. If your referring to and I think you are the "slavelist" JScript in the "System" folder then yes I do remember changing these values to no result.

What I did was section them into each girl similar to how u have wrote it. I changed the "50" to "99" so instead of picking up 50 images it would pick up 99. I changed "hinata" to "mikuru", changed "Hinata" to "Mikuru", changed the description, left enable. Made sure there were no gaps. Then to test I made a folder with 1 image of mikuru, copied it 50 times. Renamed them all 1,2,3,4... etc up to 50. Then I added 49 different images and renamed them 51,52,53,54... etc. up to 99. Copied this folder into BOTH the "Slaves" and "Images-Slaves" folders. Deleted hinata folder and made sure the new folder that I had copied was named the same as was stated in the code. Saved everything. Copied the images into 2 other images folders e.g. copied over nami and haruhi images to test.  Changed the "50" code of these 2 characters to "99" so all images would be picked up.

Played the game, made sure I got 2 girls with the "99" images and played for 15+ days. There should have been a 50/50 chance of getting either a repeating image or getting a new image. I only ever got the repeating image (1-50 in image folders). I would love if I could have more than 20 characters to choose from per game as I have 43+ characters I want to use currently. Also limiting to 50 images is making me slightly pissed off since I have gotten over 60-75+ images for 18 of this characters so far.

I've gotten bored of Sibr1x and the limit of 9 pictures is just sooo bad for me, this game I enjoy but the limits are too much for me Sad
Thanks for the response though!

P.S. By custom slaves do you mean that message in the "slavelist" JScript that mentions to add a new girl just add:
You can add new slave by adding new line into the function
*/
function intitialSlaves()
{
   initialSlave = {};
   tempData1 = {};
?

I didn't bother with this since if it limits to only 20 characters per game just copy images over existing girls folders that you don't want. Razz
I only wanted to keep 2 out of the 21 girls but that's my preference. P.S.S. Sorry for the long... long... long... paragraphs. I need to work on wording my meanings Neutral

Lkd99

Posts : 87
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2012-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: misbro303 Game

Post by Xela on Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:53 pm

You're right, I've tried setting that value to 99 and images are not showing...

But on the bright side:

This in system.js allowed me to load all 22 girls that I currently have into the game simultaneously:

   //Pick on unpick
   if( $("slavepick-" + counter + "-column").style.backgroundColor == ""){
       if( player.tempData['pickslave'] >= 22){
           alert("Maximum " + player.tempData['pickslave'] + " slaves can be picked");
           return false;

I need to find the function that returns the images but the bloody interface is 14k lines of code Sad

Xela

Posts : 266
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2011-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: misbro303 Game

Post by Lkd99 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:30 am

Xela wrote:You're right, I've tried setting that value to 99 and images are not showing...

But on the bright side:

This in system.js allowed me to load all 22 girls that I currently have into the game simultaneously:

   //Pick on unpick
   if( $("slavepick-" + counter + "-column").style.backgroundColor == ""){
       if( player.tempData['pickslave'] >= 22){
           alert("Maximum " + player.tempData['pickslave'] + " slaves can be picked");
           return false;

I need to find the function that returns the images but the bloody interface is 14k lines of code Sad
Holy... so with this change I can play with over 20 characters? EPIC! I suppose I can tone down the images to the best 50 Neutral
Thanks for the help Xela.

Lkd99

Posts : 87
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2012-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: misbro303 Game

Post by Xela on Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:11 am

Good luck Smile

I've counted ingame slaves at the market up to 21 unless I made an error. There are now definitely 22 in the save file.

I did a couple of other tweaks in my version but I don't think that any of it was relevant. As for 50 images, I still cannot tell what the hell does display them but am beginning to suspect url:protocol files are at fault and I don't have GIMP to open them (assuming that's what's required).

Xela

Posts : 266
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2011-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: misbro303 Game

Post by Xela on Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:07 am

FOUND IT!!! Smile Apparently it ALREADY works, we just didn't play long enough Smile

In process1Mission.js:

   maxImageNo = Math.min( player.slave['totalimage'], Math.ceil( Math.floor(player.slave['level']/10) * (player.slave['totalimage']/4)));
   imageNo = randomInt( 1, maxImageNo);

change to:

   maxImageNo = player.slave['totalimage'];
   imageNo = randomInt( 1, maxImageNo);

And game will randomly choose an image between 1 and whatever

initialSlave[tempData1]['totalimage'] = 48;

is set to in slavelist.js. Already tested and 100% sure that it works Smile

Basically, even with old code, images would have eventually become available but only at a VERY high level of a slave (for example if you have 100 images, all of them could be displayed ONLY at level 40, past level 22 images numbered over 50 would start to appear BUT at relatively small chance (1/51)...).

PS: There is no index checking so setting amount of images greater than actually available will likely cause game to crash!!!

PS2: There is an amazing piece of software you can use to rename the files called ReNamer [by den4b]. It can speed up pack making significantly!

Xela

Posts : 266
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2011-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: misbro303 Game

Post by Nergal49 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:51 am

Misbro303's blog does not appear to exist anymore, would someone mind posting a link to the game?
avatar
Nergal49

Posts : 31
Reputation : -2
Join date : 2012-06-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: misbro303 Game

Post by KingofKings on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:00 am

I believe that the only functioning DL link is on furaffinity, cause the others don't work either.

Maybe the game got canned and droped from the net, which is too bad cause it's a dam good game, I even got a guide for mission set-ups made for it... Sad
avatar
KingofKings

Posts : 52
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2012-10-12
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: misbro303 Game

Post by Xela on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:55 am

Nergal49 wrote:Misbro303's blog does not appear to exist anymore, would someone mind posting a link to the game?
My ISP is feeling generous, 3 MB/s upload instead of 0.5 MB/s...

Here is the link: https://mega.co.nz/#!ylBg2TqQ!BEXjDFg54UOBXgOg8pe3Qz61D5hB53Zg4z91Cc_2FnY

22 slaves pickup and Hinata added to the game (I don't have any other mods I am afraid Sad )

Xela

Posts : 266
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2011-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: misbro303 Game

Post by Lkd99 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:40 am

Xela wrote:FOUND IT!!! Smile Apparently it ALREADY works, we just didn't play long enough Smile

In process1Mission.js:

   maxImageNo = Math.min( player.slave['totalimage'], Math.ceil( Math.floor(player.slave['level']/10) * (player.slave['totalimage']/4)));
   imageNo = randomInt( 1, maxImageNo);

change to:

   maxImageNo = player.slave['totalimage'];
   imageNo = randomInt( 1, maxImageNo);

And game will randomly choose an image between 1 and whatever

initialSlave[tempData1]['totalimage'] = 48;

is set to in slavelist.js. Already tested and 100% sure that it works Smile

Basically, even with old code, images would have eventually become available but only at a VERY high level of a slave (for example if you have 100 images, all of them could be displayed ONLY at level 40, past level 22 images numbered over 50 would start to appear BUT at relatively small chance (1/51)...).

PS: There is no index checking so setting amount of images greater than actually available will likely cause game to crash!!!

PS2: There is an amazing piece of software you can use to rename the files called ReNamer [by den4b]. It can speed up pack making significantly!
Very nice work!!! I can see that your good with your coding skills xD
Unlike me Sad

HOWEVER I will get better and I will strive to beat you Xela! that is my new goal on the internet Very Happy!

Lkd99

Posts : 87
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2012-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: misbro303 Game

Post by Xela on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:24 am

I don't know the first thing about javascript but some of it is similar to Python...

Xela

Posts : 266
Reputation : 33
Join date : 2011-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: misbro303 Game

Post by Lkd99 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:06 pm

Xela wrote:I don't know the first thing about javascript but some of it is similar to Python...
I have never worked with either.
I have used notepad++ for websites quite abit, gamemaker, and pascal.
That's it really xD

Java programming this year!!! YES! working on apple computers meh... not so much yes!

Lkd99

Posts : 87
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2012-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: misbro303 Game

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum