Tweaking details.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tweaking details.

Post by Raed on Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:13 am

Hard mode is currently impossible. Like, quite literally impossible. Urd's beginning stats are to low to make any profit, and there's currently no way to improve them. The only currently viable option is to increase Urd's stats so she can actually make some sort of profit. Maybe reduce her obedience a little, like the old game. Same goes for normal if you decrease the obedience.

Easy mode is too easy. You can immediately do everything. Adding things may seem like it'll fix the problem, but when you add stuff like upgrades, they're just that, upgrades. In the end they'll increase the already high production. Maybe not now, as there is nothing to offset it, but when the upgrades come in at least, maybe the prices for things should be increased? Or maybe the customer rate should be decreased so you can't achieve a full building unless you fully upgrade. Right now it's too easy to reach 225 customers in the Central Palace.

Normal mode is too normal. Just kidding. Normal is pretty well balanced. In the beginning of the game at least.
Raed

View user profile http://simbro.phpbb3now.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Tweaking details.

Post by Midnight_Amratha on Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:13 am

i totally agree.

when you start with ath best 7 gold/ and at worst -4 gold/day you are bound to fail at the very least the first two missions.

and since the ratio of negative income days as opposed to positive income is in the vicinity of 1 to 5 you will have a hard time hitting 300 gold by day 30 much less the goals you are presented with , which is normally at least two buildings with one style or as i experienced 7 girld by day 60.

i just have to conclude that the income has not been an issue since you can just press the "magic" button to get more money in development mode, but the playability or rather lack of same without that cheat button if almost impossible.

Midnight_Amratha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight_Amratha on Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:14 am

just tried the hard mode and found you can actually get headway but ONLY if you start out by selling urd, she's a loosing proposition to begin with.
if you want to adjust that mode, you will need to set her income to slightly more than 8 gold to start with.

Midnight_Amratha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raed on Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:20 am

Yeah, but selling the main girl shouldn't be possible.
Raed

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight_Amratha on Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:07 am

also true, since they are the "mama-san" so to speak. something else i came to think of, making money after a certain time is not an issue. The reason that happens is because of the VAST amounts of customers. In the old sim brothel there was a finite amount of customers, if you had more girls than customers you simply didn't earn money. We might consider doing the same, place a limit on how many customers are willing to visit the various size of buildings, no matter the amount of advertizing and nomatter the various types of upgrades to said buildings there should be a limit to the customers.
that will also provide a natural way of spending money.

Midnight_Amratha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raed on Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:43 am

What do you mean? The limit of customers per house is 3 times as many rooms. so if your using a shack with three rooms, nine customers can visit. And each girl at maximum CON, with few exceptions, can use three customers, so it comes out evenly.
Raed

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Fox on Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:43 am

Personally, I think a limit on customers available and the number of customers each girl should take is not a good concept.

First, I think customers should be theoretically unlimited and the actual number attracted should be based on reputation, building, theme, and advertising.

Second, I think the number of customers each girl can take should be based on player settings. As the girl takes more customers, health depletion should be increased and quality/customer satisfaction should decrease.

My third suggestion is so vast that it deserves a thread of its own. I think since people find that there is no problem making money after a while. I suggest we create something that is horrible and vast at the same time.

The Law

1. Once a player activates a theme, we create laws for each theme.
Ex:
Goddess- Piety - They may not accept more than a limited amount in price and extra money will be taxed or donated out for a charisma bonus.
SchoolGirl - Schooldays - These girls may not work for more than three days in a row or they will be caught by truancy officers and detained for 3 days. In exchange, they gain a constitution, obedience, and charisma bonus every three days.

2. These laws can be temporarily subverted by an expensive and ever-increasing bribing of government officials every 7 or 30 days.

3. Random law events
Temporary price controls, Theme bans, etc.

Twisted Fox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight_Amratha on Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:07 am

i know i'm putting my hand inside a hornets nest but i have a small suggestion for you, start a game on hard mode, sell urd as your first action and find two girls each costing around 500 gold, ignore first two missions as they are impossible to meet and see how much gold you can amass during the 300 days you have to play in, i did that and ended up with the central palace bought to full max room capacity, all girls bought and 5.2 mil gold!
if that isn't a bit overdoing things then i have no idea what is?
by day 250 the daily income after all expenses was steadily around 75000 gold.

Midnight_Amratha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight_Amratha on Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:10 am

what the hard mode needs is not the easy access to unlimited customers, but if you insit on that, then the only other option for making it hard throughout the entire period of gameplay i can imagine, is a rather big increase in the amount of disasters and money loosing events

Midnight_Amratha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raed on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:19 am

In order to properly balance out hard mode, you can't just have a set back in the beginning, you need something that will drain throughout the game without putting all the stress on the beginning. SimBro 1 had an increased Rank Up fee, so you could still meet your mission requirements, but not as easily, and the challenge persisted throughout the game.

Also, "Take A Walk" currently has a story that asks you to pay 750, but what if you don't have the 750, or at least can't spend it? You shouldn't be forced to pay it if you didn't see it coming. So maybe add the girl to the "Buy Girls" list, or make the offer able to be declined and repeated later?
Raed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top